Photo

Acne FIGHTING Supplements & Regimens

vitamin vitamins vitamin a vitamin e beta carotene magnesium zinc selenium

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
116 replies to this topic

#101 Blashy

Blashy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 August 2005 - 02:14 AM

QUOTE(j-girl @ Jun 28 2005, 09:35 AM)
Here's a new product and it includes a lot of the nutrients talked about on these boards.

http://www.prweb.com...prweb254418.htm

View Post

You're better off with greens+ multi+ , taken twice to 3 times per day.

http://www.genuinehe...=39&section=168

And with this product you know the products stated are in it with proper amounts. University of Toronto used it for double blinded project.

You get all the other health benefits from our severly depleted quality of food sources these days. That in itself is the major cause of acne. Polluted body or a body lacking nutrients to clean properly.

#102 floss

floss

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 January 2006 - 06:25 AM

BUMP interesting thread

#103 floss

floss

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 January 2006 - 03:52 PM

Look people, this is where i read on B12 causing acne.

#104 Solros

Solros

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 February 2006 - 08:36 AM

Anyone been successful with the supplements SweetJade1980 mentioned (the PPAR-alpha/gamma agonists)?

It would be nice if there was a comprehensive list with all the PPAR-alpha/gamma agonist naturally occurring in food.

#105 the_se7en

the_se7en

NitroX

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 April 2006 - 10:14 AM

Could Someone post all the beneficial vitamins like zinc, etc along with vitamin b5, b-complex... and all that... a list of how much and when and how to take.

Also possible places online where you can order it to have it shipped to canada.

#106 Incubus77

Incubus77

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 June 2007 - 07:39 PM

are these the amounts you should take daily?

#107 sie

sie

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 March 2008 - 07:25 AM

bump

first couple sweetjade posts are great

#108 BarryAllen

BarryAllen

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 6
About Me

Posted 09 March 2008 - 06:45 PM

bump

#109 Rebel1992

Rebel1992

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 03 June 2010 - 04:15 AM

Hey guys,
firstly, i would like say that sweetjade has taken tons of effort to help us fellow acne sufferers out.
I am 17 and i have spent tons on acne and scars...i was hoping you guys could take the time to reply...thanks

well,i used to be on accutane...20 mg twice a week...for 3 months...
even though it is a small dosage...its seems that my lips are still extremely dry even after a year of stopping the accutane..

as for my acne-its occurs occasionaly...

i am trying to take the right supplements...
mainly...
zinc-15 mg
B6
B12
B complex
Vit E
Vit C

am i missing out on anything?

and also...occasionaly..my hair drops..-in fact frequently...but not too much of a bald spot...

may i know which male hormone triggers that and what should i stop or take(vitamins) to prevent hair loss....
i am going through moderate stress,but i am not able to cut it out from my life....stress is ever present

Lastly...since everyone is contributing to the forum...i shall do the same...i have to agree during my whole high school life...i was acne infested...and introvert....shy...not confident...you name it...
But when i moved on to a higher educational institution- though my acne gradually improved...and the fact that i worked part time to pay for my scars treatment...shows how determined i was to clear my scars even though i wasnt financially well off...
just want to let everyone know that never give up on the fight(acne)...you may be unlucky...but believe me...there are others around you...that feel the same way....we are not born special...but the fact that we constantly try to improve ourselves should be applauded at...
cheers and good luck guys.
take pride.

Hey guys,
firstly, i would like say that sweetjade has taken tons of effort to help us fellow acne sufferers out.
I am 17 and i have spent tons on acne and scars...i was hoping you guys could take the time to reply...thanks

well,i used to be on accutane...20 mg twice a week...for 3 months...
even though it is a small dosage...its seems that my lips are still extremely dry even after a year of stopping the accutane..

as for my acne-its occurs occasionaly...

i am trying to take the right supplements...
mainly...
zinc-15 mg
B6
B12
B complex
Vit E
Vit C

am i missing out on anything?

and also...occasionaly..my hair drops..-in fact frequently...but not too much of a bald spot...

may i know which male hormone triggers that and what should i stop or take(vitamins) to prevent hair loss....
i am going through moderate stress,but i am not able to cut it out from my life....stress is ever present

Lastly...since everyone is contributing to the forum...i shall do the same...i have to agree during my whole high school life...i was acne infested...and introvert....shy...not confident...you name it...
But when i moved on to a higher educational institution- though my acne gradually improved...and the fact that i worked part time to pay for my scars treatment...shows how determined i was to clear my scars even though i wasnt financially well off...
just want to let everyone know that never give up on the fight(acne)...you may be unlucky...but believe me...there are others around you...that feel the same way....we are not born special...but the fact that we constantly try to improve ourselves should be applauded at...
cheers and good luck guys.
take pride.

