Photo

Starting Subcision And Fillers- Log

scar treatment subcision

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
85 replies to this topic

#41 DainBramaged

DainBramaged

a

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 December 2011 - 09:17 AM

It can if the scars are the right type.

which is?

Saucer scars that aren't bound down. Basically the same scars that they do subcision on.

So bound down scars are not suitable for fillers or subcision or something? Posted Image

#42 naturalgirl81

naturalgirl81

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 December 2011 - 11:03 AM

hi Guys, it is now day 4 and most of the swelling it gone. There is slight yellowish (and I mean slight) bruising over some of the deeper scars. I can notice microswelling in these areas as well. Overall, there is still a lot of great improvement.

Once thing I would like to add about this thread: Please do NOT post negative comments, such as that after "massive" swelling my scars will return to what they were before the procedure, or any improvement is just swelling, or that subcision made your scars worse. Please understand that we ALL HAVE different types of skin and scars. I am not Caucasian, my skin creates thick keloids, and this will impact the results of my procedure. If you have a negative experience or if all of your scars "came back" after a procedure, please feel free to create your OWN thread, but do not post those comments here. There is no reason to create negative energy for those of us who are paying good money and investing our time and energy into improving our skin. Obviously it has only been 4 days and NOBODY knows what the results of this procedure will be. I created this thread to document MY experience. If I continue to get negative-wishers, I will stop posting and then you will all wonder why "nobody talks about their results". Maybe this is why.

To all of you who have been supportive and informative, I greatly appreciate it!

which is?

Saucer scars that aren't bound down. Basically the same scars that they do subcision on.

So bound down scars are not suitable for fillers or subcision or something? Posted Image

DAIN, I urge you to speak with a dermatologist in acne scarring. The people on this forum are not doctors and they have not seen your skin. From what I have learned, fillers and subcision can improve scars that are bound down. Good luck!

#43 DainBramaged

DainBramaged

a

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 December 2011 - 12:02 PM

hi Guys, it is now day 4 and most of the swelling it gone. There is slight yellowish (and I mean slight) bruising over some of the deeper scars. I can notice microswelling in these areas as well. Overall, there is still a lot of great improvement.

Once thing I would like to add about this thread: Please do NOT post negative comments, such as that after "massive" swelling my scars will return to what they were before the procedure, or any improvement is just swelling, or that subcision made your scars worse. Please understand that we ALL HAVE different types of skin and scars. I am not Caucasian, my skin creates thick keloids, and this will impact the results of my procedure. If you have a negative experience or if all of your scars "came back" after a procedure, please feel free to create your OWN thread, but do not post those comments here. There is no reason to create negative energy for those of us who are paying good money and investing our time and energy into improving our skin. Obviously it has only been 4 days and NOBODY knows what the results of this procedure will be. I created this thread to document MY experience. If I continue to get negative-wishers, I will stop posting and then you will all wonder why "nobody talks about their results". Maybe this is why.

To all of you who have been supportive and informative, I greatly appreciate it!

which is?

DAIN, I urge you to speak with a dermatologist in acne scarring. The people on this forum are not doctors and they have not seen your skin. From what I have learned, fillers and subcision can improve scars that are bound down. Good luck!

I have already asked dermatologists and plastic surgeons, been operated by 3 different ones and yet no much result :/

I'm now waiting for an appointment with a famous plastic surgeon, hoping he can fill my scars, or at least one of them. fml

Edited by DainBramaged, 19 December 2011 - 12:04 PM.

#44 Frax1

Frax1

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 December 2011 - 03:59 PM

Naturalgirl, I am sure you will see great results from the subcision. Dr. R. is a very experienced and good doctor.
When he mentioned LaViv, did he tell you when he will be able to offer LaViv?

#45 naturalgirl81

naturalgirl81

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 December 2011 - 07:02 PM

Frax he said one month! He also said his partner who works at the office developedit so even better!

#46 Pord

Pord

Order and Progress

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 December 2011 - 08:21 AM

Frax he said one month! He also said his partner who works at the office developedit so even better!

What is the cost expected to be?

#47 naturalgirl81

naturalgirl81

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 December 2011 - 08:42 AM

He did not tell me the cost of the treatment nor did I ask. As they "grow" your stem cells first I am sure it is an expensive treatment.

BTW guys, stem cell treatments are already available. Rapapport was just talking about his partner's treatment Leviv which is awaiting fda approval. You can probably price out the other treatments already available to get an idea of what leviv will cost.

#48 Frax1

Frax1

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 December 2011 - 12:56 PM

What is the cost expected to be?

