3 replies to this topic

#1 NortheasternUgrl

NortheasternUgrl

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 September 2004 - 02:58 PM

Hi
I just started up college again (it's my 2nd year), and I've been under a lot of emotional as well as physical stress.... I have also been drinking and partying a lot. My face has been really clear lately, (been on dans regiment for 8 months). I think I only have 1 pimple now. But practically the day after I moved back to school my chest and back broke out worse then ever. I was just wondering if stress and or drinking might have anything to do with the increased break outs??? The reason I think it might be the cause is that I didn't drink at all during the summer and also was under minimal stress. I have been using Neutrogena body scrub as well as natures cure body spray (2% SA).... It helps a little but not very much... I don't know what to do.. it makes me so self conscious. Sigh... any suggestions would be great..  bb_eusa_pray.gif  

#2 paranoid

paranoid

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 September 2004 - 03:40 PM

I've been under a lot of stress lately, like my heartbeat looks like a racing car engine. The love of my life traded me for an idiot and i simply don't know how to live.
At the same time, i never had my skin this bad. It only adds up to my sadness...

#3 SteveBrown

SteveBrown

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 September 2004 - 05:13 AM

A small amount of ethyl alcohol, 1 milliliter, equivalent to about half a teaspoon of vodka, has a tranquilizing effect and helps prevent cardiovascular disease. The human body is equipped to metabolize a small amount of alcohol, but most people, when they drink alcoholic beverages, consume far more than that, an amount that is actually toxic. That's why being drunk is known as being intoxicated. Your body must fight to rid itself of the toxin, and that is a sytemic stress that can weaken your immunity.

I read an article about sleep researchers who found that 6 hours or less of sleep a night tends to cause insulin resistance and cravings for sweet, high-carbohydrate snacks, which tend to cause acne. The optimal amount of sleep, for good health and relief of stress, is 7 to 8 hours.

In addition to the dietary approaches advocated in other posts on this message board, I recommend that you join an aquatics program. The exercise of swimming will burn excess calories and stabilize your metabolism. Exercise-induced endorphins help to relieve stress. Also, prolonged (30 minutes to 1 hour) immersion in chlorinated water sanitizes the skin, helping to prevent acne.

I realize you're young and probably feel immortal, but when you get older, you'll look back on these times and wonder how you ever managed to survive all that partying. wink.gif

#4 Keats

Keats

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 September 2004 - 02:52 PM

QUOTE (NortheasternUgrl @ Sep 12 2004, 02:45 PM)
Hi
I just started up college again (it's my 2nd year), and I've been under a lot of emotional as well as physical stress.... I have also been drinking and partying a lot. My face has been really clear lately, (been on dans regiment for 8 months). I think I only have 1 pimple now. But practically the day after I moved back to school my chest and back broke out worse then ever. I was just wondering if stress and or drinking might have anything to do with the increased break outs??? The reason I think it might be the cause is that I didn't drink at all during the summer and also was under minimal stress. I have been using Neutrogena body scrub as well as natures cure body spray (2% SA).... It helps a little but not very much... I don't know what to do.. it makes me so self conscious. Sigh... any suggestions would be great.. bb_eusa_pray.gif

I am not sure about drinking.. I drink a lot and that does not seem to influence my skin.

Stress is a major factor in a lot of health problems, so try to minimize that one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users