Photo

Have I Ruined My Skin? Tca Cross Disaster! *with Pics

tca cross disaster icepick skin frosting toothpick boxcar

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
28 replies to this topic

#1 scarredhope19

scarredhope19

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 November 2011 - 08:49 AM

hello everyone.

i have been reading these forums for around 3 months and decided to treat myself with the TCA cross method. i was desperate and couldn't find anyone in my area that did it. i read enough and felt like i was educated on the proper application and risks. i bought the tca cross kit from julia's website. i was going to have laser resurfacing but because i still have active acne and am still on medication, i was told i'd have to wait till i was acne free (yeah, never then) and off my medication (oxytetracycline) for 12 months.

i did the cross yesterday afternoon and thought i was very careful and everything was going smooth. i had a nice frost on most scars. some didn't frost. i dipped the toothpick into the tca and applied it to the center of my scars, applying some pressure but not enough to break the skin. on some larger scars, i wiggled the toothpick a little. i did both of my cheeks and a couple i have on my forehead, they looked fine but my cheeks look horrific. i have mostly icepick scars, large scared pores, and a few boxcar scars. i think i have at least one of every acne type scar.

i'm now very depressed and anxious that i've made my scars 100x worse. i know it's only day 1 and i know things get better before they get worse, but this is worrying me. i have toothpick holes where my scars are, the toothpick has burned a different scar into my face. Posted Image i'm very pale and my face is red raw. is this normal? it's hard to explain, so i've added some pictures (horrific, i know) i took them in harsh lightening so you can see the damage clearly. i honestly didn't think my skin could get any worse. is there any hope that this will heal? i'm not using anything on it, trying to just leave it be.

Attached Thumbnails

• 11.jpg
  • 2.jpg
  • 3.jpg
  • 4.jpg

Edited by scarredhope19, 23 November 2011 - 09:17 AM.

#2 cln

cln

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 23 November 2011 - 09:20 AM

I do TCA peels once a month (a diluted 20%). I try not to get the frost. I have mild acne so I can't overdue any type of peel. It takes me about 4-5 days to peel using the diluted version. Not sure when you'll start peeling, but the recovery will be a bit longer judging from you pics above. Be patient it's only day one. The redness will take some time to diminish.
Following the Clear Skin Diet:
-Low glycemic, no dairy, no sugars, no refined/processed foods, lots of colorful veggies and lean meats
-8 hours of sleep
-Exercise 5-6 days/week
-Supplements: Vit E, Zinc, Selenium, Chromium, Fish Oil (EPA), EGCG (from green tea extract)
-Talking with friends who suffer with acne: It helps to help others
-Low dose Retin A (.025%) and glycolic toner

#3 Ham84

Ham84

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 November 2011 - 09:35 AM

Those little holes are from toothpicks? They're quite large. Did you puncture your skin using toothpicks? The redness should go away though.

#4 scarredhope19

scarredhope19

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 November 2011 - 09:44 AM

Those little holes are from toothpicks? They're quite large. Did you puncture your skin using toothpicks? The redness should go away though.

no. i made sure not to. and yes those are from toothpicks. on the first pics, my scars on that cheek were quite large and one was squareish shaped along with some scared pores, the toothpick has totally changed shape of the scar and they all look the same shape, before the tca they were all shaped quite differently. Posted Image maybe the 100% was too strong for my sensitive skin?

is this damage permanent or will collagen grow when/if i scab? if so, what should i be looking into to correct it?

Edited by scarredhope19, 23 November 2011 - 09:45 AM.

#5 scarredhope19

scarredhope19

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 November 2011 - 11:21 AM

any advice? has anyone had a similar reaction?

#6 Dazarooni

Dazarooni

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 November 2011 - 04:28 PM

I've lost count of how many TCA cross treatments I've had. Your skin is reacting perfectly normal so relax.

You've just put 100% TCA on your scars, of course they'll look bad for a while!

The scabs normally form a few days after treatment and they should darken and then fall off normally within 5-8 days, don't pick!

Oh and once again.... RELAX!

#7 rachyon

rachyon

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 7
About Me

Posted 27 November 2011 - 04:13 PM

I have never tried TCA cuz Im still on accutane...Hope everything goes well for you! :)
Gain acne, lose disease. YAY!!!

#8 dx4567

dx4567

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 November 2011 - 04:21 PM

I fail to see how pouring acid (which removes layers of skin) on already depressed scars will make them any better.

