Call me Jude.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 33
About Me
  • Interests:Skin care, Nutrition, Makeup, Reading, Travelling

Achievements

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:38 PM

Your horrific after TCA skin is still better than my natural scarred skin so don't take it too badly.

it's not a contest...

Nothing said about a contest. Just saying his skin doesn't look bad at all to me. Its supposed to make them feel better.

#22 rachyon

rachyon

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 7
About Me

Posted 03 March 2012 - 02:45 PM

Hi, I don't know what your skin looked like before the 100%TCA peel,comparing with the processing pics,I think the after are better.
I just noticed you're on a medication, when you are dealing with the medication,it makes you heal slower.That's what my doctor told me.
Now just give its patiences,time heals your skin,don't do anything more in 2 years.

Blessing.

Edited by rachyon, 03 March 2012 - 02:51 PM.

#23 Shizzle22

Shizzle22

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 March 2012 - 05:27 PM

i agree with rachyon that your scars look better in the second set of photos than they did in the first set...i also agree that medication can make you heal slower. the rest of the redness should fade -- but make sure you wear sunscreen or protect your face from the sun fully until it does.

i also think that CO2 is a bad idea at this point -- results are always poor on icepicks. although punch excision can be very successful on larger, isolated icepicks (as well as boxcars), when you're treating an area that has several icepicks, TCA cross *is* still your best bet...yet, due to the scary experience you just had after doing it yourself, i'd highly recommend that you consult with a dermatologist or plastic surgeon that has performed the procedure numerous times. depending on where you live, there may be no one local who does it -- if you can't find anyone locally, the nearest major city is your best bet.

btw, TCA cross often takes *several* courses of treatment, spread 2-3 months apart, in order to achieve optimal results...after which, would be the time to seek out CO2 and/or dermabrasion in order to smooth out your skin even further.

just my .02 on the tons of research i've done. good luck. :)

#24 Gracie B

Gracie B

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:31 AM

I had TCA cross treatment done about a week ago, my results are scary! After the scabs fell off the scars not only became wider but deeper. Has anyone had this result after using TCA cross? Please tell me that this gets better !!!

I would be ok if they were just wider, I could deal with that, but there is nothing you can do to cover them up with makeup when they are soo deep.

#25 mldtq

mldtq

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:59 PM

I think they're better on the 2nd set of pics. Remove the redness and your scars are shallower than before =)

#26 Patience*ltd

Patience*ltd

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:06 AM

Hi, am I the only one who can see an actual improvement? Yes obviously the redness going down has helped but I seriously think yr doing ok. Be patient. It's not an overnight cure. I had several professionally and was gutted but years later I now take for granted how much better my skin looks now than it did before. Sometimes were too close to the problem to see the significant changes. We all wang out skin to be perfect as promised by the people selling us this stuff..... But that takes months of peels and perseverance. U look great and it will continue to look better. Persevere and all will be good. I thought I'd destroyed my face with my first home peel of tca.....I ended up with a huge black scab on the side of my face!!! O dear yrs lol.... But I persevered and it went and my skin looked great. But that was a severe mistake and it did take months. But yr skin is rehealing and yr not a kid anymore..... It takes a lil longer. Hang in there x

#27 Hopesprings

Hopesprings

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 June 2013 - 10:14 PM

From what I see in the pics, it's exactly how it's supposed to look like. I haven't been in here for a long time but I was a regular for a while. I did the cross myself  3 times (with 100% TCA) in 2006-2007 and I'd say there's at least a 50% improvement! I also did a few 12-15% TCA peels. I have to say that the improvement continued since, in the years following so I'm considering doing another 2-3 rounds of cross. It's a painfully SLOW process so understand the hysteria esp when it looks somewhat worse at first. I do believe that the younger you are, the better the results and probably somewhat faster too but it's still slow so be patient, people.

The only side effect that I have from it is that the spots where I did the cross have lost pigmentation but better that than holes in my face (and I am fair skinned btw).

I'm very glad I didn't do all kinds of laser treatments and other extreme stuff that was mentioned at the time.

Be patient.

#28 nice_helenuk

nice_helenuk

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 October 2013 - 07:56 AM

Hi there. Just wondering what happened with your tca cross in the end. Did it have a good outcome. Would you reccomend it.

helen xx

#29 marcosctb

marcosctb

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 October 2013 - 01:24 AM

It's VERY important to treat just 2 or 3 test scars in the first TCA CROSS session to see what happens, especially if it is a self-treatment. This is basic information.

Nobody should try this procedure at home before reading a lot about it.

Edited by marcos-cwb, 29 October 2013 - 01:36 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users