Photo

Body Wash Suggestions?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 JJB85

JJB85

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 November 2011 - 08:41 PM

Does anyone have a suggestion for a gentle body wash that is compatible with The Regimen? I use the acne.org products but I don't love using the face wash on the rest of my body.

Any suggestions? Or even, what to look out for (ingredients to avoid, etc.) in a body wash?

I'm looking for something relatively inexpensive like Dove or another readily available drugstore brand.

Thanks so much!

Edited by JJB85, 18 November 2011 - 08:41 PM.

#2 mikee08

mikee08

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 November 2011 - 04:52 PM

Cetaphil Body Wash, best gentle wash out there.

#3 sosweet21

sosweet21

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 January 2012 - 09:49 PM

If you have body acne, try using head and shoulders.

#4 Ripon10

Ripon10

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 January 2012 - 12:45 PM

I would stay way from any body wash with real heavy perfumes in them. Check that fragrance isn't one of the top ingredients. I always buy the milder ones like Olay or Dove for my girls, but I'm interested to hear what others recommend.

#5 riceballinafruitsbasket

riceballinafruitsbasket

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:05 PM

I like Panoxyl 10%, at least for my back/chest.

#6 Vanbelle

Vanbelle

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 26 January 2012 - 01:24 PM

Body wash tends to contain much more irritants, perfumes, dyes and chemicals because chest/back tends to be more resilient to those chemicals. However, if you have acne, it's not a good idea to use these commercial body washes.

I'd suggest continuing use of the face wash on the chest and back; everything else you can use a normal body wash for, unless you have breakouts elsewhere. If that bothers you...hm...I don't know, tough cookies? I mean, I don't particularly like applying a 4-step regimen every night and spending hundreds of dollars on products, but if it gets the job done, well it's worth it. Make sense? If it's not worth it to you, then just use regular body wash and keep the breakouts. Pretty cut and dry cost-benefit analysis.

BTW, face wash is essentially a gentle body wash. It's probably the best thing you can do for any chest/back problems.

Cetaphil Body Wash, best gentle wash out there.

I'd believe this.

#7 Vanessa Chris Nielson

Vanessa Chris Nielson

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 February 2012 - 10:09 AM

Agreed on the facewash for other acne-prone areas. I use Dove bar soap for sensitive skin on the rest of my body, and you won't find a soap much milder than that, but I still use my face wash (Neutrogena fresh foaming cleanser) for my face, shoulders and upper back. I wouldn't say the bar soap is particularly irritating to my acne-prone areas but I've experimented and they are definitely better controlled if I stick to an acne cleanser.

Also, while I don't use Cetaphil personally if you are really set on finding an all-in-one body wash I'd take up Mikee08 on his suggestion. The Cetaphil brand has one of the better reputations out there: http://www.acne.org/...phil&item_name=

#8 justmeandmyacne

justmeandmyacne

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:47 PM

I use Nutrogena Body Clear...It comes in a scrub or gel and has grapefruit or non-scented. It works well and has kept my body acne under control....I also scrub my body with a sea sponge...I get them at WalMart...it hurts at first, if you scrub too hard, but that also helps open the pores...