#110 nanotech

nanotech

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 December 2010 - 08:50 PM

Oh SweetJade! Where are you? smile.gif

Just finished reading this entire thread and the two pages suggested on the masturbation-related thread and the body building related article within the masturbation-related thread.

Thank you very much for such a wealth of detailed, well-researched information SweetJade.

I just PM-ed you, but I will go ahead and type it out here as well.

I have found recently that diet does affect me as well and have slowly restricted more and more foods. It seems as if I can't eat anything now, but I guess I'm sort of living like how people used to live hundreds of years ago and if they could do it then I should be able to, lol.

I am taking NO supplements, medications, vitamins, nothing at all. I feared that any one thing that's not "natural" may cause acne and ruin my on-going diet-testing/experimenting.

So far I have been gluten-free for 9mos, dairy free about 5mos, soda-free about 4mos (except I do drink zevia, a naturally-flavored carbonated drink that is sweetened with the stevia plant), coffee-free (now my only caffeine comes from green tea) for about 2mos, in a stress-reducing regimen (more exercise basically) for about 6wks, nut-free and oil free (except olive and canola oils, very limited) about 3wks, and sugar-free about 5 days (except in fruits, but I try eating low-sugar fruits only).

My acne has been improving over time as I have found what might trigger the acne. For example, I used to eat lots of wheat as a way to be healthy and realized all that gluten was messing me up, so I became gluten-free. But as of now I still get about 4 to 5 very small whiteheads per week (can't see them unless you get within 3ft of my face) and I get about 2 to 3 regular pimples per week (not huge like before, but they're there and they persist/linger for up to 3-4wks before they go away and they keep adding to the ones that I received in previous weeks).

I really am miserable right now because of my diet, can't eat SOOOO many things, but I'll do what it takes to get behind this once and for all. I would say my acne has improved about 60-65% so far. But I need to get to 100%, at least to the 99% you've seemed to achieve.

I was 100% free for about a year after I took accutane (had tried everything else of course and nothing seemed to work). I loved it, I thought I was finally free of acne, but then slowly it started coming back, took about two years after that 1st year of being acne-free to be at about three NEW pretty large pimples per week in addition to the three that came in the previous week and the three from the week before, etc. But I thought it was just age, that by the time I was 23-24 or 25, it would be over. Well I turned 26 and still had acne, that's when I started experimenting with different things and now at 28 have gotten much closer, like I said, about 65% better than the worst period I had during post-accutane period.

I know I haven't given being sugar-free enough time, but boy am I craving it like nothing else. When I become stressed I eat sugar (it's natural to do so, but bad and addictive), and I still get stressed because of work but CAN'T eat sugar. I am trying to exercise as much as I can without effecting work and my family to help with the stress and I am going to try daily meditation as well.

As I mentioned, I have looked into all the vitamins and supplements that you suggested. Surprisingly, I already have almost all of them on my list of vitamins to take when once I have solved the acne problem. Remember I didn't want vitamins to inadvertently interfere with my "acne dieting experiment."

But one of my other major goals is becoming to be able to eat normally again. I think maybe I am not too allergic or sensitive to all the things that I am avoiding and that perhaps avoidance of those foods and the addition of good foods seems to have worked (65%) because it just gives me the right vitamins and minerals for my body. I am thinking about starting some of the vitamins you have suggested, starting with a multi-vitamin that contains about the right amount of A, C, D, E, B's, and others suggested, with all of them being derived from the "right sources," and none of the "bad" vitamins/minerals (with respect to acne). It's the Rainbow Light Food Based Advanced Nutritional System - SafeGuard Iron-Free MultiVitamin. It also has a multitude of herbs and extracts meant for "superior stress management." I've done some research on the company and have read many reviews and respect the company and trust it. So I feel that their claims, although may not be 100% accurate/true, are at least not intentionally false and perhaps have some research into it (better than most other vitamin manufacturers I would say).

What do you think? I feel that you might suggest getting individual vitamins and starting that way. I also have Nordic Naturals Fish Oil (the purest form that I have been able to find), but since it seems to only be anti-inflammatory, I am going to save it for later because I feel I already eat enough anti-inflammatory foods with all the fruits and veggies I am eating. Also because I used to eat fish oil last year and it didn't really help and I actually stopped it thinking it was hurting (though looking back now I don't think fish oil actually caused it).

