body acne isolation depression

1 reply to this topic

#1 sunni707

sunni707

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 November 2011 - 12:15 PM

Hello everyone, so I'm completely new to this site but I really just needed to find some support from people who know what I'm going through. I've had acne since I was about 12 and I'm now 18, really painful last couple years as it only got worse. I finally saw a dermatologist this year and she was pretty rude and kept insisting that my fears about accutane were idiotic but I don't care because I choose what extremes I'll go, not her. Anyways, she said I have moderate acne, and prescribed me some oral green antibacterial pills but I chose to only use the cream she gave me; Epiduo. Which I LOVE! After experimenting with different doses I've found one that's left my face virtually clear (aside from blackheads on the nose & some redness from my medication). Unfortunately, my body acne is yet to find control...
I had read on this site before that using Head&Shoulders as a body wash can help, and when I tried it, it worked! For a bit. & now it doesn't. And what's worse, my chest acne is coming back w/full force. I have obvious emotional scars from years of avoiding light (my thick foundation was transparent in light) and I hated people looking at me in outdoor lighting. Also, my facial acne used to be so constant and irritable that I'd spend 40minutes+ every night picking at my skin in the mirror. Now that my face is cleared up, I would think that trauma would be gone but I still feel like I need to hide. If I get one pimple now, my stomach drops because I remember before and think it's coming back. And even though I cover my chest and back with strategic clothing, I FEEL it. It hurts physically, like sore bruises and little sharp cuts. & because I feel it, I feel like everyone else can see it. Illogical and yet it makes me so cranky. I just hate how I snap at my family sometimes... I want to feel comfortable in my own skin and this feels like a depression keeping me from trying so many more college and social things that I would like to. I don't even want to get involved in any kind of romantic relationship because I feel like guys look at my face and see one thing that they like, but have no idea what's hiding beneath the surface of my covers. My body acne repulses me but the feeling of not having control over my life because of it, haunts me even more.

#2 whatthekell

whatthekell

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 25 November 2011 - 03:29 PM

Hi Sunni,
Like you, I have suffered from acne since I was 12 years old. I'm now 25. In my high school years I had a horrible time with back acne as well. I used to use Neutrogena body wash and then apply 10% BP. I only used the BP at night, as it bleached all my shirts. Eventually my back acne healed. Then out of no where, this summer it came back. I believe it was because I switched soaps and because it was a very humid summer and my job is very physical. I used to be able to get away with just cleansing my back at night with clearasil wipes that have salicylic acid. But now I wash twice a day with Dial Soap Bar which is antibacterial, then I apply Dan's AHA. This healed up all the cysts I had. I still occasionally get a pimple on my back, but at least I'm not getting a new one every day. If you can't get Dan's AHA... try the BP method. Just wash with a salicylic body wash, then at night apply BP. Some people on here use Panoxyl Body Bar which has 10% BP. Some say it won't bleach your towels and clothes...others say it does. Try some of these things out for at least a month and see if it helps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users