Zinc & Peppermint/spearmint - Acne Cure?

acne zinc peppermint spearmint dht androgens estrogen oily skin saw palmetto oestrogen

2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_mariacne_*

Guest_mariacne_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2

Posted 20 November 2011 - 01:09 PM

(short version: I'm taking Zinc to lower my estrogen and Peppermint to block androgens - good idea?)

Hello

I've always been puzzled how Zinc cures some people's acne but in me made some of my hormonal symptoms better and yet made other symptoms like (like acne & excess hair worse)

Zinc seems to work by lowering estrogen and blocking DHT (androgens)

But in some people, I read it can actually increase DHT

I also remember a girl on here telling me she took Progesterone therapy but also had to take an anti-androgen because the progesterone raised her testosterone (it's like you lower estrogen to win but then create another problem)

So I think Zinc can either completely cure you by lowering estrogen and raising progesterone and blocking DHT or like with me - make you worse, by lowering estrogen but also raising DHT

A girl on here was saying how she took Zinc and it worsened her acne and also caused her to get male pattern baldness (which is caused by DHT)

I think this is why some of my estrogen related symptoms are bettered but then my acne get's worse on Zinc

So I thought I need to take zinc to lower my estrogen & something like Saw Palmetto to block any DHT (androgens)

But Saw Palmetto is so expensive! Then I read about a study that was conducted, where women who drank 2 cups of Spearmint/Peppermint tea a day had significantly reduced androgen levels after five days.

A girl on here said that Peppermint/Spearmint tea completely cleared up her excess hair problem, so much so that even the hair on her legs had reduced.

So my new try-out atm is Zinc, I bought 15mg high-strength Zinc and I'm taking one after each meal. I'm then having one cup of Peppermint Tea - one mid-morning and one mid-afternoon. If the tea works I will probably get capsules next time.

I hope this works, it's cheap and makes a lot of sense to me.

Has anyone else tried Zinc with Peppermint/Spearmint or Zinc and Saw Palmetto?

Thanks xx

Edited by mariacne, 21 November 2011 - 06:45 AM.

#2 Luisa

Luisa

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 November 2011 - 09:05 PM

I didn't try that combination, but I'm drinking spearmint tea for my oiliness and I think it has helped. Saw palmetto was bad for me, I tried it more than a year ago, it gave me acne on my jaw line which I didn't have.

I would try spearmint tea instead because thats the one the studies have been done with.

I also tried zinc alone some time ago and I'm quite sure it made my acne a bit worse, I dont know how it would go with spearmint tea though, could be a good combination.
My Regimen:

Diet:
Low fat, Moderate carbs, estrogenic boosting diet, green smoothies.

Supplements
P-5-P 50mg

Topical:
Morning:
Oatmeal-honey-vitaminb6 mask, rinse with water after 30 mins.
Night:
Very short wash with oatmeal soap at night. Topical vitamin C(homemade serum with war honey).
Spot treat with tea tree oil or zinc oxide ointment.

#3 Guest_mariacne_*

Guest_mariacne_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 21 November 2011 - 06:43 AM

I noticed you're on a estrogenic boosting diet - so if you are trying to increase your estrogen, Saw Palmetto, Zinc - Peppermint could potentially make you worse. To boost estrogen you need to be taking things such as copper or nettle.

Edited by mariacne, 21 November 2011 - 06:43 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users