I am also erring towards just getting all those vitamins through fruits & veggies, that would be my preferred method. All natural, not cooked, not even boiled/steamed, just raw & pure. For example, four sweet potatoes can give 60mg of beta-carotene which according to your research citings is equivalent to about 100,000 IU's of Vit A. (I'm not going to eat that much right off for sure though).

Also, how important is detoxing/colon cleansing? I have been thinking about that lately. One of my close friends who pretty much eats whatever he wants to has no acne at all but he does do some type of a diarrhea-causing detox that lasts a couple of days and I feel that has something to do with it. If you do believe detox is important before I start w/ the vitamins, what method would you suggest? I've heard everything from a bluberries-only diet for a week or 10 days to the diarrhea-causing "wash-out" pill that lasts two days.

Thank you once again for all the help you have already provided and thanks in advance for the comments I look forward to receiving from you SweetJade!

Edited by nanotech, 17 December 2010 - 08:55 PM.

#111 nanotech

nanotech

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Posted 18 December 2010 - 10:51 AM

While I wait for SweetJade's response, I'll try to add a summary of the vitamins/minerals/herbs suggested. This is from notes I took while reading this entire thread (and then I read most of the pinned "cliff notes" thread in the Nutrition forum). However, this may have a male-slant to it, although I don't recall excluding something because it was supposedly helpful to females only. So it's probably a good summary for both males and females.

Vitamins/Minerals/Herbs to take:

Vitamins:
1. Vit A - 25,000 - 100,000 IU (you can get most if not all of this from beta-carotene & your body will convert as much as it needs to into retinol-type Vit A, but you have to make sure it has the right/enough enzymes to do so. Vitamins/herbs that help w/ conversion: C, E, K, Selenium, Riboflavin, Thiamin, Zinc, ALA, Olive Oil)
2. Vit C - 1000mg twice daily (Dr. GM)
3. Vit D - 3000 IU (esp if you live where the Sun is not out much or you don't get out in the Sun much...even the WallStreetJournal recently had an article (2wks ago?) about how good Vit D was)
4. Vit E - 400-3,000 IU (interestingly, my derm HATES Vit E, says people should avoid it like the plague...that was about 2yrs ago when I last saw him and I didn't inquire too much as to why, but he did also give me a list of common products that has it). I had what's called "ring around the mouth" where the area surrounding your lips is extremely chapped, he said my Burt's Bees may have caused it since it has Vit E. He gave me a shot and it went away in 3-4days. I stopped using that chapstick and it hasn't come back since. He says people can "develop" an extreme sensitivity to it but that it's bad anyway.)

The Vitamin B-Complex (take entire complex so as not to upset liver function?):
1. Thiamin (b1) - how much?
2. Riboflavin (b2) - 200-300mg /day (sounds like a lot?)
3. Zinc Sulphate (b6) - how much? OR...
...Pyridoxine (b6)? - 50mg (Dr. GM) (zinc & pyridoxine may be better topically than orally, esp for hair loss; vit b6 & b12 taken directly and w/o any other vitamins may cause acne, you have to take it in conjunction with others, especially Vit A)
4. Pantothenic Acid (b5) - 100mg (25mg 4 times/day?) (Dr. GM)
5. Niacin (b3) - how much? (some on board say up to 500mg/day? ...my multi only has 100mg of Niacin as Niacinamide, which is already 500% of recommended daily value, but from forum it seems only 1-2g or more is bad, 500mg is not that bad though should start gradually?)
Vitamins included only because they are part of complex, but not really acne-helping?:
6. Biotin - how much? (works together w/ Chromium)
7. Folic Acid - how much?
8. b12 - how much? (as cyanocobalamin?)

Other Vitamins:
1. Zinc Monomethionine - 30-100mg (is it ok if it's "as Krebs Complex, Monomethionine?, also, best not taken w/ Calcium and best taken in-btwn meals) (Dr. GM -> 50mg)
2. Selenium - 200-400mcg /day
3. Magnesium - how much?
4. Glutathione - made from cysteine (NAC), glutamic acid, & glycine. But it seems you can just eat the right veggies for this, no pill needed?
5. Vitamin K - helps with conversion of beta-carotene Vit A to retinol, but how much to take? (again probably eating the right veggies is enough intake for this as extremely high doses haven't particularly been found to be beneficial for acne (maybe not for anything?)
6. Taurine - 1500mg twice daily (though body can make this from sulfur (veggies), zinc, & vit A)
7. Chromium - how much?
8. Glucosamine?
9. MSM?

