Photo

What Is Some Solid Advice To "help" With All Scar Types.

acne scar clear clean accutane face zinc

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 Pord

Pord

Order and Progress

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 November 2011 - 02:01 PM

Hey,

I know that everybody is different, but is there any solid advice that should help at least to a small degree with everyone? It is so rare to find a post on this board where people agree about different things.

I was just wondering if there is any advice that serves for all people and their scars.

Such as take a certain type of vitamin (maybe vitamin c, zinc, alpha lipoic acid, etc.) . Stay out of the sun (while healing) (I am not sure if this makes a difference - does it?). Exercise. Drink a bunch of water. Types of foods that help collagen production. Etc.

Do any of these things help?

Do any of you guys/girls have tips that have helped your scars?

Thanks.

Edited by Pord, 04 January 2012 - 11:24 AM.

#2 Aimlessness

Aimlessness

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 November 2011 - 02:27 PM

From what i understand, you basically want to get your body producing as much collagen as possible. Also staying hydrated is really helpful, 8 glasses of water every day is what you need ( this is sometimes not easy). Vitamin C is what allows your body to produce collagen, so plenty of that. I've also been helped by Retin-A if you can get your hands on that. Also eating a lot of fruits and vegetables, good fats (nuts), and yeah exercising and all that. Your body heals the scars on its own. So you basically want your body to be in the best state it can be. Also it is going to help to get your mind in the right place. I'd say no smoking, especially cigarettes, don't drink either. Meditate, get plenty of sleep, and don't make it harder on yourself by discouraging yourself. I'd say exfoliate also. Either with lemons or honey (you can find recipes for good exfoliating stuff that you can make at home on the web). If you've been off accutane for a while you could buy a dermabrasion cream, never tried one myself i'm still waiting on it a bit, but people say it helps. GREEN TEA... that helps i hear. (i drink it all the time). Also this may be a bit controversial among people on the boards here, but fasting is supposed to help your body heal itself, this includes scars (look it up).

So yeah this is basically the stuff i've been trying. The only real cure is going to be time, but you'll get the best results if you use the time wisely, and help the healing process as much as possible. These are things that you can do for yourself right now, you could also find a surgeon or a dermatologist to do some procedures for you if your scars are really bothering you that much. Anyways good luck... always know that you are your own worse critic. Your scars are probably not as bad as you trick yourself into thinking they are.

#3 Pord

Pord

Order and Progress

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 November 2011 - 03:09 PM

From what i understand, you basically want to get your body producing as much collagen as possible. Also staying hydrated is really helpful, 8 glasses of water every day is what you need ( this is sometimes not easy). Vitamin C is what allows your body to produce collagen, so plenty of that. I've also been helped by Retin-A if you can get your hands on that. Also eating a lot of fruits and vegetables, good fats (nuts), and yeah exercising and all that. Your body heals the scars on its own. So you basically want your body to be in the best state it can be. Also it is going to help to get your mind in the right place. I'd say no smoking, especially cigarettes, don't drink either. Meditate, get plenty of sleep, and don't make it harder on yourself by discouraging yourself. I'd say exfoliate also. Either with lemons or honey (you can find recipes for good exfoliating stuff that you can make at home on the web). If you've been off accutane for a while you could buy a dermabrasion cream, never tried one myself i'm still waiting on it a bit, but people say it helps. GREEN TEA... that helps i hear. (i drink it all the time). Also this may be a bit controversial among people on the boards here, but fasting is supposed to help your body heal itself, this includes scars (look it up).

So yeah this is basically the stuff i've been trying. The only real cure is going to be time, but you'll get the best results if you use the time wisely, and help the healing process as much as possible. These are things that you can do for yourself right now, you could also find a surgeon or a dermatologist to do some procedures for you if your scars are really bothering you that much. Anyways good luck... always know that you are your own worse critic. Your scars are probably not as bad as you trick yourself into thinking they are.

Thanks for the great detailed response.

Anyone else?

#4 lady1983

lady1983

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 November 2011 - 04:37 PM

If you have deep pitted scars like pock marks the only thing that will resolve the issue is surgery. If you go to the right Plastic Surgeon apparently the scar will leave a thin line but will fade out in time. So far my thin line is very very thin, but i really notice it because its only been two weeks. I am hoping it fades out. I dont really trust dermabrasion or lasers but I might get a laswer resurfacing on it since they changed the pockmark to a line... That could be an option.

#5 Pord

Pord

Order and Progress

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 November 2011 - 10:25 AM

If you have deep pitted scars like pock marks the only thing that will resolve the issue is surgery. If you go to the right Plastic Surgeon apparently the scar will leave a thin line but will fade out in time. So far my thin line is very very thin, but i really notice it because its only been two weeks. I am hoping it fades out. I dont really trust dermabrasion or lasers but I might get a laswer resurfacing on it since they changed the pockmark to a line... That could be an option.

Thanks for the reply. I hope that the line fades.

I am talking about things that help the majority of people.

Anyone else?

Edited by Pord, 04 January 2012 - 11:26 AM.

#6 Pord

Pord

Order and Progress

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 January 2012 - 11:26 AM

^ I am going to bump this. Does anyone else have any tips?

Thanks for the help.

#7 4Fours

4Fours

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Achievements

Posted 04 January 2012 - 12:40 PM

Not sure if it's the type of scarring you are talking about, but this is a thread dedicated to treatment of red marks:
http://www.acne.org/...with-red-marks/

Also, the "pinned" threads in the scar forum are good resources.
90% clear from IgG allergy-free diet (need a personal blood test) which resulted in becoming vegan and gluten-free.

My routine: http://www.acne.org/...y-regimen-2012/

Think BCP "regulate" your cycle? It could be making things worse!
http://drsaulmarcus....trol_pills.html

#8 Pord

Pord

Order and Progress

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 January 2012 - 01:28 PM

Not sure if it's the type of scarring you are talking about, but this is a thread dedicated to treatment of red marks:
http://www.acne.org/...with-red-marks/

Also, the "pinned" threads in the scar forum are good resources.

Scarring, not hyperpigmentation.. Such as rolling, boxcar, and icepick.