Photo

Nothing much we can do...gotta wait till

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

#1 Ryan Valmont

Ryan Valmont

The Rated R Superstar

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 4
About Me

Posted 12 September 2004 - 04:23 PM

I'm starting to believe in what my parents and most people are telling me...that you can't do anything about your acne.

You just gotta wait it out and your grow outta it,and i tend to agree...

My brothers had worse acne than me at my age,now there 25/29 and they both no longer have acne.

So all i'm gonna do from now on,is change my diet alittle...and leave it at that.

#2 omgitspres

omgitspres

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 September 2004 - 06:17 PM

thats the stupidest thing ive ever heard. start eating healthier because diet is the NUMBER ONE cause of acne! and for all the stupid people that are gonna come on here and be like "omg no it doesnt you're such a liar" go back to eating cheese puffs you fatties!!!

#3 Ryan Valmont

Ryan Valmont

The Rated R Superstar

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 September 2004 - 06:24 PM

QUOTE (omgitspres @ Sep 12 2004, 05:04 PM)
thats the stupidest thing ive ever heard. start eating healthier because diet is the NUMBER ONE cause of acne! and for all the stupid people that are gonna come on here and be like "omg no it doesnt you're such a liar" go back to eating cheese puffs you fatties!!!

ahahaha poor naive fool

#4 ~TEPL0~

~TEPL0~

back from the dead

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 September 2004 - 06:34 PM

If there's nothing we can do, then tell me, why is my skin clear now? I've had severe cystic acne for years, and as a result of a few medications and lifestyle changes, I have barely any zits now. If you're not willing to experiment with different approaches and don't take advice, then I don't kwow what to tell you...

#5 rommie

rommie

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 September 2004 - 08:11 PM

My brother was like that too. He had acne in his teen years and now hes clear and in his 20's. He went to the derm and was told to take some antibiotics, but he just left his skin alone and eventually it cleared up when he was around 21 and now I dont see him breakout ever. Im hoping the same thing happens to me but i still use BP and follow a strict diet....im more paranoid about my skin than he was.

#6 omgitspres

omgitspres

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 September 2004 - 08:44 PM

QUOTE (Ryan Valmont @ Sep 12 2004, 05:11 PM)

ahahaha poor naive fool

at least i dont give away my name on an acne messageboard you fucking idiot! why would you make your username your real name? what a fucking faggot....oh too bad you have acne! i hope it lasts forever! hahahaha!

#7 uncle buck

uncle buck

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 September 2004 - 09:01 PM

QUOTE (omgitspres @ Sep 12 2004, 08:31 PM)

ahahaha poor naive fool

at least i dont give away my name on an acne messageboard you fucking idiot! why would you make your username your real name? what a fucking faggot....oh too bad you have acne! i hope it lasts forever! hahahaha!

If anyone deserves to have acne forever, it's you.

#8 omgitspres

omgitspres

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 September 2004 - 10:31 PM

QUOTE (uncle buck @ Sep 12 2004, 07:48 PM)
QUOTE (omgitspres @ Sep 12 2004, 08:31 PM)

ahahaha poor naive fool

If anyone deserves to have acne forever, it's you.

how can someone deserve to have acne? you can't "deserve" to have anything...that sentence just made you sound even more stupid than you sounded before! by the way..stop finding my posts and quoting them..its annoying..now go away and never come back..bye!

#9 BenKweller

BenKweller

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 September 2004 - 10:53 PM

Lessons learned here:

1) There is an idiot on the board who believes diet is the #1 cause of acne. If that was true, people in starving countries (or those who eat flawlessly) wouldn't have acne. They do.

2) teplo's acne cleared up great (congrats, man) but I doubt it's because of diet or lifestyle changes. The fact that it was accompanied like "Oh, I stopped eating pizza... and started using Differin" makes me think that.

3) No one cares about who deserves acne. Let's not make this a philosophical thread. Please.

#10 ~TEPL0~

~TEPL0~

back from the dead

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 September 2004 - 11:43 PM

QUOTE (BenKweller @ Sep 12 2004, 11:40 PM)

2) teplo's acne cleared up great (congrats, man) but I doubt it's because of diet or lifestyle changes. The fact that it was accompanied like "Oh, I stopped eating pizza... and started using Differin" makes me think that.

No, it wasn't like that. For about 3 years I didn't pay attention to diet or exercise. I was using the medications for a long time. The diet started a month ago, the exercise - a week ago. Go to the gallery and look at the pics. You'll see that the exercise made a big difference in about 3 days after I started doing it.

#11 Doberwoman

Doberwoman

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 September 2004 - 11:50 PM

I found changing my diet made a huge difference to my acne. It was so dramatic and so sudden I can't think that it was attributable to anything else. I was not taking any other medication at the time, although I had taken antibiotics in the past.

I followed the advice in this book, Acne Can Be Cured, and it was like a miracle:
http://www.amazon.co...=glance&s=books

And actually, people in starving countries don't seem to have acne. Look at the pictures. Another thing I've heard is that Chinese people rarely get acne, but Chinese Americans or Chinese people who adopt a western diet commonly do.

I'm not saying diet causes acne -- but I do believe that in susceptible people the wrong diet can make acne much much worse (I went from cystic acne to relatively clear skin in just a couple of weeks by changing my diet)

#12 Ryan Valmont

Ryan Valmont

The Rated R Superstar

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 September 2004 - 12:11 AM

QUOTE (omgitspres @ Sep 12 2004, 07:31 PM)

ahahaha poor naive fool

lol ryan valmont isn't my real name LOL

#13 SweetJade1980

SweetJade1980

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 September 2004 - 01:21 AM

Is your name fashioned after the character that had at least 4 movies after it: Dangerous Liasons
Valmont
Cruel Intentions
Cruel Intentions 2

#14 Ben16

Ben16

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 September 2004 - 01:53 AM

Cruel Intentions

Ryan Phillippe? lol

#15 LoveGreenSmoothies

LoveGreenSmoothies

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 13 September 2004 - 03:23 AM

QUOTE (Ryan Valmont @ Sep 12 2004, 06:10 PM)
I'm starting to believe in what my parents and most people are telling me...that you can't do anything about your acne.

You just gotta wait it out and your grow outta it,and i tend to agree...

My brothers had worse acne than me at my age,now there 25/29 and they both no longer have acne.

So all i'm gonna do from now on,is change my diet alittle...and leave it at that.

I'm 33.

#16 LoveGreenSmoothies

LoveGreenSmoothies

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 13 September 2004 - 03:26 AM

Please refrain from insulting other's from here on out.

Thank you.

#17 Ryan Valmont

Ryan Valmont

The Rated R Superstar

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 September 2004 - 02:36 PM

QUOTE (emmanuel @ Sep 13 2004, 02:13 AM)
Please refrain from insulting other's from here on out.

Thank you.

I'm not sure who you were directing this too,but a forum is about exspressing your right of opinion isn't it?.

i'm just ssaying that many people my age have had acne the same time of life i have it currently...and once there 25 or over it seem's to dissapear.

Now i never said EVERBODY is the same...just that this is what i believe...and i never meant to "Insult" you.

just shouldn't take every little sentence to heart...

#18 Dices15

Dices15

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 September 2004 - 03:48 PM

I did something and now I am completly clear.