1) I run hot water in the sink and soak a washrag in it, then lay it on my face, I usually do this 2 or 3 times to try to open my pores up some.
2) I wash my face with a benzoyl peroxide 10% (the strongest there is) face wash. I use clean and clear cause that was the cheapest at Walmart but I assume any facial cleanser with 10% benzo peroxide would work just as well.
3) I wait until my face drys completely (usually while I brush my teeth, hair, get dressed, etc) then swab my face with alcohol cleansing pads a few times until I see no more oil on them.
4) I use a benzoyl peroxide (10%) cream on my nose, cheeks, and chin
If I can get away with not wearing any foundation I really try to do that but if I have to wear any I just use a tinted moisturizer with an spf 15 in it.
1) Every other day, right after my shower, when my pores have hopefully been steamed open by the hot water, I exfoliate using a really great sugar scrub I found. This isn't any "gentle micro bead" scrub, its a harsh hard sugar scrub and it takes the top layer of skin off something fierce. I love it but it may be too much for some. I am pretty sure any kind of exfoliant will work here, whatever is safe for your skin type but I go all out.
2) after the sugar scrub, or on days that I don't exfoliate, I do this first, I wipe my face off with the alcohol pads until I see no oil on them.
3) I wash with the benzoyle peroxide (10%) wash
4) Every other day (same night as exfoliate), after my face dries completely (I usually do other things for about 5 minutes to give it time to dry) I use my secret weapon and the thing I think makes the HUGEST difference in my pores and on my face. I use a lactic acid (20%) lotion which was a prescription from my dermatologist. It can be extremely harsh and even I notice a little irritation if I use it every night which is why I only use it every other night. I use this stuff on lots of parts of my body (it made the soles of my feet as smooth as a baby's after about a week of applying it every night!) It is a freaking miracle cream and I LOVE it.
So that is my regimen and it has made a HUGE difference in my pores. I wish I had taken close up before and after pics so I could show you guys the change in the last month I have been doing this but I didn't think to before i started. Just take my word for it, my skin looks better than it has my entire life. I have a much more even skin tone, smaller/ less noticeable pores, and a lot less oil and blackheads. I hope this helps someone out there! Good luck!
Edited by jennymae1984, 17 November 2011 - 12:39 AM.