Photo

Chemical Peels (Mainly Tca) And Shallow Scars.

tca acne accutane peel scar cure clear clean help chemical peel

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
34 replies to this topic

#1 Pord

Pord

Order and Progress

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 November 2011 - 03:38 PM

Hey,

What's up everyone? I am just wondering how many of you have used TCA peels for your shallow scars and got results from it. I am talking about any results even 5%. Posted Image I would like to know where you got the peels and what percentage it was. Maybe even how many times that you applied it. I would also like to know if the results last.

I was looking at the MUAC testimonials and it looks like TCA peels can be pretty good on shallow scarring. I am not sure if I can believe the photos though.

What do you guys think?

Any response is greatly appreciated.

Edited by Pord, 18 November 2011 - 11:31 AM.

#2 Pord

Pord

Order and Progress

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 November 2011 - 12:16 PM

Anyone?

#3 Dazarooni

Dazarooni

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 November 2011 - 01:04 PM

Personally I've tried glycolic peels and TCA peels. In my own opinion, peels are not great for scarring but they're excellent for complexions.

I suppose it depends on just how shallow your scarring is. If it's very shallow scarring you have then repeated peels might help.

The best thing I've done for shallow scarring is dermabrasion but that's much more aggressive with longer downtime.

#4 Pord

Pord

Order and Progress

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 November 2011 - 02:54 PM

Personally I've tried glycolic peels and TCA peels. In my own opinion, peels are not great for scarring but they're excellent for complexions.

I suppose it depends on just how shallow your scarring is. If it's very shallow scarring you have then repeated peels might help.

The best thing I've done for shallow scarring is dermabrasion but that's much more aggressive with longer downtime.

Thanks for the reply. The majority of my scars are pretty shallow.

How much was the dermabrasion? Did you like it? Was it expensive?

#5 Dazarooni

Dazarooni

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 November 2011 - 07:59 AM

I had 'manual dermabrasion' where the surgeon used a scratch pad on my cheeks. The dermabrasion was only slighty more expensive than having 8 glycolic peels done at a clinic.

When I first started out on my acne scar journey some 6 years ago, I was unknowledgeable and jumped straight into chemical peels. I had 8 glycolic peels which were the biggest waste of time in my scar treatment experience to date.

Edited by Dazarooni, 17 November 2011 - 08:00 AM.

#6 Pord

Pord

Order and Progress

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 November 2011 - 10:01 AM

I had 'manual dermabrasion' where the surgeon used a scratch pad on my cheeks. The dermabrasion was only slighty more expensive than having 8 glycolic peels done at a clinic.

When I first started out on my acne scar journey some 6 years ago, I was unknowledgeable and jumped straight into chemical peels. I had 8 glycolic peels which were the biggest waste of time in my scar treatment experience to date.

I would only do a few glycolic peels I think. I would try to work my way up to the TCA peels if I go this route. Do you have a picture of your scars so I can see how "deep" they are?

Thanks.

#7 Dazarooni

Dazarooni

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 November 2011 - 10:28 AM

I had a few pictures of some scars on my old laptop but it's broken and this one is fairly new so don't have anything of use on this one.

Edited by Dazarooni, 17 November 2011 - 10:29 AM.

#8 Pord

Pord

Order and Progress

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 November 2011 - 10:42 AM

I had a few pictures of some scars on my old laptop but it's broken and this one is fairly new so don't have anything of use on this one.

Alright, thanks.

What percentage of TCA did you use? And how many times?

Thanks again.

#9 Dazarooni

Dazarooni

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 November 2011 - 11:31 AM

25% and then 40%

This was after I had finished with the glycolic peels.

I wouldn't recommend going that high, start low and see how your skin reacts.

#10 Pord

Pord

Order and Progress

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 November 2011 - 11:37 AM

25% and then 40%

Alright, thank you for the help.

#11 Pord

Pord

Order and Progress

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 November 2011 - 11:32 AM

25% and then 40%

With the peel did you see any results? Even like 10% (or 5%)? :)

#12 Dazarooni

Dazarooni

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 November 2011 - 11:46 AM

On my scarring, not really. Much of my scarring was deep.

As yours is shallow scarring then repeated pays may help a bit, but all in all in my own opinion, chemical peels are poor for acne scarring.

#13 Pord

Pord

Order and Progress

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 November 2011 - 12:15 PM

On my scarring, not really. Much of my scarring was deep.

As yours is shallow scarring then repeated pays may help a bit, but all in all in my own opinion, chemical peels are poor for acne scarring.

Thanks for the help. When I try the peels I will let you know how the results turn out.

Anyone else have any chemical peel advice?

#14 Pord

Pord

Order and Progress

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 November 2011 - 01:24 PM

bump?

#15 Pord

Pord

Order and Progress

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 November 2011 - 07:47 AM

oh please . . .

#16 mooninja

mooninja

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 8
About Me

Achievements

Posted 01 December 2011 - 11:21 PM

I don't have too much advice to give yet since I just did my first tca peel tongiht, but I'm excited to see what the results are. Even if it's minimal I'll be happy.
I've been suffering with cystic acne for the past 5+ years, I think i just kicked it in the butt and finally got rid of it but I'm left with all these scars & red marks. I took a bunch of pics tonight for my before pics.

The peel... I used a 12.5% from MUAC. I did A LOT of research online prior to make sure I could get the most out of this peel. I'm not new to chemical peels, I have an aesthetician I've been going to periodically over the past 2 years. She'd do microdermabrasion & a (or more than one) chemical peel. Not sure if she's ever done a tca on me before. But I've done glycolic, jessner, lactic before and they never really did anything for me. I researched the tca a lot and found that the best results for scars & red marks was the tca.

