Photo
- - - - -

Will Panoxyl Soap Bar Bleach My Clothes?

pan oxyl panoxyl bar pan oxyl bar bacne back acne body acne 10% benzoyl peroxide bleach clothes panoxyl

4 replies to this topic

#1 catcrazy

catcrazy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 20 November 2011 - 11:26 AM

Hi everyone!

I've been struggling with bacne for a long time, and I've tried many methods of getting rid of it- none of which seemed to work. Salicylic acid, gold bond, head and shoulders- none of them could clear me up. Now I'm trying benzoyl peroxide in the form of panoxyl 10% strength bar. I've seen good reviews so I'm hoping it'll work. Posted Image

My only worry is that the benzoyl peroxide in the soap will bleach my clothes. I've heard that it will bleach towels, which I am fine with- I'll just use an old or white towel. But what I want to know is will it bleach my clothing? Does it just do that automatically because its benzoyl peroxide? Will it reactivate when I sweat and bleach my clothes then? or am I fine as long as I rinse off really well?

Thanks in advance for any help! I really appreciate it. Posted Image

#2 Hopeful*

Hopeful*

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 November 2011 - 04:22 PM

As long as you rinse off the soap you should be fine..lol. Unless you're planning to leave the soap on! But because it's benzoyl peroxide it has a beaching effect but with soap, as long as it doesn't fling onto your clothes while you're washing it off you should be quite fine! My uncle uses that bar of soap. He never had acne though. I also used to use it. It worked fine. My acne wasn't that bad back then though & it also wasn't sensitive like it is now! Good luck though :)
-Never let a day pass you by where u haven't learned something new.

#3 philopian tube

philopian tube

XD

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 23 November 2011 - 08:43 AM

No, don't worry about bleaching as it is not a topical, just make sure to rinse off well afterwards.

I'm a skateboarder so in summers I sweat very much, and none of my clothes have been bleached.

I liked Panoxyl 10% BP Wash/Bar very much! Good luck!

#4 Sarah Weakley

Sarah Weakley

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 March 2012 - 04:40 PM

I use the same thing as you (except the creamy form) for my body and I only use a white towel because I have seen personally what BP can do to a colored towel. I haven't had any issues with my undergarments or clothes. If you use washclothes use white ones. Also, I use it in the morning and later after work, I go to the gym and sweat lol. It hasn't caused any damage to my workout clothes. :)

Edited by Sarah Weakley, 25 March 2012 - 04:45 PM.

#5 HapaMommy

HapaMommy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Karaoke, dancing (hip hop, African), cardio (sculpting, kickboxing), dogs, kids.

Posted 25 March 2012 - 04:47 PM

I use the same thing as you (except the creamy form) for my body and I only use a white towel because I have seen personally what BP can do to a colored towel. I haven't had any issues with my undergarments or clothes. If you use washclothes use white ones. Also, I use it in the morning and later after work, I go to the gym and sweat lol. It hasn't caused any damage to my workout clothes. Posted Image

Yup, rinse off thoroughly and dry off with a white towel. I waited to air dry before putting on clothes.
My Regimen

AM
Cetaphil Daily Cleanser or M2 Exfoliating Cleanser with Clarisonic brush
Elta MD UV Facial moisiturizer

PM
Cetaphil Daily Cleanser or M2 Exfoliating Cleanser w/o Clarisonic brush
Elta MD UV Facial moisturizer w/ Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream

FOR FOLLICULITIS & ECZEMA
Triamcimolone as needed
Ketoconazole 2% Cream (spot treatment only) twice daily
Clarifoam once daily
Noble Soap everytime I shower