Photo

Tretinoin Day 58... Patience :p

tretinoin red mark

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

#1 GiselSunshine

GiselSunshine

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 December 2011 - 09:11 PM

Hello guys so I'm currently using Tretinoin (Atralin 0.05%) at night and Aczone in the mornings, so far I am still breaking out just a little and have a bit of red marks on my cheeks it seems as if my blackheads are purging and turning into pimples.... do any of you in here have any Tretinoin success stories? I would LOVE to hear them :) and also is it still normal that I am breaking out just a tad bit? I WANT TO BE CLEAR :(
AH SORRY patience....patience Posted Image
have a nice day guys!

#2 GiselSunshine

GiselSunshine

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 December 2011 - 10:05 PM

Anyone? 😊

#3 N.clare

N.clare

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 27
About Me

Posted 12 December 2011 - 11:00 AM

you should read the logs in this thread, there are lots of really good examples of how well it works :)

#4 unlovely2011

unlovely2011

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 12 December 2011 - 11:13 AM

oh hey i finally found someone with my exact same regimen! i'm 4 months in and while my skin is not perfect yet, it got a LOT better after about 3 months. day 58... you're not quite at 3 months so i'd say my skin was still pretty tempermental at that point, but you should be over the worst part by now. there are some of my pics in my gallery but i stopped posting pics after about 11 weeks or so. i posted more recent pics in nclare's log and gems' log though. best of luck to you!

#5 PaulH85

PaulH85

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 11
About Me

Posted 12 December 2011 - 01:29 PM

I'm using Tretinoin 0.05% too. Seen good results over the last three or four months in terms of how heals pimples a lot faster than anything else I've ever used, and without the harsh burning I used to get from every other topical I've previously used. I think because of the previous experiences, I'm kind of nervous to really apply the Isotretinoin to whole areas where I'm prone to breaking out. Instead, I just end up using it as like an on-the-spot treatment. Like I said, it's great for that, but I'm guessing I'm not getting the best out of it if I'm not applying regularly to whole areas. That's how we're actually supposed to use these things, isn't it?

#6 GiselSunshine

GiselSunshine

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 December 2011 - 05:43 PM

Thank you guys :) we can do this!

I'm using Tretinoin 0.05% too. Seen good results over the last three or four months in terms of how heals pimples a lot faster than anything else I've ever used, and without the harsh burning I used to get from every other topical I've previously used. I think because of the previous experiences, I'm kind of nervous to really apply the Isotretinoin to whole areas where I'm prone to breaking out. Instead, I just end up using it as like an on-the-spot treatment. Like I said, it's great for that, but I'm guessing I'm not getting the best out of it if I'm not applying regularly to whole areas. That's how we're actually supposed to use these things, isn't it?

Definitely try to take advantage of it and apply it to your entire face so you can get the get the great benefit of it :)!

oh hey i finally found someone with my exact same regimen! i'm 4 months in and while my skin is not perfect yet, it got a LOT better after about 3 months. day 58... you're not quite at 3 months so i'd say my skin was still pretty tempermental at that point, but you should be over the worst part by now. there are some of my pics in my gallery but i stopped posting pics after about 11 weeks or so. i posted more recent pics in nclare's log and gems' log though. best of luck to you!

OMG your skin has improved soooooo much ( I just saw your gallery) woah! Posted Image ! Posted Image
Right now I'm not breaking out a lot i just have about one active pimple on my cheek and another one in my other cheek Posted Image I'm just hoping that for the third month my marks are a little more faded :D tomorrow marks the two month period of tretinoin and aczone! yayyy! I really hope things get better Posted Image
good luck to you!

you should read the logs in this thread, there are lots of really good examples of how well it works Posted Image

you're completely right! thanks :) and good luck to you! <3

#7 unlovely2011

unlovely2011

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 12 December 2011 - 06:14 PM

thanks! it really has. it was such a nightmare before i got on the medicine, but it got even worse after about 3 weeks when all the crap in my skin started to really react with the new medicine. speaking of which, were you prescribed an antibiotic for the first couple months? i found it extremely beneficial as it gives your skin an upperhand to fight the bacteria for the duration of that terrible initial breakout. it keeps the breakouts smaller and less painful than they would be, as you can imagine this helps to keep from picking as well as scarring. but it's smooth sailing now... even though i still have marks, i never thought my skin would be this soft and smooth again. and i got lucky with the scarring, it's very minimal even now. i'm never quitting my atralin/aczone regimen unless it stops working. :)

#8 PaulH85

PaulH85

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 11
About Me

Posted 12 December 2011 - 08:10 PM

OK, so I won't tell you about how I'm now totally sure that I've been using it all wrong for at least four months. No, I won't mention that because I'd look pretty silly. Nor will I mention that I could have avoided making that mistake had I simply read the information which comes with the gel. No, I certainly won't mention that because that's the obvious thing to do and if I tell you that I didn't do that, I'll look really stupid. No, I won't mention any of this at all. ;)

Right, I guess that tomorrow, I will start using it properly! :D

#9 GiselSunshine

GiselSunshine

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 December 2011 - 09:58 PM

thanks! it really has. it was such a nightmare before i got on the medicine, but it got even worse after about 3 weeks when all the crap in my skin started to really react with the new medicine. speaking of which, were you prescribed an antibiotic for the first couple months? i found it extremely beneficial as it gives your skin an upperhand to fight the bacteria for the duration of that terrible initial breakout. it keeps the breakouts smaller and less painful than they would be, as you can imagine this helps to keep from picking as well as scarring. but it's smooth sailing now... even though i still have marks, i never thought my skin would be this soft and smooth again. and i got lucky with the scarring, it's very minimal even now. i'm never quitting my atralin/aczone regimen unless it stops working. Posted Image

Sounds great :') after all the trouble we all may go through there's always light at the end of the tunnel, I'm a big believer in positiveness :)!

OK, so I won't tell you about how I'm now totally sure that I've been using it all wrong for at least four months. No, I won't mention that because I'd look pretty silly. Nor will I mention that I could have avoided making that mistake had I simply read the information which comes with the gel. No, I certainly won't mention that because that's the obvious thing to do and if I tell you that I didn't do that, I'll look really stupid. No, I won't mention any of this at all. Posted Image

Right, I guess that tomorrow, I will start using it properly! Posted Image

WOOOOO! please do and you shall see a lot of change soon! Posted Image

#10 N.clare

N.clare

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 December 2011 - 05:06 AM

Positive thinking is always helpful, stress is a BIG factor in acne... We have to stop analyzing the mirror! Im so guilty of it. Lol. :)

#11 GiselSunshine

GiselSunshine

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 December 2011 - 10:32 AM

Positive thinking is always helpful, stress is a BIG factor in acne... We have to stop analyzing the mirror! Im so guilty of it. Lol. Posted Image

Yes! everything happens for a reason and i know this may sound silly but the reason we are faced with acne is because we are strong enough to overcome it and fight against it even if it may not seem that way at the moment :)!

#12 acnebattlegirl

acnebattlegirl

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 December 2011 - 01:50 PM

Great postive thinking Gisel Sunshine!

#13 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 10
About Me

Achievements

Posted 22 January 2012 - 08:30 AM

Gisel, how's your treatment going? I am thinking that if my regimen doesn't work, i may ask for Atralin - any difference in your acne?

Good Luck with everything!