Herbs/Oils:
1. GLA - 240mg-1g (best as borage oil? though maybe only topically? Dr. GM -> pure/organic borage capsules)
2. ALA - helps with conversion of beta-carotene Vit A to retinol, but how much to take?
3. EPA - how much? (found in fish oil)
4. R-ALA (take it instead of Chromium, though Nicotinate Chrom is fine, reduces/stabilizes insulin response, must take w/ food...does that mean I can eat sugar-foods and then take this to help stabilize the insulin response? smile.gif )
5. Acidophilus w/ bifidus for colon health (Dr. GM) (but what if you're trying to be dairy-free?)
7. D-Chrio-Inositol- how much? (my multi just contains "Inositol", 50mg, is that the same thing?)
8. Green Tea (or extract?) - (you get EGCG & Caffeic Acid, but how much of each is needed?)
9. Curcumin/Tumeric - also dissolves gallstones and detoxifies liver - but what quantity?
10. Indole-3-Carbinol (I3C) - found in cruciferous veggies (but what quantity in mg?)
11. DIM (extract from I3C) - should we take this in addition to the I3C, or do we get enough when we take I3C?
12. Saw Palmetto - how much? (has Beta Sitosterol in it? or u can take pygeum or nettles, though topical saw plametto may be best)
13. Quercitin - how much? (found in apples) (my multi-vit has 30mg of this)
14. Boswellic Acid - how much?
15. Ginger - how much?
16. Krill Oil - how much? (and has this really helped anybody yet?...almost same thing as fish oil anyway)
17. Evening Primrose Oil - how much? (may also help w/ excema, although probably best when ALSO applied topically)
18. Lenoleic Acid & other EFA's for good sebum quality - where do we get this from, which food or supplement?
19. Licorice root tea, chamomile tea, & spearmint/peppermint tea - twice a week each?
20. Cinnamon - how much?
21. Garlic - how much?

Natural Estrogens (may not be good for males?):
1. N-Acetyl Cysteine (NAC) - how much?
2. D-Pinnitol - how much?
3. D-Chirol-Inositol - 500mg/day, found in buckwheat

Recommendation from John Beradi on muscle gain while containing insulin response, etc:
1. 6-10g of DHA & EPA from Fish Oil (isn't that a heck of a lot?)
2. 600mg of ALA OR 200-300mg of K-RALA

And avoid:
1. lectins, esp if "gluten-free" diets helped you, because lectins are really what's bad? (found in seeds?)
2. when avoiding sugary foods, aslo avoid sugary fruits (high Insulin Index)? banana, apple (but peel is ok), blackberries, mango, pears, apricot, watermelon, grapes, dried fruit (basically if it's really sweet, don't eat it)
3. avoid fructose and glucose and processed foods because most have high fructose corn syrup and all these sugars are taxing your liver anyway, perhaps preventing it from propertly disposing of toxins and hormones?
4. avoid plant foods that are very high in omega-6, is it because we already get way too much omega-6?

To do:
1. if you do eat something that has a high GI, eat it with plenty of low GI food. This almost seems as if we eat a full meal of nutritious low GI foods, then we can eat a small piece of high GI cake? (let's say if it's so small that it's only 15% of the total calories of both the meal & dessert put together?) - but then will such a small cake be worth the trouble, lol?
2. Couple of spoons of Apple Cider Vinegar b4 meal or a vinaigrette salad dressing on salad b4 meal?
3. The Cheat Pill: glucomannan, 1 tablespoon (which is about 5g?) mixed in water drank very quickly (because it almost instantly turns into a gel) b4 eating a high-carb meal or basically anything that used to break you out? Don't do this much, 3x/wk is ok, but they say it's because it prevents breakouts from such meals because it slows the insulin response from high GI foods?
4. If you need to use oil when cooking use extra virgin organic olive oil only?

That's a lot (with a lot of dosage questions and other questions also embedded in it), but don't worry, it seems that you can get a lot of it with a multi-vitamin and a few other things.

1. A good MULTI-VITAMIN can probably cover all your vitamins, although to get enough of the quantity, you may have to find one that is designed in the milligram proportions listed above and the serving size on those may be 3-6 tablets. This is different than taking 6 tablets of a regular multi-vitamin because in that you may end up getting too much of something you may not want. It might also contain Chromium so you may not have to take R-ALA? or K-RALA? And mine also contains Inositol but not sure if it's the same thing as D-Chrio-Inositol and mine also has Quercitin.

