Photo

Best Natural Face Wash?

product natural face wash

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
19 replies to this topic

#1 Ukulala

Ukulala

Towtally Ossum

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 28 November 2011 - 10:24 AM

Hallo, friends.

My face wash is almost out, and I'm on the market for a new one. I want to use something all natural, of course - so what do you suggest? What has worked well for you?

I've been using Derma-E's Very Clear Problem Skin Cleanser ... and it's pretty good, but it's so pricey at the co-op (I bought it for waaay cheaper elsewhere in the country!) that I thought I'd ask around.

What do you suggest? Do you have any brand loyalty? Any you definitely say DON'T give a try?

Thanks! Much obliged!
"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

#2 FaceValues

FaceValues

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 16
About Me

Achievements

Posted 28 November 2011 - 11:38 AM

I usually just use water in the shower, then pat a toner by the company Carol's Daughter on my face. I got it off ebay for $7 and don't think they make it anymore but it has all herbal/flower stuff in it and vodka, off all things. I like it though, smells like rosemary. Every so often I'll do an oil cleanse with jojoba or camellia oil (favor).

When I take baths I'll usually exfoliate lightly with rolled oats or epsom salt (which I favor).

Instead of looking for the right person, become the right person.

If you treat your self/symptom with a lot more compassion, you'll find your skin heals much faster when it's not constantly in store for a thrashin'. Rather than blasting the sound of what you're currently treating your face with, the case may be you just need to change the station and re-evaluate you and your skin's relationship . It's easier than you think to relate with, because much like mainstream radio emotions always make for underrated yet relevant statements.

My website is in progress and will probably benefit you in some way.

#3 LiveLaughFart

LiveLaughFart

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Achievements

Posted 28 November 2011 - 12:15 PM

same here, I just use water to wash my face. It's good to occationally exfoliate with small salt/sugar crystals and olive oil/jojoba oil/coconut oil etc. But washing with a soap/wash everyday is unnessessary.
I'm serious.

#4 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 November 2011 - 09:02 AM

Water. If you have makeup to remove, then oil cleanse.

Status: Clear after 30 years. Wow, I guess it's been 6 years, now.

[ Story: Severe Acne since I was 10. 10+ years of Dermatologists, Antibiotics, topicals and ACCUTANE did nothing. Discovered oranges triggered the worst of my cystic acne = about 70% improvement. Tried some nutrient supplements like B-complex with zinc and C, saw palmetto and a BHA like the aspirin mask = more improvement, a lot less oily. Then, Diet changes = Clear.

Regimen: Anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense, blood sugar stabilizing diet and supplements (for hormones, inflammation, aging, health). No soap or other cleanser except for hand washing! Water only or Oil cleanse. Aloe Vera mixed with niacinimide and a high linoleic acid oil for moisturizer and reduce pigmentation.

Diet effects acne in so many ways: hormone balance, inflammation, Insulin levels, digestion, allergies and intolerances, liver function, adrenal function, SHBG levels, sebum quality, cell function and turnover, nutrient deficiencies, body fat, etc. Basic advice: Eat, sleep, supplement and exercise like you are a diabetic. And eat real food!

For more information, see my Good Things for Acne thread *Moderator edit - Please refer to the board rules (see “Advertising/soliciting”, “Linking” and “Signatures”)*

When you eat stuff, Stuff Happens!

#5 Glowing Vegan

Glowing Vegan

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 7
About Me

Posted 29 November 2011 - 01:28 PM

I usually wash with black soap that I get from www.nasabb.com. I have been using this for about 4 yrs now. I try to stay away from facial washes only because they tend to have too many ingredients for my sensitive skin :)
No more acne!! The worst is over...

Prevention is the cure.

#6 chunkylard

chunkylard

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 November 2011 - 05:29 PM

Diluted Epsom salts/sea salts.
Diluted ACV
Black soap.
OCM.
Tea Tree Oil (spot treatment rather than all over face wash)
Clay masks
After suffering with acne since age 11, finally found my triggers 11 years later.
Clear for almost 1 year & in control of my acne, although due to some hyperpigmentation, I believed I was still breaking out. In fact, I thought I had just cleared up a few months ago, but after realizing my "breakouts" were simply scarring I also realized I was technically clear for much longer than I thought. Rare breakouts only whenever I get lazy with my diet.

The Cure for Acne:
-Avoid the Acne Trifecta: Soy, Gluten, and Dairy like the plague.
-Eat a Low-GI diet and avoid Sugar.
-Eat lots of protein and healthy fats (ANTIBIOTIC FREE/NO HORMONES ADDED/FREE RANGE/HUMANELY SLAUGHTERED)
-Get lots of green vegetables and sunshine.
-Supplement whenever possible. Due to how much we've ruined food in the past 60 years, the amount of nutrients found in food nowadays is lower than it was decades ago.
-Exercise, get sunshine, and avoid stressful situations.
-Don't fear food. Go out & eat. It's not good for the skin, but it's good for the soul.

