gym protein shakes insulin

4 replies to this topic

#1 Chestercool

Chestercool

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 November 2011 - 10:00 AM

Theres many people claiming that when they started working out at the gym, including me, acne appeared. To that, people deduced its the bacteria and the sweat that clogs the pores. As we know, a pimple forms because dead cells and bacteria clogs the pore which has an overproduction of sebum. Lets not forget, grains are difficult to digest, white potatoes raise the insulin and so does supplements like gainers. Besides the food bodybuilders eat the most, mentioned previously, the hormonal changes when the muscle grows might be important aswell.

I read the post about a spanish guy, he said he had some acne on his back. When he started to do strenght workout, his acne was gone. After that, he started hypertrophy workouts again, and surprisely acne came back. During strenght workout, the muscle doesnt grow, because low repetitions are specifically for this type of trainning, 5 repetitions aprox. When gaining muscle is the objective, high repetitions is better, around 10 aprox. Lets see this graphics, sorry about the language, its in spanish:

Posted Image
The first images shows the growth hormone during strenght workouts. The second hypertrophy workouts. Can you see the difference?

The third image shows testosterone in strenght workouts, the fourth in hypertrophy workouts. Its higher right?

The last one is about lactic acid, i wouldnt pay to much attention to it...

About food and gainers

As this thread http://www.acne.org/...-you-have-acne/ made by moonbase, shows a new perspective about acne, everything starts in the gut as he says, inflammation in the gut means inflammation in all the body too. Obviously, acne is an inflammatory disease. Also, so much food speacially rice, oats, corn and oither grains damage the gut.
Gainers (whey protein, isolate ,etc) of different brands such as ON, Ultimate nutrition, etc are easy to digest. However, we dont know what they really put in it, different hormones maybe with glutamine, creatine and many more. This supplements might raise the insuling, which means overproduction of sebum and then acne.

Conclusion

If you look closely, many people in the gym has acne, it might be the high caloric diet they eat, the raised insulin, or the increase of testosterone as i explain in this topic. In my own case, I began suffering from acne when i bought my gainer, ate more carbs and did a especific hypertrophy training. Maybe the combination of all this factors lead acne and not just sweat and bacteria, more research is needed.

Thanks for reading

Edited by Chestercool, 29 November 2011 - 10:01 AM.

My log might be helpful for you,check it out!! Posted Imagehttp://www.acne.org/...stic-pics-incl/

-I controlled my acne after cutting off whey protein, after 4 months it came back.
-Then i tried an strict paleo diet, it worked. But the ocassional few pimples didnt let my PIH fade
-I wasnt happy with my routine, coudnt drink with my friends, eat different food and the worst: i was loosing confidence
-When my PIH was fading, i broke out, because i tried vitamin C to end with the ocassional pimples, which might cause stomach irritation=break out
- I wasnt happy because of my diet, just broke out, and i started accutane asap.

- Currently, im taking accutane even thought my acne is mild, but with persistant PIH, just few weeks left, no more pimples anymore.

"If i had a wish, i woudnt ask for flawless skin, I'd ask for the maxium of confidence"
Poeple think they are going to be happy and confident if they get rid of their acne...well..they are totally wrong

#2 SuperMachii

SuperMachii

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 November 2011 - 01:30 PM

Though your not wrong, your not all right either.

Doing these things doesn't just suddenly cause acne! The person had to have been 'prone' to getting acne and so if they participated in these types of activity (hypertrophy training), they get acne. These persons have some sort of chemical absorbing/ digestive / chemical using/transporting imbalance (some bodily process) that makes them sensitive to things that may trigger the acne from the 'acne prone nature' of the body system. This has always been my theory and if you watched that video from Moonbases thread 'all diseases start in the gut', that lady in the video explains the prone/sensitive/allergic type trigger I mentioned, she didnt use those exact words i think.
So, while you say.. 'lifting weight might cause acne'... your really forgetting about all the other things that can cause acne (according to your logic), like citrus, milk, alcohol, sugarry snacks, stressful activities, moisturizers, masturbation, sebum, sweat, tap water, coffee, chocolate, pizza, grains, soy, beans. A person with a normal functioning system such as a clear skinned person who hasn't had acne yet... is not going to suddenly breakout even if they violate any or all of these triggers. I know you probably knew this, but you need to reiterate it, it is important because its not just about coping with acne and avoiding the triggers by sacrificing doing certain activities, or giving up foods, and even some natural foods... etc, Its really about rebuilding and re-balancing yourself with a diet and lifestyle.. to the point where you would at least lose the sensitivity to these acne causing triggers.

Edited by Wangod, 29 November 2011 - 01:41 PM.

I'm usually talking in reference to my clogged pores/blackheads etc.

