Photo

Chemical Peels (Mainly Tca) And Shallow Scars.

tca acne accutane peel scar cure clear clean help chemical peel

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
34 replies to this topic

#21 DainBramaged

DainBramaged

a

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 December 2011 - 03:38 PM

4 days after peel and i'm only partially peeled, skin is a little red in some areas. where i did 5 layers on my cheeks has not started peeling yet, neither has my forehead... thank god i have cute hats i can wear to work!

i'll post pics once it's completely peeled, hopefully by the end of this week. i ordered the glycolic peel today, they say it's best if you do glycolic peels in between tca peels so you get the most out of the tca. i'm going home for xmas in about 2 weeks and i could play it safe doing a glycolic before then but i think i'd like to do another tca... maybe only 1 layer since the down time for this peel with multiple layers is long. depends on how well my skin heels by next weekend.
*i did only 1 layer of the tca on my neck & chest, i got very minimal flaking that i almost didn't notice. i had a few small blemishes on my chest and they're completely gone and my chest is smooth.

How is your skin going?
meh

#22 mooninja

mooninja

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 8
About Me

Achievements

Posted 10 December 2011 - 06:34 PM

i'll post pics on monday. skin from peel has 98% flaked off but my skin is a little dry so i've been using moisturizer and jojoba oil. i can tell a difference and even people i work with have been coming up to me commenting on how they can tell too. i had a couple small pimples pop up on the side of my face and on my chin, i did spot treatment with glycolic and that pretty much killed them. i think i'll be doing another peel mon or tues, still haven't decided between the glycolic or tca.

#23 DainBramaged

DainBramaged

a

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 December 2011 - 06:42 PM

i'll post pics on monday. skin from peel has 98% flaked off but my skin is a little dry so i've been using moisturizer and jojoba oil. i can tell a difference and even people i work with have been coming up to me commenting on how they can tell too. i had a couple small pimples pop up on the side of my face and on my chin, i did spot treatment with glycolic and that pretty much killed them. i think i'll be doing another peel mon or tues, still haven't decided between the glycolic or tca.

Were you able to go to work after 2-3 days? Do you think I could do this peel on my own, without any previous experience? Does it contain a tutorial or something?
meh

#24 faizalj19

faizalj19

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 December 2011 - 09:50 PM

Hey,

What's up everyone? I am just wondering how many of you have used TCA peels for your shallow scars and got results from it. I am talking about any results even 5%. Posted Image I would like to know where you got the peels and what percentage it was. Maybe even how many times that you applied it. I would also like to know if the results last.

I was looking at the MUAC testimonials and it looks like TCA peels can be pretty good on shallow scarring. I am not sure if I can believe the photos though.

What do you guys think?

Any response is greatly appreciated.

I had TCA done by Tony Chu. From memory, I had 8-10 TCA sessions at 4-5 weekly intervals. I also had some needling using a Dermastamp. I think I got around 50% improvement with Dr Chu. The problem I was not getting any more gains which is typical of TCA. You tend to get very good results to start with, and the gains become less and less as you go along. I finally stopped when I felt I was not getting any further results. So, in answer to your question, I believe TCA is fantastic on shallow scars based on my own personal experience. I would be scared to apply it myself as I think Dr Chu used a very high concentration of 90/100% so he is very experienced at what he does, but its scary as bad things can happen too. Typically, he would use a toothpick object and enter the TCA into the shallow scars. He typically left it on for about a minute and then applied the prep solution. I got like a frosted effect which would last for about 3-4 hours and then my skin became red and scabbed etc.

I hope that helps.

#25 mooninja

mooninja

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 10 December 2011 - 10:11 PM

Were you able to go to work after 2-3 days? Do you think I could do this peel on my own, without any previous experience? Does it contain a tutorial or something?

I did my peel on a thurs night, went to work friday (no one could tell i had a peel done but I wasn't wearing makeup which was noticeable). on monday my face was starting to peel around my mouth and i pretty much peeled all week. i didn't miss any work, i did wear a hat for 2 days tho. the majority of people i work with know i've been battling w/ this and some of the ppl i work with are kinda hoity toity and get work done so it didn't bother me. however, i didn't really go to any public places other than work or food drive thrus for a few days ../../..//public/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.png

i have had a lot of chemical peels done professionally over the past 5+ years and as long as you're good a following directions, there's no reason why you couldn't do this yourself at home. i almost think when you get the peels done professionally (esp at a derms office) they don't use a strong strength, this way you'll see some results & will have to keep coming back and paying them more $. i would recommend starting off with a low % and working your way up, even with all the peels i've had i played it safe and went with a 12.5%.