#7 diareads

diareads

DiaReads

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 5
About Me

Posted 29 November 2011 - 08:53 PM

Dr. Brommers Magic Soap is very natural oils. It has lots of great reviews too and come in many diff types such as tree tea, lavender, and non scented for sensitive skin. I just switched over and it seems to be drying up the little active acne I have right now. I havent used it well enough to give it such a great review, but i thought I should mention it :)

"Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are good is like expecting the bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian." -Dennis Wholey

#8 diareads

diareads

DiaReads

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 5
About Me

Posted 29 November 2011 - 09:11 PM

oops I mean Bronners

"Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are good is like expecting the bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian." -Dennis Wholey

#9 ivyey

ivyey

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 November 2011 - 12:32 AM

Oh, man, the oil washing method is my savior. I had oily skin - nowadays I find it's actually flaky. I no longer get that midday 'sheen'. Every other night I drape a hot clothe over my face which opens the pores, apply apricot kernel oil (olive oil is an alternative), massage it into the skin with clean fingertips and in soft circular motions ( I find that during this stage a lot of dead skin and crap collected in the pores is loosened ) I then 'gently' exfoliate with the same clothe and buff away all the dead skin and crap, rinse with lukewarm water and finish off with cold water. On the nights I do not use this method I use La roche posay's toleraine 'dermo cleanser' which is completely gentle and effective for straightforward facial cleansing (the ingredients, although not natural, are not harmful in any way) . sorry this is an extensive post but this truly helped me with managing breakouts and oiliness. Also I would not suggest using simply water. I notice that each night so much dead skin and crap builds up on the skin, water cannot effectively remove it..

#10 Vinchenzo

Vinchenzo

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 30 November 2011 - 01:24 AM

I use oatmeal its soo cheap. But I have to make it into a powder with my blender cause I can't use whole/quick oats just because they fall off when I try to cleanse with them.

#11 Ukulala

Ukulala

Towtally Ossum

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 10 December 2011 - 08:44 AM

Wow! Thanks for all the helpful responses.

Dr. Brommers Magic Soap is very natural oils. It has lots of great reviews too and come in many diff types such as tree tea, lavender, and non scented for sensitive skin. I just switched over and it seems to be drying up the little active acne I have right now. I havent used it well enough to give it such a great review, but i thought I should mention it Posted Image

You know, i absolutely adore bronners, but i find it too stripping for my face. I thought -I could be wrong here - that in general, you're not supposed to use soap on your face, as it is too harsh and screws with the natural pH? Either way, using Bronner's on my face just made it feel tight, so I stopped doing that. Great company, though, and I highly suggest using them for everything else! Even washing clothes and dishes. :)

Oh, man, the oil washing method is my savior. I had oily skin - nowadays I find it's actually flaky. I no longer get that midday 'sheen'. Every other night I drape a hot clothe over my face which opens the pores, apply apricot kernel oil (olive oil is an alternative), massage it into the skin with clean fingertips and in soft circular motions ( I find that during this stage a lot of dead skin and crap collected in the pores is loosened ) I then 'gently' exfoliate with the same clothe and buff away all the dead skin and crap, rinse with lukewarm water and finish off with cold water. On the nights I do not use this method I use La roche posay's toleraine 'dermo cleanser' which is completely gentle and effective for straightforward facial cleansing (the ingredients, although not natural, are not harmful in any way) . sorry this is an extensive post but this truly helped me with managing breakouts and oiliness. Also I would not suggest using simply water. I notice that each night so much dead skin and crap builds up on the skin, water cannot effectively remove it..

No worries - not even a very extensive post, and I totally appreciate it! I've been curious about the OCM for a minute. Honestly, the biggest issue I have is that it seems rather time consuming and a bit messy. This wouldn't be as much of an issue, but I travel a *lot* in various means that are not too good for very involved regimens (like buses and rideshare and just sort of bouncing around). Maybe that's just ... the choice i have to make - but I suppose we'll see. I am considering trying the OCM though so thank you. And your version doesn't seem as intense as some of the ones I've read ! Out of curiosity, how did it do with your acne? Did it stop it?

I usually wash with black soap that I get from www.nasabb.com. I have been using this for about 4 yrs now. I try to stay away from facial washes only because they tend to have too many ingredients for my sensitive skin Posted Image

Well, you *are* a glowing vegan, so that's a pretty good advertisement for the soap you mentioned. ;)

I actually wound up buying a super expensive face wash, heh, but it is GOOD stuff. Dr. Hauschka - I love them. A lot.
And I made myself a toner/treatment of ACV/Green tea/water/a few drops of tea tree oil.

Let's see how it goes!
"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

#12 lightersUP

lightersUP

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 25 December 2011 - 10:59 AM

OCM has changed my skincare forever! I've only been on it for a few weeks but I'm ready to throw out all my cleansers and topical treatments for good, it works that well.