#3 FaceValues

FaceValues

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 16
About Me
  • Interests:I'm into written/spoken word, nutrition, astrology, and light roast coffee.

Achievements

Posted 29 November 2011 - 01:55 PM

Doing these things doesn't just suddenly cause acne! The person had to have been 'prone' to getting acne and so if they participated in these types of activity (hypertrophy training), they get acne. These persons have some sort of chemical absorbing/ digestive / chemical using/transporting imbalance (some bodily process) that makes them sensitive to things that may trigger the acne from the 'acne prone nature' of the body system. This has always been my theory and if you watched that video from Moonbases thread 'all diseases start in the gut', that lady in the video explains the prone/sensitive/allergic type trigger I mentioned, she didnt use those exact words i think.
So, while you say.. 'lifting weight might cause acne'... your really forgetting about all the other things that can cause acne (according to your logic), like citrus, milk, alcohol, sugarry snacks, stressful activities, moisturizers, masturbation, sebum, sweat, tap water, coffee, chocolate, pizza, grains, soy, beans. A person with a normal functioning system such as a clear skinned person who hasn't had acne yet... is not going to suddenly breakout even if they violate any or all of these triggers. I know you probably knew this, but you need to reiterate it, it is important because its not just about coping with acne and avoiding the triggers by sacrificing doing certain activities, or giving up foods, and even some natural foods... etc, Its really about rebuilding and re-balancing yourself with a diet and lifestyle.. to the point where you would at least lose the sensitivity to these acne causing triggers.

Nice icon, wangod. ;)

Instead of looking for the right person, become the right person.

If you treat your self/symptom with a lot more compassion, you'll find your skin heals much faster when it's not constantly in store for a thrashin'. Rather than blasting the sound of what you're currently treating your face with, the case may be you just need to change the station and re-evaluate you and your skin's relationship . It's easier than you think to relate with, because much like mainstream radio emotions always make for underrated yet relevant statements.

My website is in progress and will probably benefit you in some way.

#4 chunkylard

chunkylard

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 November 2011 - 05:31 PM

There's a difference between testosterone and dyhydrotestosterone (DHT.)

Also the free testosterone levels return to baseline shortly after workout and frankly don't raise testosterone all that much even. You'd certainly get a bigger boost of free testosterone from taking some sort of external testosterone supplement/steroid.
After suffering with acne since age 11, finally found my triggers 11 years later.
Clear for almost 1 year & in control of my acne, although due to some hyperpigmentation, I believed I was still breaking out. In fact, I thought I had just cleared up a few months ago, but after realizing my "breakouts" were simply scarring I also realized I was technically clear for much longer than I thought. Rare breakouts only whenever I get lazy with my diet.

The Cure for Acne:
-Avoid the Acne Trifecta: Soy, Gluten, and Dairy like the plague.
-Eat a Low-GI diet and avoid Sugar.
-Eat lots of protein and healthy fats (ANTIBIOTIC FREE/NO HORMONES ADDED/FREE RANGE/HUMANELY SLAUGHTERED)
-Get lots of green vegetables and sunshine.
-Supplement whenever possible. Due to how much we've ruined food in the past 60 years, the amount of nutrients found in food nowadays is lower than it was decades ago.
-Exercise, get sunshine, and avoid stressful situations.
-Don't fear food. Go out & eat. It's not good for the skin, but it's good for the soul.

#5 Chestercool

Chestercool

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 November 2011 - 09:24 PM

Am i forgetting about all the other things that could cause acne? i think thats cause im talking about a SPECIFIC acne trigger. You're right, i know many people are not prone to acne, but people who is prone, are going to develop acne in a higher scale, that's what im trying to prove, and this thread is to discuss about it and confirm if i could be right or not, such as Chunk's post who says lifting weights does not increase testosterone itself, supplements/steroids does. Also, Im based in my own experience. I dont even know what we are discussing about if i think the same way than you, gym is not going to cause acne if you are not prone to it.
My log might be helpful for you,check it out!! Posted Imagehttp://www.acne.org/...stic-pics-incl/

-I controlled my acne after cutting off whey protein, after 4 months it came back.
-Then i tried an strict paleo diet, it worked. But the ocassional few pimples didnt let my PIH fade
-I wasnt happy with my routine, coudnt drink with my friends, eat different food and the worst: i was loosing confidence
-When my PIH was fading, i broke out, because i tried vitamin C to end with the ocassional pimples, which might cause stomach irritation=break out
- I wasnt happy because of my diet, just broke out, and i started accutane asap.

- Currently, im taking accutane even thought my acne is mild, but with persistant PIH, just few weeks left, no more pimples anymore.

"If i had a wish, i woudnt ask for flawless skin, I'd ask for the maxium of confidence"
Poeple think they are going to be happy and confident if they get rid of their acne...well..they are totally wrong

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users