Calming Hormones And The Reproductive System With Prolactin (Clearing Acne)

prolactin hormones fenugreek acne zinc

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_mariacne_*

Guest_mariacne_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 27 November 2011 - 07:25 AM

Hello

I'm going to calm my reproductive system down (hormones) by raising my Prolactin levels

Apparently the herb Fenugreek increases Prolactin in the body

And hopefully, with all that calmed down, my acne will clear

Prolactin suppresses FSH and LH

Prolactin increases when you are stressed, excited and after sex

So if you've ever noticed your skin being better after these events - this could be something for you to try!

My hormonal tests have come back normal, and no hormone balancing thing I try works

Anything I take like b6, or Zinc or Vitex that lowers prolactin makes me worse

I think I must be intolerant/sensitive to my own hormones or something

Will report back if it cures me xx

#2 abduffin

abduffin

3 year Rigimen user

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 November 2011 - 01:13 PM

I suffer from extreme hormone related acne--- funny thing is, I have the same problem, all of my tests are coming back normal. Trick of the matter is that they technically can never really test your "proper" levels of hormones, there are simply too many and they are dependent on huge amounts of factors. They can only really monitor things like your thyroid and reproductive system to ensure they are functioning properly.

I have had mild acne my entire life, and I thought that was bad until I became pregnant. Every pore on my face and shoulders, even my neck and behind my EARS blew up. Then, I miscarried less than twelve weeks later and the cycle has not balanced itself out in almost 9 months. I found out that I actually have a disorder where I can not be exposed to any synthetic hormones (birth control_), and pregnancy actually puts me near a stroke. So, I can't even take hormones to try and help this problem.

I have begged my Dr for a derm. consult, but I have never recieved a call back for a consultation with the derm. I'm stuck to my own devices. I actually spoke to Dan from this site over the phone because I had a negative reaction to BP, but he talked me through it and after some different attempts, I am now on my way to better skin with his regimen. Thing is, his products help to slow down the rate of acne and the size, but my hormones are still reacting.

If you can find any way to help this, I think I might have to track you down and pay cash for the advice. I KNOW there is a natural, effective method out there for women to balance themselves out (beyond sleep, diet and exercise stress reduction etc). Thanks for sharing. GOOD LUCK!

#3 FSAS

FSAS

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 November 2011 - 04:08 PM

I suffer from extreme hormone related acne--- funny thing is, I have the same problem, all of my tests are coming back normal. Trick of the matter is that they technically can never really test your "proper" levels of hormones, there are simply too many and they are dependent on huge amounts of factors. They can only really monitor things like your thyroid and reproductive system to ensure they are functioning properly.

I have had mild acne my entire life, and I thought that was bad until I became pregnant. Every pore on my face and shoulders, even my neck and behind my EARS blew up. Then, I miscarried less than twelve weeks later and the cycle has not balanced itself out in almost 9 months. I found out that I actually have a disorder where I can not be exposed to any synthetic hormones (birth control_), and pregnancy actually puts me near a stroke. So, I can't even take hormones to try and help this problem.

I have begged my Dr for a derm. consult, but I have never recieved a call back for a consultation with the derm. I'm stuck to my own devices. I actually spoke to Dan from this site over the phone because I had a negative reaction to BP, but he talked me through it and after some different attempts, I am now on my way to better skin with his regimen. Thing is, his products help to slow down the rate of acne and the size, but my hormones are still reacting.

If you can find any way to help this, I think I might have to track you down and pay cash for the advice. I KNOW there is a natural, effective method out there for women to balance themselves out (beyond sleep, diet and exercise stress reduction etc). Thanks for sharing. GOOD LUCK!

what is your disorder?

#4 abduffin

abduffin

3 year Rigimen user

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 November 2011 - 04:23 PM

They are not sure. I have been through a number of blood tests, but they think it might be hypercoagulative disorder. There are several different types of this, however, and difficult to track.

as an example, it took less than three days on progesterone only low dose b.c. for both of my feet to swell so badly I could not walk. I'm in my twenties, extremely fit (military veteran), and have a healthy lifestyle. If you have any advice it is appreciated. I rely on the Veteran's Affairs healthcare system, and have yet to see an OB GYN even since I was pregnant due to a backup in the system. All primary care-- thus, I love others' input.