#9 LiveLaughFart

LiveLaughFart

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Achievements

Posted 27 November 2011 - 09:32 PM

I do TCA peels once a month (a diluted 20%). I try not to get the frost. I have mild acne so I can't overdue any type of peel. It takes me about 4-5 days to peel using the diluted version. Not sure when you'll start peeling, but the recovery will be a bit longer judging from you pics above. Be patient it's only day one. The redness will take some time to diminish.

Why is frosting bad?
I'm serious.

#10 DJT

DJT

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 November 2011 - 10:16 AM

It's normal for the treated areas to look deeper after TCA Cross. There is a layer of TCA on top of your scars, which makes an illusion of worse looking scars.

#11 Pord

Pord

Order and Progress

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 November 2011 - 10:37 AM

I fail to see how pouring acid (which removes layers of skin) on already depressed scars will make them any better.

Because it makes the skin repair itself. That is the idea anyway.

#12 cln

cln

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 02 December 2011 - 08:40 AM

TCA is used to remove the very top layers of the skin. It can be very useful in helping acne patients to shed that top layers of skin so sebum can flow more effectively. However, I would never use it at higher doses (leave this to the professionals) and I would never insert any blunt object into my pores. There are plastic sergeons who can help you with improving any scars you have. TCA for home use should not exceed 20%. Frosting is OK, but I personally do not want to shed that much skin since I use Retin A daily (.025%).
Following the Clear Skin Diet:
-Low glycemic, no dairy, no sugars, no refined/processed foods, lots of colorful veggies and lean meats
-8 hours of sleep
-Exercise 5-6 days/week
-Supplements: Vit E, Zinc, Selenium, Chromium, Fish Oil (EPA), EGCG (from green tea extract)
-Talking with friends who suffer with acne: It helps to help others
-Low dose Retin A (.025%) and glycolic toner

#13 Ham84

Ham84

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 December 2011 - 09:53 AM

Hi scarredhope19,

How's your face doing now? Any improvements?

#14 allrighty

allrighty

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 04 December 2011 - 01:02 AM

There is NO WAY I would do this treatment myself.... leave ur face alone now, don't put ANYTHING on it and let it heal. Drink lots of water, get lots of sleep and stay out of the sun. Also try Zinz and Vitamin C tablets....

Keep us posted!!!
HUGS

#15 scarredhope19

scarredhope19

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:17 AM

hi everyone. tca definitely ruined my already scarred skin. it is so much worse than before. the toothpick like marks are still here and most of my scars expanded. the large pores i treated have turned into icepicks.

i don't know what to do, but i need to get this treated asap because i can't live like i am anymore. i am booked in for CO2 laser resurfacing in a month, but after reading some reviews i'm having second thoughts. i have seen some great before and after pics but there seems to be more bad reviews than good on here. i can't afford to make this any worse.

what treatment would give me a good improvement? (more pics in the harshest light possible to show you all how f**** my skin truly is)...

Attached Thumbnails

• photo(1).JPG
  • photo(2).JPG

Edited by scarredhope19, 20 February 2012 - 03:18 AM.

#16 Pord

Pord

Order and Progress

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:36 AM

hi everyone. tca definitely ruined my already scarred skin. it is so much worse than before. the toothpick like marks are still here and most of my scars expanded. the large pores i treated have turned into icepicks.

i don't know what to do, but i need to get this treated asap because i can't live like i am anymore. i am booked in for CO2 laser resurfacing in a month, but after reading some reviews i'm having second thoughts. i have seen some great before and after pics but there seems to be more bad reviews than good on here. i can't afford to make this any worse.

what treatment would give me a good improvement? (more pics in the harshest light possible to show you all how f**** my skin truly is)...

Was this 100% TCA? Also, did you shave the toothpicks down to the right size for each scar?

#17 Nope.avi

Nope.avi

You wanna know how I got these scars?

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:57 AM

Edited by Nope.avi, 08 August 2012 - 08:36 PM.

#18 Pord

Pord

Order and Progress

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 February 2012 - 06:00 AM

Was this 100% TCA?

maybe the 100% was too strong for my sensitive skin?

Fail.

Thanks.

#19 jmcsm

jmcsm

Call me Jude.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 33
About Me

Achievements

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:29 AM

Your horrific after TCA skin is still better than my natural scarred skin so don't take it too badly.

#20 unbreakable1

unbreakable1

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 17
About Me

Posted 21 February 2012 - 08:36 AM

Your horrific after TCA skin is still better than my natural scarred skin so don't take it too badly.

it's not a contest...