Photo

Great Mineral Foundation/powder - Mineral Fusion

makeup mineral natural concealer powder vitamin a vitamin e zinc red tea foundation

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 Ukulala

Ukulala

Towtally Ossum

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 09 December 2011 - 01:42 PM

Hello!

I don't post in here much, as I don't use much makeup, but that's why I especially want to talk about this brand.

When I went through a REALLY awful period of breakouts recently, I looked for ages into makeup. I knew I wanted something natural and high quality that would not break the bank.

Bare Minerals works well, but I couldn't stand their advertising. I didn't want to support a company so obnoxious, honestly.

Origins are AMAZING, but I didn't have the option of getting them either in the mail or at a location (I was traveling).

So I found Mineral Fusion. Specifically - their pressed powder foundation.

I just happened upon it at a co-op in Newark, DE, but man, am I glad I did. It is a WONDERFUL pressed powder; it covers up blemishes wonderfully, stays put, is super light (you can keep applying it for more coverage or just brush it on for light coverage - superb) and non-comodegenic, and is made of all-natural ingredients (very important to me). And perhaps best of all, the company is one I can support. They're responsible and do their part to be environmentally friendly.

The powder cost me about $24 or so - give or take - but it's been two months and I can barely see a dent in it. A little bit goes a long way (or has for me), and man, it's so worth the extra bit to get this good stuff.

Just thought I'd mention it, as I really, really love this stuff. You can't even tell I'm wearing it!

Hope somebody finds this relevant, have a good day!

EDIT:
I'm leaving this up, as I know MANY people have had good experiences with Mineral Fusion -- and I did for a while. But recently, I'm starting to think it might actually have an ingredient in it I'm sensitive to, so I want to make that known. Full disclosure and all that. The ingredients in it are:

Mica, Lauroyl Lysine, Zinc Stearate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Zinc Oxide (CI 77947), Boron Nitride, Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C), Hydrolyzed Mango Juice Extract, Hydrolyzed Garcinia Mangostana (Mangosteen) Fruit Extract, Camellia Sinensis (White Tea) Leaf Extract, Alaria Esculenta (Sea Kelp) Extract, Aspalathus Linearis (Rooibus Red Tea) Leaf Extract, Glycrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Seed Extract, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Tocopherol Acetate (Vitamin E), Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A), Sambucus Nigra Fruit (Elderberry), Phenoxyethanol. MAY CONTAIN (+/-): Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

Hope this helps people.

Edited by Ukulala, 23 January 2012 - 08:11 AM.

#2 Rachelx7

Rachelx7

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 09 December 2011 - 02:43 PM

Thanks for the tip. I'm always looking for pressed mineral makeup. Please tell me it doesn't contain bismuth? I hate that ingredient. It itches my skin and looks like I have Crisco on my face.

#3 Ukulala

Ukulala

Towtally Ossum

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 09 December 2011 - 05:36 PM

Oh boy - I'm afraid I have no idea. But let me look it up!

...Looks like we're good to go! You're safe. :)

#4 Rachelx7

Rachelx7

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 09 December 2011 - 08:46 PM

Thank you! It looks like I can buy it locally... and plan to do so soon as they seem to have a nice choice of shades and the price is reasonable. Thanks again!

#5 EmmaNaomi

EmmaNaomi

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 December 2011 - 12:08 PM

Thanks. I'm always up for trying out make-up. I just hope it works - I've had alot of experience of buying make-up and then it not actually working.

#6 DainBramaged

DainBramaged

a

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 December 2011 - 12:45 PM

#7 Rachelx7

Rachelx7

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 21 December 2011 - 06:34 PM

I bought it two days ago. It's okay. The Olive 1 is what I got and it seems a bit too light, but not too bad that I won't wear it. The Olive 2 may be the perfect match in the summer, but not now. It doesn't cover as well as the Palladio Wet/Dry foundation so I'm disappointed that it cost $29 and the Palladio is $9. I don't think I'll buy it again.

#8 Ukulala

Ukulala

Towtally Ossum

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 22 December 2011 - 12:48 PM

:/ Sorry to hear that, Rachel. It worked really well for me, but we're all different, after all.

Thank you! It looks like I can buy it locally... and plan to do so soon as they seem to have a nice choice of shades and the price is reasonable. Thanks again!

I hope it works for you! Cheers.

#9 goofyrfy

goofyrfy

Crazy Cat Lady

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 27 December 2011 - 12:39 PM

I just bought it yesterday and I love it already. :) I think powder fountain is awesome! Thanks for the recommendation!!! :)