According to a presentation I found from Fibrocell $2,000 for the whole treatment.

Bound down scars are a good candidate for subcision and filler (later when they have been subcised and are no longer bound down).

#49 LoveGreenSmoothies

LoveGreenSmoothies

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 20 December 2011 - 07:39 PM

which is?

No -- bound down scars should be subcised first or undermined and then they are good for fillers. If they are bound down and then you get fillers you run the risk of the 'donut effect.'

Bound down scars are PERFECT for subcision. That's what subcision essentially does, it breaks the tethers of the scar that are binding it down raising the scar up to the skin level.

Non bound down scars that are saucers are good for fillers w/o subcision, but undermining before the procedure is a good idea anyway.

#50 naturalgirl81

naturalgirl81

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 December 2011 - 01:37 PM

DAY 6 UPDATE- Woke up this morning with some serious puffage. I look at my subcision in terms of puffage (the scars have puffed up and are not as indented) and sinkage (they are sinking back down to their pre-subcision levels). There was major improvement noticed this morning. Hoping this is not same crazy fluke! Most of the bruising is gone and there is a slight yellow tinge in some areas that can onyl be seen on my i-phone pics and not in the mirror when I look.

#51 naturalgirl81

naturalgirl81

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 December 2011 - 08:15 PM

Here is an interesting video for you guys to watch: http://abclocal.go.c...alth&id=7270440

Like I always say, the future is stem cells and i believe that is the only possibility out there to get close to perfect skin after acne scarring.

#52 lianghaochen

lianghaochen

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 December 2011 - 11:46 PM

Here is an interesting video for you guys to watch: http://abclocal.go.c...alth&id=7270440

Like I always say, the future is stem cells and i believe that is the only possibility out there to get close to perfect skin after acne scarring.

This is encouraging news! The possibility of having normal skin make me giddy with excitement!

#53 dieffenbachia

dieffenbachia

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 7
About Me

Posted 22 December 2011 - 12:35 AM

THank you so much naturalgirl81 for keeping us posted on your treatments. It really helps to hear experiences for people like myself who are considering such treatments. I do hope you keep us posted with your future sessions.
All the best

#54 naturalgirl81

naturalgirl81

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 December 2011 - 07:41 PM

Hey Guys! Its day TEN and nothing has really changed. To be fair to everyone on this board I am waiting the full 4-6 weeks to give a final analysis. So far, NONE of my scars are worse or the same. Every since one has improved. Some have dissapeared. Two rolling scars that look like dimples on either side of my chin are the ones that have improved the least but are at about 50%. My cheeks look like they have really mild boxcar/large pore scarring now. The contour of my face is now perfectly round, whereas before the large rolling scars made it dip in when at an angle if that makes any sense.
I think that everyone responds differently to subcision. I have really thick, fat cheeks and skin that forms keloid(raised) scars. I think these things have contributed to my scars filling in thickly after subcision. If one has a very thin face, I dont know that the results would be the same. Other than the two dimples on my chin, i am not sure if subcision would help again as my scars are too shallow now but I might give it another try (that is assuming things stay the same over the next 2 months). I think my next stop will be Laviv. Oh, and for some reason the subcision almost completely erased the deep boxcars at my temples. I have to strain to see them in the mirror now.

#55 Frax1

Frax1

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 December 2011 - 03:33 PM

Congratulations to your great success!!

#56 PaulyD

PaulyD

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 December 2011 - 07:48 AM

Congratulations should be in order after several weeks not during the swollen period.

#57 lianghaochen

lianghaochen

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 December 2011 - 12:25 PM

Congratulations should be in order after several weeks not during the swollen period.

According to the literatures I read, scars appears worst on day 6, it just gets better after that.

#58 dieffenbachia

dieffenbachia

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 7
About Me

Posted 28 December 2011 - 04:34 PM

Congrats naturalgirl81. I'm so pleased that this has gone well for you! What a great Christmas present :D

#59 Greg098

Greg098

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 December 2011 - 01:59 AM

When your swollen face goes down and the bruises fade, most of the scarring will come back (this is normal) but over time the scars will fade. Don't expect miracles and several treatments may be necessary. My doctor recommended that it can take up to 6 months to see any results.

#60 naturalgirl81

naturalgirl81

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 January 2012 - 07:51 PM

Hi Guys, it has now been 3 weeks and the scars are getting better and better each day. At this point, id say 60-70%. Im going to wait the full two months to decide whether or not to go in for the second treatment because at this point the scars are too shallow. Fingers crossed.