I use EVOO and a little bit of Tea Tree Oil to prevent acne. It's amazing! It's actually pretty easy to do too, and much less time consuming than a usual 3-4 step regimen.

All I do, morning and night, is first wash my hands with antibacterial soap, dry, then apply the oil blend to my dry face. I massage this around for about 5-10 mins then rinse off with warm water. Pat dry and that's all! It's a cleanser, acne treatment and moisturizer all in one simple step.

OCM has honestly done wonders for me so far and I can't wait to see how my skin looks in a month.

Oxy Maximum Face Wash

Dickinson's Witch Hazel

Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion SPF15

#13 AnnaMoyer

AnnaMoyer

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 December 2011 - 11:42 AM

I'm surprised no one has mentioned honey yet. I liked African Black soap and the OCM but now I just use honey, usually raw honey. It's super cheap to buy a large jar and it's multi-purpose (i love it in tea). Also, my face loves it. I smear some on and leave it as long as I can and then rinse. It's a great option for anyone. I usually follow up with a few drops of grapeseed oil mixed with a nickel sized amount of aloe gel.

And if you really want some acne-busting power, you might try manuka honey. I haven't tried it out myself, because it's expensive and I can't find it, but a lot of people really like it.
I would put a regimen in here, but truth be told, I don't even know what I'm doing anymore. I'm looking for a new regimen.

Trying a new diet: less dairy, low GI foods

#14 jennifer36

jennifer36

every moment is a gift of life

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 19
About Me

Achievements

Posted 25 December 2011 - 12:35 PM

I'm surprised no one has mentioned honey yet. I liked African Black soap and the OCM but now I just use honey, usually raw honey. It's super cheap to buy a large jar and it's multi-purpose (i love it in tea). Also, my face loves it. I smear some on and leave it as long as I can and then rinse. It's a great option for anyone. I usually follow up with a few drops of grapeseed oil mixed with a nickel sized amount of aloe gel.

And if you really want some acne-busting power, you might try manuka honey. I haven't tried it out myself, because it's expensive and I can't find it, but a lot of people really like it.

I just recently started using raw organic honey (about 3 days ago) and I absolutely adore it already. My face loves is. I follow up with chamomile lavender tea as a toner, and tea tree and e oil at night (the smell is overpowering at work). I want to get some manuka honey when my bottle runs out, but I'll see how my skin looks by then! If it's a lot more clear I'll just stick to what I have. My skin loves washing with honey, I thought it would make my skin feels gross or be sticky/difficult but I really love it so far.
my regimen:

am
wash face+chest+back with UMF 16+ manuka honey
tone with chamomile lavender tea

pm
home made grey kaolin clay, manuka honey & tea tree oil mask for 30+ minutes
spot treat with 50/50 jojoba and tea tree oil

avoiding dairy, soy, high sodium, refined sugars, processed foods since September 2011. more recently peanuts, gluten and citrus as well.

I am 90-95% clear, and still improving.

#15 pinkslorg

pinkslorg

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 December 2011 - 04:06 PM

I don't wear makeup anymore, so water is good enough

i don't like the oil cleansing method because it broke me out, made my face very shiny, and i got milia under my eyes.

#16 Kittyx3

Kittyx3

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 25 December 2011 - 04:10 PM

http://www.alvanatur...3640067506.html

^

I've been using that for a week or so now, it's nice, feel like a quick face mask everyday.
Leaves my skin soft and feels refreshed.
I have senstive skin with eczema and it dosen't cause it to flair up nor break me out, I was fed up of sticking so many chemicals on my face but had horrible results with just water. So long story short I decided to try this instead as a more natural, nicer for my skin face wash :3

Edited by Kittyx3, 25 December 2011 - 04:11 PM.

"Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness."

#17 peterperk

peterperk

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 December 2011 - 12:17 AM

I have been using Kimberly Sayer. This is an unique and holistic face and body scrub, this scrub includes all the natural ingredients in it , it also sweeps all the dead skin cells for clean, fresh skin.

Hope this can get you out of your problem.

#18 spectacled_owl

spectacled_owl

With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 December 2011 - 07:29 PM

Yeah I went through a honey phase, I don't know why I stopped. It works really well and is surprisingly easy to wash with... it's not all sticky and weird. Well raw honey anyway, I never tried it with pasteurized stuff.
Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. - Carl Sagan, Pale Blue Dot

* Changing my diet and lifestyle is the best thing I've ever done.. for my skin and myself * Real food pwnd my acne.

#19 californiaEstie

californiaEstie

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 27 December 2011 - 07:31 PM

Image Skincare Ormedic balancing cleanser. :)

#20 Guest_GoHorns_*

Guest_GoHorns_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 27 December 2011 - 08:03 PM

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_7/182-2418660-0794823?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=manuka+honey&sprefix=manuka+