#26 DainBramaged

DainBramaged

a

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 December 2011 - 04:17 AM

I did my peel on a thurs night, went to work friday (no one could tell i had a peel done but I wasn't wearing makeup which was noticeable). on monday my face was starting to peel around my mouth and i pretty much peeled all week. i didn't miss any work, i did wear a hat for 2 days tho. the majority of people i work with know i've been battling w/ this and some of the ppl i work with are kinda hoity toity and get work done so it didn't bother me. however, i didn't really go to any public places other than work or food drive thrus for a few days ../../..//public/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.png

i have had a lot of chemical peels done professionally over the past 5+ years and as long as you're good a following directions, there's no reason why you couldn't do this yourself at home. i almost think when you get the peels done professionally (esp at a derms office) they don't use a strong strength, this way you'll see some results & will have to keep coming back and paying them more $. i would recommend starting off with a low % and working your way up, even with all the peels i've had i played it safe and went with a 12.5%.

Well, that's more than a week time for the peeling to be over. I saw a video on YouTube and I couldn't go to any public place with a face like that. I guess I will have to do this in holidays. Thank you for your info, now I'm trying to find a website to buy a 12.5% TCA peel from...
meh

#27 Pord

Pord

Order and Progress

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 December 2011 - 03:18 PM

Hey,

What's up everyone? I am just wondering how many of you have used TCA peels for your shallow scars and got results from it. I am talking about any results even 5%. Posted Image I would like to know where you got the peels and what percentage it was. Maybe even how many times that you applied it. I would also like to know if the results last.

I was looking at the MUAC testimonials and it looks like TCA peels can be pretty good on shallow scarring. I am not sure if I can believe the photos though.

What do you guys think?

Any response is greatly appreciated.

I had TCA done by Tony Chu. From memory, I had 8-10 TCA sessions at 4-5 weekly intervals. I also had some needling using a Dermastamp. I think I got around 50% improvement with Dr Chu. The problem I was not getting any more gains which is typical of TCA. You tend to get very good results to start with, and the gains become less and less as you go along. I finally stopped when I felt I was not getting any further results. So, in answer to your question, I believe TCA is fantastic on shallow scars based on my own personal experience. I would be scared to apply it myself as I think Dr Chu used a very high concentration of 90/100% so he is very experienced at what he does, but its scary as bad things can happen too. Typically, he would use a toothpick object and enter the TCA into the shallow scars. He typically left it on for about a minute and then applied the prep solution. I got like a frosted effect which would last for about 3-4 hours and then my skin became red and scabbed etc.

I hope that helps.

You are talking about TCA cross, which I hear is decent too. Thanks for the post.

Thanks for the post.

Do you think this helped with your scars (shallow scars, not hyperpigmentation)?

Well, that's more than a week time for the peeling to be over. I saw a video on YouTube and I couldn't go to any public place with a face like that. I guess I will have to do this in holidays. Thank you for your info, now I'm trying to find a website to buy a 12.5% TCA peel from...

Let us know how it goes. MUAC looks like legit stuff. I have never used any of there stuff though.

#28 mooninja

mooninja

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 12 December 2011 - 03:54 PM

IMAG0386
Album: Scars
8 images
5 comments

4 days after peel and i'm only partially peeled, skin is a little red in some areas. where i did 5 layers on my cheeks has not started peeling yet, neither has my forehead... thank god i have cute hats i can wear to work!

i'll post pics once it's completely peeled, hopefully by the end of this week. i ordered the glycolic peel today, they say it's best if you do glycolic peels in between tca peels so you get the most out of the tca. i'm going home for xmas in about 2 weeks and i could play it safe doing a glycolic before then but i think i'd like to do another tca... maybe only 1 layer since the down time for this peel with multiple layers is long. depends on how well my skin heels by next weekend.
*i did only 1 layer of the tca on my neck & chest, i got very minimal flaking that i almost didn't notice. i had a few small blemishes on my chest and they're completely gone and my chest is smooth.

Yes, please post pictures. Thanks so much.

How is your skin going?