#5 Chestercool

Chestercool

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 November 2011 - 11:08 PM

the best way to balance your hormones is zinc and a healthy diet
My log might be helpful for you,check it out!! Posted Imagehttp://www.acne.org/...stic-pics-incl/

-I controlled my acne after cutting off whey protein, after 4 months it came back.
-Then i tried an strict paleo diet, it worked. But the ocassional few pimples didnt let my PIH fade
-I wasnt happy with my routine, coudnt drink with my friends, eat different food and the worst: i was loosing confidence
-When my PIH was fading, i broke out, because i tried vitamin C to end with the ocassional pimples, which might cause stomach irritation=break out
- I wasnt happy because of my diet, just broke out, and i started accutane asap.

- Currently, im taking accutane even thought my acne is mild, but with persistant PIH, just few weeks left, no more pimples anymore.

"If i had a wish, i woudnt ask for flawless skin, I'd ask for the maxium of confidence"
Poeple think they are going to be happy and confident if they get rid of their acne...well..they are totally wrong

#6 Guest_mariacne_*

Guest_mariacne_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 28 November 2011 - 09:05 AM

Hi, just because this works for you does not mean it works for everyone else. I've tried Zinc four times and it makes me worse - though I'm glad it works for you.

Hello! Thanks for replying, someone who is understanding me at last! At one point I actually thought maybe I was suffering an autoimmune like disorder whereby my body was reacting to my own hormones. But whenever I've taken something that is immune boosting I've not noticed any worsening of my symptoms. So my body must just be sensitive - I trust my blood tests because I've taken the BCP and not had any improvement, tried anti-androgens and no improvement. Tried every herb for hormonal balance there is and basically nothing! My hormones are in balance, and by right I shouldn't have any health issues but... I've suffered for ten years, with symptoms (like acne) getting worse every year.

Anything that is good for reproductive health (like zinc) etc just makes me worse, eating healthy makes me worse! I've realised until hormones are removed from my body I will never be at piece, but the Dr's won't let me have my ovaries out they say I must wait until menopause - I physically can't, one because of my skin but also all the other hormonal symptoms I have. They say there is clearly a problem but nothing they can do about it.

Until I read that Prolactin suppresses the reproductive system! So if the Fenugreek can do that - I will be cured! I went through puberty very young and I think it just messed up my entire system, so even if I could just give my body a break for just a year, maybe after a year I can come off the herb and live a normal life. Been taking the herb nearly three days now, skin is clearing, other hormonal symptoms lessening - I have to be cured for Christmas/New Year - I cannot waste anymore time.

#7 Chestercool

Chestercool

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 November 2011 - 09:15 AM

Hi, just because this works for you does not mean it works for everyone else. I've tried Zinc four times and it makes me worse - though I'm glad it works for you.

Hello! Thanks for replying, someone who is understanding me at last! At one point I actually thought maybe I was suffering an autoimmune like disorder whereby my body was reacting to my own hormones. But whenever I've taken something that is immune boosting I've not noticed any worsening of my symptoms. So my body must just be sensitive - I trust my blood tests because I've taken the BCP and not had any improvement, tried anti-androgens and no improvement. Tried every herb for hormonal balance there is and basically nothing! My hormones are in balance, and by right I shouldn't have any health issues but... I've suffered for ten years, with symptoms (like acne) getting worse every year.

Anything that is good for reproductive health (like zinc) etc just makes me worse, eating healthy makes me worse! I've realised until hormones are removed from my body I will never be at piece, but the Dr's won't let me have my ovaries out they say I must wait until menopause - I physically can't, one because of my skin but also all the other hormonal symptoms I have. They say there is clearly a problem but nothing they can do about it.

Until I read that Prolactin suppresses the reproductive system! So if the Fenugreek can do that - I will be cured! I went through puberty very young and I think it just messed up my entire system, so even if I could just give my body a break for just a year, maybe after a year I can come off the herb and live a normal life. Been taking the herb nearly three days now, skin is clearing, other hormonal symptoms lessening - I have to be cured for Christmas/New Year - I cannot waste anymore time.

What about healthy diet? have you tried dairy, gluten, sweety, salty free? It works for everybody, im dont want to be rude or something but this is the real cure of acne, the others are not...there are many authors who explain this process, acne is an inflammatory disease, give it a try, and if you had already tried it you had to do something wrong
My log might be helpful for you,check it out!! Posted Imagehttp://www.acne.org/...stic-pics-incl/

-I controlled my acne after cutting off whey protein, after 4 months it came back.
-Then i tried an strict paleo diet, it worked. But the ocassional few pimples didnt let my PIH fade
-I wasnt happy with my routine, coudnt drink with my friends, eat different food and the worst: i was loosing confidence
-When my PIH was fading, i broke out, because i tried vitamin C to end with the ocassional pimples, which might cause stomach irritation=break out
- I wasnt happy because of my diet, just broke out, and i started accutane asap.

