Photo

Epiduo Log!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 superwater

superwater

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 December 2011 - 12:01 AM

Hello everyone! Yes I am new to this site but anyway here's my story...
male, 16 years old, acne since 14, mostly mild to moderate, acne around mouth

So I went to the dermo and she prescribed me epiduo to use at night. In addition I use neutrogena oil free acne wash and a neutrogena moisturizer. Hopefully this is worth it. I will be posting my progress but since I found this site out recently, im already on day 10. That was fast haha

First week - started getting better but got new pimples as week progressed, kinda mad, oh and the stinging!:(

Now, day 10- face has better complexion, is getting dry but I notice when I use my moisturizer it feels like im getting new pimples(any suggestions, maybe a different face wash?) 2 medium pimples and a lot of small ones

Please comment guys, I really need to know what u think and if this epiduo really works!

#2 Nelo18

Nelo18

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 December 2011 - 12:21 AM

the neutrogena face wash is very drying and irritating. it also doesnt help with acne at all. u should consider something more gentle.

http://www.beautyped...vMGKpKPloziYnM=
Claravis 40mg started 10/12/11
Stopped on 11/10/11 because of Liver Functioning and High Cholesterol.

Recontinued 3/16/12 - Finished 8/25/12

#3 superwater

superwater

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 December 2011 - 10:11 PM

Day 12
nothing too noteworthy to add exept im noticing im not getting as many pimples before and my moisturizer is working great not! Havnt been noticing stinging anymore(hopefully it will stay that way)
also I realize when I leave my face alone(not picking or constant looking in the mirror) it looks much better, you guys should try it!

One question though, should I use my moisturizer after I put epiduo on and in the morning or what? Im currently putting it on in the morning. It has no spf and really I don't feel I need spf since I nearly get any sun and its the winter

Thanks for checking in!

the neutrogena face wash is very drying and irritating. it also doesnt help with acne at all. u should consider something more gentle.

http://www.beautypedia.com/search.aspx?cid=133&k=neutrogena+oil+free&rid=%2c1%2c2%2c3%2c4%2c5%2c6%2c7%2c&sf=%2c1%2c2%2c3%2c4%2c#&&6AjSOSdMgN9ePS+nXMMJOl+tjJLfFIc8FBBD2F6NKkI4Y81c8ZlXDa1Q9hZeaSTf7SEsGotI4gNCrY3+RCuKQTZ1PV5gQNItsBFPUPWPqfoyDa/crF3RPw0F2MXe9szfMZYZFWFgrVzLsMPAMegi2zUF+GHtTf3P9frHGn9G1nYiXp/x34C8EkLHiMmCUSH63qSHT3hVbJ9wYimTYsQtlTR8gDwkanN3G6ay9SA8fUSRGvMGKpKPloziYnM=

Thanks for the help! As of now im pleased with my face wash but if anything bad occurs I will look into your solution

#4 Nelo18

Nelo18

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 December 2011 - 10:29 PM

u should always wear spf during the day, even if its winter.

70% of aging caused by sun damage
Claravis 40mg started 10/12/11
Stopped on 11/10/11 because of Liver Functioning and High Cholesterol.

Recontinued 3/16/12 - Finished 8/25/12

#5 superwater

superwater

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 December 2011 - 11:31 PM

Day 17- ok so the beginning of this week wasl alright but then I broke out and I have no clue why but what I did get is a moisturizer with spf and it seems like its helping me a bit. I know this stuff doesn't work instantly but hopefully at the end of the week I will be past the breakout stage and ease into the improvement stage. I know this takes a while for it to work and patience is a key issue, I have faith in this stuff

#6 superwater

superwater

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 December 2011 - 09:35 PM

Dia vientedos( something like that) 22
went to the dermo yesterday and totally swithed up my regimen which I agree 500with percent
I now use ellete creamy wash and take zithromax(anti flammatory) which she recomended
In addition I now use olay moisturizer(my sisters) cuz I feel the neutrogena one was a problem, neutrogena wasn't working well for me and I wanted to get rid of it.

I know this new regimen will work, let the clear skin begin!

#7 superwater

superwater

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 December 2011 - 08:32 PM

Day nothing now
as I kept using my face products all I noticed was more and more irritation....ding ding light bulb( for me I think that is the cause of my acne) im still taking zithromax as it causes no irritation for my skin, with the others products(cleanser, moisturizer and epiduo) I have completely stopped using it. Ikr why is this a epiduo log then haha? I started this 2 days ago and im already noticing a big difference. My face is dry and flaky but I expected that for atleast a week, also I really havnt gotten any new pimples exept the ones that came up from which I had beofre. There really is no redness in my face anymore and I feel free! Before it felt like I had constant scratches and stinging on my face and now its gone. I really feel this is the solution to my problem. Also is anyone reading these posts? Haha oh well anyway ill check back in a few days(ps im still taking zithromax) sorry epiduo u just wernt working for me! I only use water in the morning and night, that's all!

#8 steven m jacobson

steven m jacobson

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 December 2011 - 09:18 PM

Day nothing now
as I kept using my face products all I noticed was more and more irritation....ding ding light bulb( for me I think that is the cause of my acne) im still taking zithromax as it causes no irritation for my skin, with the others products(cleanser, moisturizer and epiduo) I have completely stopped using it. Ikr why is this a epiduo log then haha? I started this 2 days ago and im already noticing a big difference. My face is dry and flaky but I expected that for atleast a week, also I really havnt gotten any new pimples exept the ones that came up from which I had beofre. There really is no redness in my face anymore and I feel free! Before it felt like I had constant scratches and stinging on my face and now its gone. I really feel this is the solution to my problem. Also is anyone reading these posts? Haha oh well anyway ill check back in a few days(ps im still taking zithromax) sorry epiduo u just wernt working for me! I only use water in the morning and night, that's all!

Topicals are terrible for the skin, I suggest using nothing, keep on doing what you are doing. Rinse skin with water, and you are golden. One of my main factors was orgasm/ejaculation, reducing that cleared me up, sounds weird but its what worked for me. No topicals/soaps, no masturbation/sex = 100% clear, have been so for the last two years. Give it a shot and see what happens.

Edited by steven m jacobson, 25 December 2011 - 09:18 PM.

#9 superwater

superwater

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 December 2011 - 10:24 AM

Haha well its good to see that worked for you, this water regimen is working great, im already past the flaky stage and my face finally has a tone! Woooohooooo!