Photo

Candida A Hoax?

candida acne food intolerance blood test allergy gluten probiotic

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
30 replies to this topic

#1 Balance Bird

Balance Bird

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 November 2011 - 02:48 PM

I feel helpless. I am 18 and have had acne since I was 11. I'm the only one in my family with this ever. I am from the carribean. I don't think people should have to starve themselves to get rid of candida.

It's really like you can't eat anything for over a year. I like fruit, and rice. I am getting a blood intolerance test soon. I believe that people with different heritages just can't stomach some things.

Gluten, dairy, oranges, soy for example. Those are now found in so many products in America. In the carribean their food is so healthy, but even there it's getting corrupted with hormones and saturated fats.

Eliminating intolerance, eating fiber rich foods to feed good bacteria, and probiotics. I think that candida will naturally eliminate itself.

Our meat is so corrupt. Imagine having a gluten intolerance, does that mean grain fed cattle will have traces of gluten?

I feel like I am starving. I am becoming so skinny because I am afraid to it.

#2 myheartsholistic

myheartsholistic

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 November 2011 - 03:11 PM

I feel helpless. I am 18 and have had acne since I was 11. I'm the only one in my family with this ever. I am from the carribean. I don't think people should have to starve themselves to get rid of candida.

It's really like you can't eat anything for over a year. I like fruit, and rice. I am getting a blood intolerance test soon. I believe that people with different heritages just can't stomach some things.

Gluten, dairy, oranges, soy for example. Those are now found in so many products in America. In the carribean their food is so healthy, but even there it's getting corrupted with hormones and saturated fats.

Eliminating intolerance, eating fiber rich foods to feed good bacteria, and probiotics. I think that candida will naturally eliminate itself.

Our meat is so corrupt. Imagine having a gluten intolerance, does that mean grain fed cattle will have traces of gluten?

You obviously have a gut imbalance. Candida is not a hoax it exists in everyones digestive tract. In a healthy person this yeast is held back by good bacteria. If you have an overgrowth of bad bacteria (which can happen to anyone, and is quite frequent) you will have signs of imbalance show up in ways of any of the following.....acne, fatigue, bowel problems such as constipation or in some diarrhea, mood issues, depression, anxiety etc. Candida is not the "Bad Guy" that you need to irradiate as it will always exist in your system (which is why DR's do not get accurate readings for those with candida overgrowth). The key is not to focus on one specific bad guy living in your gut but focus on healing your gut and restoring the balance in your digestive tract. I wouldn't recommend a Candida diet (BTW those who have bad bacteria often crave the very things that feed the pathogens). I would recommend removing ALL GRAINS (corn, rice, wheat, rye, spelt etc). Focus on lots of chicken, goat, beef, fish etc. I have been to many islands in the carribean and I have noticed they cook quite a bit with goat etc, this would be a good choice, as you can focus on the meats and veggies that are cooked gently until soft to be more easily digestible. Look up youtube videos on how to make your own raw sauerkraut. Make sure you are having at least 1-2 bowel movements a day as this is important for detoxification. I would suggest start by removing fruits and all dairy from your diet temporarily (you probably don't do much dairy anyway). Avoid sugars (agave, sugar, brown sugar, fake sugars etc). Eat lots of stews and soup broths (these heal the digestive tract). You want to focus on easy to digest foods. There are lots of good things you can make with almond flour and coconut flour.