2. A good FISH OIL pill. My suggestion is to go to NordicNaturals.com (they make the best quality fish oil I have found anywhere) and find a formulation that contains (or at least is close to containing) the right amount of DHA, EPA, ALA, & EPA you need. Again, serving size may be 3-6 tablets, but at least it's still just "one other bottle" to worry about instead of 4 different bottles to worry about.

3. FOOD SUPPLEMENTS (these will cover a lot of the things listed above):
a) Drink green tea (two cups/day)
b) Put some ginger in your diet
c) Eat broccoli/spinach/carrots/kale (which will also get you your I3C & maybe your DIM).
d) Eat blueberries, apple peel (y eat whole when u get 60%+ benefits from the peel itself + rest of apple is very heavy in sugar/fructose), raspberries non-sweet cherries, kiwis & other high-quality fruits.
e) Eat sweet potatoes. Each sweet potato (or 25 baby carrots) contains 15mg of beta-carotene. Each 15mg of beta-carotene is equivalent to 25k IU of Vit A. So you can start by eating one a day and gradually increase to three a day so you get 75k IU Vit A NATURALLY (plus because of your multi-vit and other fruits/veggies, you'll get the other 25k as well for a total of 100k IU Vit A. In addition I think some meats contain the retina or retinol form of Vit A directly (w/o the need for your body to convert. So maybe even just two sweet potatoes on top of your diet & multi-vit will get you enough of the accutane-type Vit A)

The nice thing about food supplements vs pill supplements is that you don't have to worry about toxicity since you're eating it in natural form and you're eating a variety AND it makes you full so it they work great as in-btwn meal snacks or even meals by themselves!

4. Curcumin/Tumeric
5. Borage Oil capsules (for GLA, but can u get this from a good combined Omega 3/6/9 pill?)
6. Saw Palmetto
7. Evening Primrose Oil
8. Boswellic Acid (saw on some boards this is good)

9. Krill Oil (not too sure about this one, take others first...seems to have similar workings as fish oil?)

So we boiled all that down to about 8 things (and some quick dos/donts) and the great thing about it is that the first FOUR (multi-vit, fish oil, food, curcumin/tumeric) are widely used and/or have been used for centuries w/o ill effect for most, so you can consider them safe & natural. And from all the research people have done on this thread, it seems that the next three (borage oil (may combine w/ fish oil pill), saw palmetto, evening primrose oil, and boswellic acid) have proved too beneficial to avoid, so I may do those too.

Any opinions, suggestions, pointers, and also answers to the questions embedded in this post would be very helpful. And I hope this helps synthesize this thread for someone who doesn't want to or doesn't have the time to read through it all. Note, however, I have not included any of the natural estrogens since I'm a male and I think I should avoid going that far in my acne-regimen, plus I haven't researched that enough.

Good luck everyone!

Edited by nanotech, 18 December 2010 - 07:14 PM.

#112 tree23

tree23

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 December 2010 - 10:08 AM

QUOTE (nanotech @ Dec 17 2010, 10:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know you are waiting for someone else's response, but I read you entire posts so here is mine!! I just added what I had to say into your post..

I am taking NO supplements, medications, vitamins, nothing at all. I feared that any one thing that's not "natural" may cause acne and ruin my on-going diet-testing/experimenting.

Me too! I am not ready to add anything in yet, but I have been reading about vitamins and stuff for a while. I'd say I'm in similar shoes.

I really am miserable right now because of my diet, can't eat SOOOO many things, but I'll do what it takes to get behind this once and for all.
I am interested to know what your diet is like right now? I mean I know you said you don't eat gluten, dairy, and soda, but what is a typical day of eating like for you? I realize we're discussing supplements here, but its hard to consider the supplements without knowing what you're already getting from diet! And I'm also sad when I see someone miserable because of restricted diet, so maybe I could give you some recipe ideas.

I am going to try daily meditation as well. Do it! This will make you feel so good.

What do you think? I feel that you might suggest getting individual vitamins and starting that way.
I wouldn't recommend buying individual vitamins. When you eat them, you usually get them in combinations. A lot of vitamins compete, so when you take a single vitamin that one gets an advantage and then you can become deficient in the ones they compete with.