I did a test spot the other night on my jaw line on a couple marks I had, I did 3 layers until I got frosting then stopped. That was Sunday night and today it kinda started peeling. I decided to do 3 layers on my entire face and 5 layers on my cheeks which is where I had all my cystic acne, I also did one layer on my neck & chest (not even sure if that'll do anything cause it didn't even get red). My face actually frosted after the 2nd layer, mostly on my cheeks & forehead but I kept going on my cheeks. I have a high tolerance for face pain and I gotta say, the 2nd & 3rd layer were making my eyes water... although by the 4th and 5th layer I couldn't really feel anything anymore. I did the peel about an hour and a half ago and my face is barely even red anymore.

I've heard a lot of people don't experience great results with such a low peel, 12.5%, but I'd rather do a low peel and multiple layers/mulitple peels than do something really strong and screw up my skin. It seems like anything over 30% shouldn't be done at home, that's just from my online research of people posting their experiences.

Will update in a few days!

#17 Nightlilly89

Nightlilly89

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 December 2011 - 06:33 AM

i did a lot of peels a few year back, and over time it was thinning my skin so i stopped. the skin finally thickened back up, and hte scars are still there so I would be cautious. doing a peel once every few months probably wouldnt cause a problem, but dont go crazy, because its not worth it.

#18 Pord

Pord

Order and Progress

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 December 2011 - 07:33 AM

I don't have too much advice to give yet since I just did my first tca peel tongiht, but I'm excited to see what the results are. Even if it's minimal I'll be happy.
I've been suffering with cystic acne for the past 5+ years, I think i just kicked it in the butt and finally got rid of it but I'm left with all these scars & red marks. I took a bunch of pics tonight for my before pics.

The peel... I used a 12.5% from MUAC. I did A LOT of research online prior to make sure I could get the most out of this peel. I'm not new to chemical peels, I have an aesthetician I've been going to periodically over the past 2 years. She'd do microdermabrasion & a (or more than one) chemical peel. Not sure if she's ever done a tca on me before. But I've done glycolic, jessner, lactic before and they never really did anything for me. I researched the tca a lot and found that the best results for scars & red marks was the tca.

I did a test spot the other night on my jaw line on a couple marks I had, I did 3 layers until I got frosting then stopped. That was Sunday night and today it kinda started peeling. I decided to do 3 layers on my entire face and 5 layers on my cheeks which is where I had all my cystic acne, I also did one layer on my neck & chest (not even sure if that'll do anything cause it didn't even get red). My face actually frosted after the 2nd layer, mostly on my cheeks & forehead but I kept going on my cheeks. I have a high tolerance for face pain and I gotta say, the 2nd & 3rd layer were making my eyes water... although by the 4th and 5th layer I couldn't really feel anything anymore. I did the peel about an hour and a half ago and my face is barely even red anymore.

I've heard a lot of people don't experience great results with such a low peel, 12.5%, but I'd rather do a low peel and multiple layers/mulitple peels than do something really strong and screw up my skin. It seems like anything over 30% shouldn't be done at home, that's just from my online research of people posting their experiences.

Will update in a few days!

Thanks for the reply. Let me know how it goes. Do you have any pictures?

i did a lot of peels a few year back, and over time it was thinning my skin so i stopped. the skin finally thickened back up, and hte scars are still there so I would be cautious. doing a peel once every few months probably wouldnt cause a problem, but dont go crazy, because its not worth it.

What type of peels did you do? Do you have any pictures that I could see to get an idea on what your scars looks like? It would help a bunch. Thanks.

#19 mooninja

mooninja

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 8
About Me

Achievements

Posted 05 December 2011 - 11:30 PM

4 days after peel and i'm only partially peeled, skin is a little red in some areas. where i did 5 layers on my cheeks has not started peeling yet, neither has my forehead... thank god i have cute hats i can wear to work!

i'll post pics once it's completely peeled, hopefully by the end of this week. i ordered the glycolic peel today, they say it's best if you do glycolic peels in between tca peels so you get the most out of the tca. i'm going home for xmas in about 2 weeks and i could play it safe doing a glycolic before then but i think i'd like to do another tca... maybe only 1 layer since the down time for this peel with multiple layers is long. depends on how well my skin heels by next weekend.
*i did only 1 layer of the tca on my neck & chest, i got very minimal flaking that i almost didn't notice. i had a few small blemishes on my chest and they're completely gone and my chest is smooth.

#20 Pord

Pord

Order and Progress

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 December 2011 - 09:36 AM

4 days after peel and i'm only partially peeled, skin is a little red in some areas. where i did 5 layers on my cheeks has not started peeling yet, neither has my forehead... thank god i have cute hats i can wear to work!

i'll post pics once it's completely peeled, hopefully by the end of this week. i ordered the glycolic peel today, they say it's best if you do glycolic peels in between tca peels so you get the most out of the tca. i'm going home for xmas in about 2 weeks and i could play it safe doing a glycolic before then but i think i'd like to do another tca... maybe only 1 layer since the down time for this peel with multiple layers is long. depends on how well my skin heels by next weekend.
*i did only 1 layer of the tca on my neck & chest, i got very minimal flaking that i almost didn't notice. i had a few small blemishes on my chest and they're completely gone and my chest is smooth.

Yes, please post pictures. Thanks so much.