#3 Balance Bird

Balance Bird

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 November 2011 - 03:19 PM

You obviously have a gut imbalance. Candida is not a hoax it exists in everyones digestive tract. In a healthy person this yeast is held back by good bacteria. If you have an overgrowth of bad bacteria (which can happen to anyone, and is quite frequent) you will have signs of imbalance show up in ways of any of the following.....acne, fatigue, bowel problems such as constipation or in some diarrhea, mood issues, depression, anxiety etc. Candida is not the "Bad Guy" that you need to irradiate as it will always exist in your system (which is why DR's do not get accurate readings for those with candida overgrowth). The key is not to focus on one specific bad guy living in your gut but focus on healing your gut and restoring the balance in your digestive tract. I wouldn't recommend a Candida diet (BTW those who have bad bacteria often crave the very things that feed the pathogens). I would recommend removing ALL GRAINS (corn, rice, wheat, rye, spelt etc). Focus on lots of chicken, goat, beef, fish etc. I have been to many islands in the carribean and I have noticed they cook quite a bit with goat etc, this would be a good choice, as you can focus on the meats and veggies that are cooked gently until soft to be more easily digestible. Look up youtube videos on how to make your own raw sauerkraut. Make sure you are having at least 1-2 bowel movements a day as this is important for detoxification. I would suggest start by removing fruits and all dairy from your diet temporarily (you probably don't do much dairy anyway). Avoid sugars (agave, sugar, brown sugar, fake sugars etc). Eat lots of stews and soup broths (these heal the digestive tract). You want to focus on easy to digest foods. There are lots of good things you can make with almond flour and coconut flour.

Thank you so much!! I have been taking a good probiotic for a few months, and I do think it helps, but I still have acne. I totally splurged and was eating whatever I want, pastries, juices, ORANGE JUICE! I don't know where to find meat. It's all infected with hormones.

My parents hate me because of my skin. They think I am crazy. I am in this on my own. I need this gone before college. I have been dairy free and gluten free for a little while now. I can't wait for my allergy test.

I justtt don't know what to eat and where to find food!

#4 moonbase

moonbase

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 November 2011 - 03:23 PM

Candida is a hoax by and large. The symptoms are real. It all comes down to microbial imbalance and a damaged gut.

Internet wisdom:

Oh I have rosacea.. must be candida

I am tired all the time... must be candida

I have trouble getting up in the morning.. must be candida

I'm overweight... must be candida

I have diarhea... oh that must be candida

I am constipated.. oh that's surely candida

My joints hurt and I have arthritis... oh must be candida

I smell bullshit... it is candida.

Edited by moonbase, 26 November 2011 - 03:31 PM.

#5 Balance Bird

Balance Bird

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 November 2011 - 03:37 PM

Candida is a hoax by and large. The symptoms are real. It all comes down to microbial imbalance and a damaged gut.

Internet wisdom:

Oh I have rosacea.. must be candida

I am tired all the time... must be candida

I have trouble getting up in the morning.. must be candida

I'm overweight... must be candida

I have diarhea... oh that must be candida

I am constipated.. oh that's surely candida

My joints hurt and I have arthritis... oh must be candida

I smell bullshit... it is candida.

I like the way you think mate! What do you propose we do? Do you think eliminating food intolerance, would lead to "candida" naturally reducing. I mean obviously we should eat better. How do we make salad taste yummy with an acceptable dairy free gluten free dressing?

I just want to be lovely again, don't you?

#6 moonbase

moonbase

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 November 2011 - 03:39 PM

I'd say putting some chicken on there.. and some olive oil based home made mayonnaise would be a good start Posted Image Few slices of avocado and maybe some fruit wouldnt hurt either.

Edited by moonbase, 26 November 2011 - 03:39 PM.

#7 Balance Bird

Balance Bird

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 November 2011 - 03:43 PM

I'd say putting some chicken on there.. and some olive oil based home made mayonnaise would be a good start Posted Image Few slices of avocado and maybe some fruit wouldnt hurt either.

Olive oil, coconut milk, strawberries, tuna. I dunno if I will eat meat, Unless I find some lamb, which will obviously not be hormone infected.

I am so for organ meats, but those too are infected with hormones right? Sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I will eat rice, beans, and you know what! Potatoes!

#8 moonbase

moonbase

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 November 2011 - 03:46 PM

http://eatwild.com find a farm near by that sells quality meat.

#9 captainsunshine

captainsunshine

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 November 2011 - 03:48 PM

I don't know what to think about Candida. What I do know however, is that it is probably good to live as though it exists.

This time last year, I couldn't walk through fragrance departments, the smell of perfume would just hit me, I mean knock me sideways. My nostrils would literally burn and eyes would start watering, if I had to walk through these departments it was quickly and holding my breath.