I am also erring towards just getting all those vitamins through fruits & veggies, that would be my preferred method. All natural, not cooked, not even boiled/steamed, just raw & pure.
Thats my number 1 recommendation for doing it!! Well, the fruits and veggies part. You should eat some raw every day, but you don't need to avoid cooking entirely. The only cooking methods I avoid with vegetables is boiling and heating in the microwave. I wouldn't be afraid of steaming or sauteeing in olive oil or coconut oil every now and then. Its easy to get sick of raw veggies, and adding in some cooked veggies here and there will keep things interesting.

Also, how important is detoxing/colon cleansing?

The only kind of detoxing I do is with juices - I use things like cilantro and lemons. If you don't have a juicer, you can get a health food store to make you a juice and add whichever detoxing thing you want. Lemon juice is a good liver detoxifier. Another way of getting the juice is to make a cup of green tea, let it cool off a little so its just 'warm' but not hot, and add fresh lemon juice. Every now and then I will drink that every morning for a week or so. Using a straw so the juice doesn't touch my teeth.

Those vitamin/herb/oil lists are verrrry long. I don't know what to recommend, since I don't know what you eat. I know the first (and probably only) supplement I'm going to buy soon is Vitamin D. It is impossible to get enough sun to make it lately. Even if its sunny, its too cold for me to stay outside! and I'm in florida hhahaha. So if you're any farther north than that, you could probably use vitamin D too.
eusa_angel.gif

#113 nanotech

nanotech

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 December 2010 - 03:16 PM

yeah those posts are very long aren't they? Sorry about that. I did try to summarize them too, but it seems as if the summary itself is longer than about 90% of posts on here! lol

Wow we are in similar shoes, that's good. Somebody to take the journey along with me.

I just posted my avg diet in a separate thread (title has something about starving and avoiding sugar), you can see my first post and my latest response to get a full picture.

The thing with fruits and veggies is that even if you eat "enough"...it may not be "enough" for an individual person because that person may be severely deficient in one vitamin or the body doesn't easily store that vitamin or something.

I've been thinking of starting Vit D first too. I barely get any sun.

After that I am thinking about doing Niacin because it seems to have worked for many and I do have just a bit of a cholestrol problem (nothing serious at all, doc didn't even prescribe me a supplement like Niacin for it!).

I already drink two cups of green tea per day on avg, I don't feel detoxified though. I want to go through a rigorous detoxification. I'm willing to suffer for it, xmas is coming up and I'll have a few days off so i can use them for that (in case I need to go to the restroom 100x a day or something, lol). I feel that once I do that I might feel better and maybe be able to eat normally too.

I feel that maybe I am not really allergic to all those things but that they feed the "bad" bacteria in me and cause me to breakout. I feel that once I go through a thorough detox that most of the "bad" bacteria will be gone and I'll be able to eat a little more normally again.

I feel that I accumulated all the bad stuff in me and need to take it out. I used to eat anything and everything like there was no tmw. I'm talking about pizza, pasta, chocolates (like 3 bars a day if I wanted to), cakes, anything. It didn't matter to me I seemed to not gain weight and I worked out and it was alright except for the acne (which I felt was age-related at the time). That's why i feel that once I detox and then just eat in moderation (basically stick to my diet but be more lenient), then I'll be alright.

What do you think\?

#114 nanotech

nanotech

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 January 2011 - 10:55 PM

Can somebody please try to answer the questions embedded in the two posts above by me? Especially the vitamins one?

I want to know what you think about the certain vitamins that I'm still uncertain about (all indicated in post).

Thank you!

#115 Florin

Florin

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 April 2011 - 10:11 AM

QUOTE (SweetJade1980 @ Sep 13 2004, 01:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Still working on this, but for those interested:

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>Natural Anti-Androgens & DHT Inhibitors</span>

Hi!

Saw Palmetto, Pygeum (works the same as Saw Palmetto) and Nettles (as Saw Palmetto) are based on the same active nutrient (for anti-androgens effect), Beta Sitosterol?

In other words, if you take supplements with Beta Sitosterol (high concentration), it is like the these 3 plants? Or is it better to administrate every plant (in supplement form, of course)?

Green Tea is more beneficial to concentrate extract (EGCG), or green tea (naturaly form)?

#116 fakeplasticgirl

fakeplasticgirl

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 24 May 2011 - 04:03 AM

Has anyone had significant success with Saw Palmetto?

#117 lllhhk

lllhhk

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 09 June 2011 - 09:33 PM

Uh, I tried everything on this list and it DID NOT work. I'm sorry to disappoint but I placed such high hopes on everyone of the supplements mentioned. It just sucks when they don't work.