This topic is archived.
22 replies to this topic

#21 Murph89

Murph89

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Music, MMA, photography, fishing.

Achievements

Posted 13 July 2012 - 11:15 PM

8 months on accutane and it didn't clear you up?! Damn. I'm sorry man.

#22 angelgarza1

angelgarza1

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Biking, health, nutrition, yoga, meditation, reading ,running, photography.

Posted 14 July 2012 - 09:18 PM

Hey, you said you have a clean diet? If you are using whey protein, that could be the main culprit in your acne. Eliminate ALL DAIRY from your diet and you will thank yourself. You will see major improvements in skin texture, blackheads, whiteheads, acne inflammation. Even if you are buying organic dairy products, it does not make a difference. I have a lot of research and scientific studies that prove this type of stuff.
Message me if you really want help. I am on accutane, day 35. My skin has already had major improvements!

#23 Oracle Crow

Oracle Crow

Acne Battler

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:I have recently become intrigued with the biochemiy behind ance, and I wish to understand it.

Achievements

Posted 17 July 2012 - 07:57 PM

@Murph89 Well I think it did me a lot of good. Techinally it was only 6 months because I went three weeks without taking it, right in the middle of my course. I did that because my insurance didn't pay the $700 for the medication. So I had to order it from a company in Canada and it took three weeks to ship from Europe. It only cost $250 per month and that saved a ton of money of what I would have payed.

@angelgarza1 I already know that diary can cause acne issues so I strive to avoid it. Although I might have some yogurt or a whey protein shake every once in a while, I don't consume dairy often. I wish you luck on your Accutane course, so if you have any questions just ask. I and the other members would be very happy to help.
Regimen
Morning
Neutrogena Oil-free Acne Wash
Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture SPF 15
Evening
Neutrogena Oil-free Acne Wash
Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion

Started Accutane on 11/4/11
Finished Accutane on 7/3/12