These days, after taking anti-yeast pills, and the paleo diet, I can walk around smelling various perfume's without any problem whatsoever.

#10 Balance Bird

Balance Bird

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 November 2011 - 03:55 PM

I don't know what to think about Candida. What I do know however, is that it is probably good to live as though it exists.

This time last year, I couldn't walk through fragrance departments, the smell of perfume would just hit me, I mean knock me sideways. My nostrils would literally burn and eyes would start watering, if I had to walk through these departments it was quickly and holding my breath.

These days, after taking anti-yeast pills, and the paleo diet, I can walk around smelling various perfume's without any problem whatsoever.

Want to join me in not starving and having lovely skin again? I notice my body Oder is really song sometimes, toxic smelling. You should get an intolerance test done.

Fruits with skin are good because they have fiber! Wee need to poo! We need fiber! We don't need pastries!

#11 chunkylard

chunkylard

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 November 2011 - 03:58 PM

I don't believe Candida is a hoax in the least, because there's a plethora of evidence to show that it's a problem in MANY more people than one would think.
However, it's not as common of a problem as people on this board think it is and your body has to be in pretty bad shape before candida even enters the picture, and even then there's still probably more "direct" factors that impact skin health like blood sugar spikes or food intolerances and foods which damage the gut.

#12 captainsunshine

captainsunshine

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 November 2011 - 04:07 PM

Want to join me in not starving and having lovely skin again? I notice my body Oder is really song sometimes, toxic smelling. You should get an intolerance test done.

Fruits with skin are good because they have fiber! Wee need to poo! We need fiber! We don't need pastries!

I've got lovely skin again thanks, and had an intolerance test performed two years ago, and no piece of fruit ever passes my lips.

#13 myheartsholistic

myheartsholistic

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 November 2011 - 08:43 PM

I agree with you, I too could not handle any perfume whatsoever. Candida most definitely exists. Anyone who says it is a hoax is uneducated in what microbes/yeasts actually live in the gut. Where there is GUT IMBALANCE there will also be parasites/CANDIDA/Bacterias such as clostridium taking over. Candida will never be the SOLE problem but yes, it is a contributing factor to the ultimate picture of inflammation and overall gut dysbiosis.

Moonbase are you denying women can get yeast infections? This would be from candida albicans overgrowth. Thrush is from Candida Albicans overgrowth. Fungal infections are from Candida infections. Years back DR's used to prescribe Nystatin alongside antibiotics to inhibit candida overgrowth during antibiotic use (as antibiotics kill of your beneficial bacteria). At some point this practice stopped and now we have disease/illness/auto immune issues of epic proportions. It is naive to say Candida is a hoax. It does exist and does create severe damage such as inflammation, the key is it is never alone. Where there is candida there will also be other bad bacteria and parasites, creating an overall inflamed digestive tract and imbalanced gut.

Edited by myheartsholistic, 26 November 2011 - 08:44 PM.

#14 moonbase

moonbase

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 November 2011 - 08:59 PM

No i'm denying the fact that yeast becomes a uncontrollable rouge yeast that takes over and must be starved in order to get rid of it.. like it's some pathogenic organism inside of us. Anyone who believes in candida (in the traditional internet lore sense) is the uneducated ones. You clearly have no grasp as to how the gut imbalance occurs, and how the damage is done.

You dont have to do anything but balance your body and repair your gut, everything comes down to gut environment. You can do it with a high carbohydrate diet.. which pretty much slaps every candida rule right across the mouth. I feel bad that you got sucked into the BS that is candida. It's a homeopaths wet dream..

Edited by moonbase, 26 November 2011 - 09:08 PM.

