Photo

Is Butter Problematic?

vitamin vitamins vitamin a vitamin k

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 OneTwoPassIt

OneTwoPassIt

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 December 2011 - 10:10 PM

Seems like a solid fat source with Vitamin A and Vitamin K2. There's no whey and the casein is negligible.

Are the hormones present really an issue or is their concern overblown?

#2 chunkylard

chunkylard

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 December 2011 - 10:39 PM

If it's grass fed butter, it's a very "inert" food and isn't something to worry about, even if you're lactose intolerant. If it's regular old butter, it's probably best to avoid it for several reasons.
After suffering with acne since age 11, finally found my triggers 11 years later.
Clear for almost 1 year & in control of my acne, although due to some hyperpigmentation, I believed I was still breaking out. In fact, I thought I had just cleared up a few months ago, but after realizing my "breakouts" were simply scarring I also realized I was technically clear for much longer than I thought. Rare breakouts only whenever I get lazy with my diet.

The Cure for Acne:
-Avoid the Acne Trifecta: Soy, Gluten, and Dairy like the plague.
-Eat a Low-GI diet and avoid Sugar.
-Eat lots of protein and healthy fats (ANTIBIOTIC FREE/NO HORMONES ADDED/FREE RANGE/HUMANELY SLAUGHTERED)
-Get lots of green vegetables and sunshine.
-Supplement whenever possible. Due to how much we've ruined food in the past 60 years, the amount of nutrients found in food nowadays is lower than it was decades ago.
-Exercise, get sunshine, and avoid stressful situations.
-Don't fear food. Go out & eat. It's not good for the skin, but it's good for the soul.

#3 cervantes86

cervantes86

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 12 December 2011 - 08:15 AM

now butter causes breakouts too.....i think we should become photosynthetic in order to avoid acne.

Edited by jhonyguy04, 12 December 2011 - 08:16 AM.

#4 dejaclairevoyant

dejaclairevoyant

~clean body, beautiful life~

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 December 2011 - 12:07 PM

I can't speak for it's health properties in general all I can say is I break out from it exactly the same as any other dairy. Doesn't seem to matter if it's raw, grass fed, etc.

Current Skin-Care Regimen (A work in progress):

Morning:

Gentle wash with DKR cleanser

Benzoyl Peroxide 2.5% (Following Dan's Regimen)

DKR Lotion + A squirt of Argan or Grapeseed oil (The  lotion alone wasn't hydrating enough)

Skin 79 Korean BB Cream (excellent stuff)

Evening:

Gentle Wash with DKR Cleanser

Benzoyl Peroxide 2.5% (Following Dan's Regimen)

DKR Lotion + A squirt of Argan or Grapeseed oil

#5 UncleBob

UncleBob

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 December 2011 - 09:43 PM

I haven't eaten butter for years. I'll test it later by slapping them on everything to see if it breaks me out.

#6 FaceValues

FaceValues

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 16
About Me

Achievements

Posted 13 December 2011 - 01:53 PM

I picked up some european style grass-fed butter and it hasn't been giving me any problems.

Instead of looking for the right person, become the right person.

If you treat your self/symptom with a lot more compassion, you'll find your skin heals much faster when it's not constantly in store for a thrashin'. Rather than blasting the sound of what you're currently treating your face with, the case may be you just need to change the station and re-evaluate you and your skin's relationship . It's easier than you think to relate with, because much like mainstream radio emotions always make for underrated yet relevant statements.

My website is in progress and will probably benefit you in some way.

#7 4Fours

4Fours

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Achievements

Posted 13 December 2011 - 06:10 PM

My derm told me there is a proven link between dairy and acne. Butter is dairy... maybe avoid and see if it helps?
90% clear from IgG allergy-free diet (need a personal blood test) which resulted in becoming vegan and gluten-free.

My routine: http://www.acne.org/...y-regimen-2012/

Think BCP "regulate" your cycle? It could be making things worse!
http://drsaulmarcus....trol_pills.html

#8 steven m jacobson

steven m jacobson

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 December 2011 - 06:42 PM

now butter causes breakouts too.....i think we should become photosynthetic in order to avoid acne.

Haha, I actually tend to understand and agree where you are coming from here. Although foods (butter included) can create a possibility of acne, we simply will never know if it actually does in each individuals body, not unless of course they are diagnosed with some type of allergen that causes skin side effects (acne being included). I have read on this forum that almost every thing, even water, can cause acne. As an adult I find these things just silly. EVERYONES BODIES ARE DIFFERENT, not sure if I can yell that loud enough on here. The only way to know if you have a food allergen that is the main cause of your acne, is to get the allergen screenings. We can all beat around the fur and play the guessing game, and all go on some high end no this no that diet(s), or we can take the short cut that is medical science and find out how our own bodies (that's right, INDIVIDUALLY) effect the skin.