Just posted pics. I have to say I'm very pleased with the results. I'm glad I didn't go with a higher percentage even tho my skin could've probably handled it. I have about enough left to do another peel at 12.5%. I'll probably wait until Jan to do that but will be doing weekly or bi-weekly glycolics in the mean time.
~excited~

i did get some belmishes from the sunscreen i was using and if there's something stuck under my skin i NEED to get it out, that's where the new, really red marks came from Posted Image

#29 DainBramaged

DainBramaged

a

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 December 2011 - 03:59 PM

That's very nice! Does the depth, or at least the texture of your scars seem to have improved after the swelling was gone?
meh

#30 mooninja

mooninja

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 12 December 2011 - 07:33 PM

That's very nice! Does the depth, or at least the texture of your scars seem to have improved after the swelling was gone?

depth and texture both seemed to improve. i'm still hearing genuine compliments from people i work with that have really noticed the difference in the redness and said it doesn't look as "raw". i used to have 10-15+ cysts on my face at one time in aug, HUGE improvement from where i was then to now ../../..//public/style_emoticons/default/smile.png

#31 Natalie5511

Natalie5511

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 13 December 2011 - 08:14 AM

Wow mooninja, you have had some very good results off the 12.5 muac tca!!!! I was looking at this the other day, i was unsure if to get it as im not sure about doing it myself, although im slightly more confident after seeing your pics :)

#32 mooninja

mooninja

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 13 December 2011 - 10:46 AM

Wow mooninja, you have had some very good results off the 12.5 muac tca!!!! I was looking at this the other day, i was unsure if to get it as im not sure about doing it myself, although im slightly more confident after seeing your pics Posted Image

i highly encourage anyone to try it, if you have sensitive skin just remember to start out low. i've read A LOT of reviews online of people making stupid decisions doing these peels ie. "i have tough skin so i left it on for 30 mins and ended up getting 3rd degree burns so the product sucks". well the product doesn't suck as long as you follow the instructions and use discretion and nowhere does it say to leave it on any longer than 15 mins.

one of the things i liked most about the peel was i used it on my crows feet (didn't get close to my eyes) but they've improved a lot!

i did a 50% glycolic peel last night, one layer for 5 mins then a 2nd layer for another 5 on my cheeks. glycolics are nice because there's no down time, you can wear makeup and you can do them on a weekly basis. will post more pics in a week or 2, plan on doing another tca after the holidays.

#33 Pord

Pord

Order and Progress

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 December 2011 - 01:27 PM

depth and texture both seemed to improve. i'm still hearing genuine compliments from people i work with that have really noticed the difference in the redness and said it doesn't look as "raw". i used to have 10-15+ cysts on my face at one time in aug, HUGE improvement from where i was then to now ../../..//public/style_emoticons/default/smile.png

That is great! Keep us posted.

#34 mooninja

mooninja

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 17 December 2011 - 12:01 AM

i now understand why a lot of people recommend doing a few glycolic peels BEFORE doing a tca. i did my first glycolic almost a week ago and even tho after healing from the tca my skin appeared clear... glycolic brings stuff out of your pores you didn't even know you had. i had a little breakout a few days after doing the glycolic, it was annoying me so much i actually did another light glycolic last night (only left on for about a min). i literally had hard sebum plugs falling out of my pores where i'd normally have to push them a little to get them out. it's kind of remarkable i must say, but i'm pissed because this breakout has caused red marks on my lessened red marked skin from the tca. grrrr

i'll be doing the glycolic at least once a week until a week before i do another tca. i've read that most people have normally had a small breakout after starting the glycolics but after the 2nd or 3rd it'll subside. i'm putting castor oil on the red/swollen pimples (no cysts tho, just pimples) and it really helps reduce the swelling & redness.

*bonus of glycolic, if i start to feel a small pimple forming i'll spot treat with the glycolic and it'll get rid of it overnight! the thing is i need to catch it really early in order for it to work.

#35 Pord

Pord

Order and Progress

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 December 2011 - 07:26 AM

i now understand why a lot of people recommend doing a few glycolic peels BEFORE doing a tca. i did my first glycolic almost a week ago and even tho after healing from the tca my skin appeared clear... glycolic brings stuff out of your pores you didn't even know you had. i had a little breakout a few days after doing the glycolic, it was annoying me so much i actually did another light glycolic last night (only left on for about a min). i literally had hard sebum plugs falling out of my pores where i'd normally have to push them a little to get them out. it's kind of remarkable i must say, but i'm pissed because this breakout has caused red marks on my lessened red marked skin from the tca. grrrr

i'll be doing the glycolic at least once a week until a week before i do another tca. i've read that most people have normally had a small breakout after starting the glycolics but after the 2nd or 3rd it'll subside. i'm putting castor oil on the red/swollen pimples (no cysts tho, just pimples) and it really helps reduce the swelling & redness.

*bonus of glycolic, if i start to feel a small pimple forming i'll spot treat with the glycolic and it'll get rid of it overnight! the thing is i need to catch it really early in order for it to work.

Thanks for the reply and updates. How are your scars looking? Good luck with the red marks.