#15 tk112233

tk112233

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 November 2011 - 09:33 PM

a couple months ago i went to the gynecologist cause i thought i had candida/yeast problems..like an over growth or something. the doctor checked me out and took a sample to see if i had an infection or bacteria, but everything turned out fine. soo whatever..im gonna be trying out a new diet soon anyways

#16 myheartsholistic

myheartsholistic

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 November 2011 - 09:36 PM

No i'm denying the fact that yeast becomes a uncontrollable rouge yeast that takes over and must be starved in order to get rid of it.. like it's some pathogenic organism inside of us. Anyone who believes in candida (in the traditional internet lore sense) is the uneducated ones. You clearly have no grasp as to how the gut imbalance occurs, and how the damage is done.

You dont have to do anything but balance your body and repair your gut, everything comes down to gut environment. You can do it with a high carbohydrate diet.. which pretty much slaps every candida rule right across the mouth. I feel bad that you got sucked into the BS that is candida. It's a homeopaths wet dream..

Candida CAN BE a pathogenic organism inside of us. LOL. No medical DR would deny that, let alone an educated naturopath or homeopath. I am pretty sure I have a pretty good grasp on how gut imbalances occur, I have been studying holistic health and natural medicine for over 7 years now. To heal your gut and balance your body a specific carbohydrate diet is needed. Yes! There can be high carbs, carrots and other such veggies, but not grains and wheats that feed a bad gut environment. I have never seen anyone follow a high grain diet and restore microbial balance in the gut. High carb veggies sure. I am amazed that you would take such a stance when no DR in his right mind would deny the existence of candida albicans as a pathogenic organism.

Here is a link to some info from a Med School at University of South Carolinas School of Medicine. They do not deny the existence in Candida Albicans. Here is the beginning quote............."Yeasts are single-celled budding organisms (figure 1). They do not produce mycelia. The colonies are usually visible on the plates in 24 to 48 hours. Their soft, moist colonies resemble bacterial cultures rather than molds. There are many species of yeasts that can be pathogenic for humans. We shall discuss only the two most significant species:
  • Candida albicans
  • Cryptococcus neoformans
http://pathmicro.med.../mycology-3.htm

Now with that said, I agree with you that someone should not focus solely on "candida" as I said before there will also be other bacteria/parasites etc involved and we both agree that restoring the gut environment in general will restore health. So I do not think we should focus solely on candida. I would suggest reading the book "Gut and Psychology Syndrome" as DR Natasha Mcbride goes into detail which microbes are in the gut and what exactly they do to create illness. She discusses Candida Albicans Specifically quite a bit as well as other microbes/bacteria/parasites. She is a Neurologist and has studied with scientists on gut issues for years. I studied on gut issues in general for years and her book is scientifically backed, it is one of the best books I have come across.
"

Edited by myheartsholistic, 26 November 2011 - 09:36 PM.

#17 moonbase

moonbase

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 November 2011 - 09:50 PM

I ate a high starch diet - I consumed about 500grams of fruit and starch (mostly from sweet potatoes, yucca, and taro). If you have aids or going through chemo it becomes pathogenic perhaps. but when it boils down to it candida is not the issue, gut environment is. I'm the one who brought GAPS to light here.

So have you fixed your gut? Can you eat any food and experience no symptoms? Judging by your posts I still think you're in recovery...

PS. Candida is a hoax!!! Sells lots of probiotics and anti candida therapies though..

Edited by moonbase, 26 November 2011 - 09:53 PM.

#18 Elvin83

Elvin83

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 November 2011 - 12:33 AM

I ate a high starch diet - I consumed about 500grams of fruit and starch (mostly from sweet potatoes, yucca, and taro).

10 kiwis or apples are like 500 grams. 20-30 pieces of fruit a day, would be more like 1000-1500 grams a day. Or am I mistaken?

Elvin

#19 moonbase

moonbase

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 November 2011 - 12:42 AM

I ate a high starch diet - I consumed about 500grams of fruit and starch (mostly from sweet potatoes, yucca, and taro).

10 kiwis or apples are like 500 grams. 20-30 pieces of fruit a day, would be more like 1000-1500 grams a day. Or am I mistaken?

Elvin

grams of carbs.

#20 Elvin83

Elvin83

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 November 2011 - 01:30 AM

Elvin

grams of carbs.

Oh, of course, that makes more sense.

Elvin