- Currently, im taking accutane even thought my acne is mild, but with persistant PIH, just few weeks left, no more pimples anymore.

"If i had a wish, i woudnt ask for flawless skin, I'd ask for the maxium of confidence"
Poeple think they are going to be happy and confident if they get rid of their acne...well..they are totally wrong

#8 Guest_mariacne_*

Guest_mariacne_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 28 November 2011 - 09:21 AM

Thanks for the advice! I know, I've read about what you're suggesting and tried it - unfortunately none of it worked for me! The inflammation I'm getting is being caused by the presence of hormones in my body, I even managed to hold off some of the inflammation with omega 3's and ginger for a while but, the hormones are too strong. This time last year I tried the whole food intolerance diet, I also tried a low GI diet - but nothing! Mine is a very rare case, I have tried everything, literally everything - and normally more than once!

#9 abduffin

abduffin

3 year Rigimen user

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 November 2011 - 02:26 PM

What about healthy diet? have you tried dairy, gluten, sweety, salty free? It works for everybody, im dont want to be rude or something but this is the real cure of acne, the others are not...there are many authors who explain this process, acne is an inflammatory disease, give it a try, and if you had already tried it you had to do something wrong

I have been on a primarily raw diet over the past year, eating lean and organic protein otherwise. Majority of my fats come from things like Avocados, cheeses, anything with cultures, etc. I eat like a horse and have a high metabolism, but otherwise I do eat very healthy-- mostly because I thought it would help my acne lol, what a motivator it can be.

Mariacne, please keep us updated frequently on the herb results. I know the first few days of a new "factor" can seem promising, but I remember the swing effect for the majority of things I have tried. This sounds promising, though. I can't believe you were on the anti androgens and they didnt help-- ive been trying to get on those for a while now! The information you're providing is helpful.

ps, sorry im blowing up this forum thread lol, but I tried Zinc a few months ago as well (after reading about it on here). I can't prove that it was only from the Zinc but while taking it I felt much more stressed out/ anxious than usual, since it is supposed to have an affect on hormone release and balance, it seems plausible they are related, partucarly since the feelings stopped about a day after I had flushed it out of my system.

#10 Guest_mariacne_*

Guest_mariacne_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 29 November 2011 - 02:41 AM

I have been on a primarily raw diet over the past year, eating lean and organic protein otherwise. Majority of my fats come from things like Avocados, cheeses, anything with cultures, etc. I eat like a horse and have a high metabolism, but otherwise I do eat very healthy-- mostly because I thought it would help my acne lol, what a motivator it can be.

Mariacne, please keep us updated frequently on the herb results. I know the first few days of a new "factor" can seem promising, but I remember the swing effect for the majority of things I have tried. This sounds promising, though. I can't believe you were on the anti androgens and they didnt help-- ive been trying to get on those for a while now! The information you're providing is helpful.

ps, sorry im blowing up this forum thread lol, but I tried Zinc a few months ago as well (after reading about it on here). I can't prove that it was only from the Zinc but while taking it I felt much more stressed out/ anxious than usual, since it is supposed to have an affect on hormone release and balance, it seems plausible they are related, partucarly since the feelings stopped about a day after I had flushed it out of my system.

I will keep you updated! I have tried herbs before that have started out promising but then been overridden so I understand what you mean! Just some advice on the protein diet, I found that made me so much worse! I don't know if it was the animal hormones, or the high zinc content in protein foods or just the fact that healthy diet supports the release of more hormones but wow I felt so unwell doing that. I too have a high metabolism and I mainly eat a vegetarian type diet now with vegetables and grains, I feel much better - ( I do have protein tho, don't get me wrong, but cutting out carbs and just eating protein made me so much worse)

#11 Guest_mariacne_*

Guest_mariacne_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 02 December 2011 - 02:44 AM

Well the Fenugreek hasn't worked, - my skin was clearer but my other symptoms worsened. I can only at this point, assume I'm intolerant to my own hormones, I can't suppress them, I can only control the inflammation. I've tried diets, and omega 3 before and it helped a bit, but I'm going to try Turmeric and Black Pepper - it's used to treat all types of autoimmune disorders, so hopefully my acne and other symptoms I have (my body is in a lot of pain all the time) will clear.

#12 righthandman

righthandman

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:02 PM

actually i think lowering prolactin might prevent acne. check out my thread on why this is:
http://www.acne.org/...may-cause-acne/
it think you will find this very helpful. I'm not trying to spam i just think this is a new approach to acne that people should look into. I hope you guys find it helpful.