150 replies to this topic

#121 crystalized

crystalized

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 7
About Me

Posted 06 April 2013 - 12:09 PM

Great results and determination. Truly inspirational stuff!

You are probably now at the stage where dermarolling and individual needling at home would suffice. See what your derm thinks, though.

#122 billybob2020

billybob2020

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:33 AM

Awesome results dude.

#123 Acnefina

Acnefina

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:32 AM

Good improvement

#124 Greg098

Greg098

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:44 AM

Uploaded a recent photo of myself and updated my first post on page 1 with before and after photos and more information about what im planning to do now.

Thank you to everyone who has left comments. It means a lot to me because when I first started, I honestly thought I was doomed to have bad skin for the rest of my life and it has helped me massively to know that I wasnt alone and people understood what I was going through so thank you :)

Attached Thumbnails

• photo (1).JPG

#125 maclas

maclas

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:17 PM

How much % improvement from when you started treatment Gregg?

#126 Greg098

Greg098

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:58 AM

How much % improvement from when you started treatment Gregg?

As of present, about 90% improvement. The only issues I have now is some pitted scarring. This was not fixed by subscision or co2 lazer. Im getting another co2 lazer as my doctor thinks it will reduce them so they wont be noticeable. Will wait and see the outcome.

#127 Binga

Binga

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:16 PM

since u are in australia why don't you combine recell with ur co2 laser.

#128 Greg098

Greg098

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:38 PM

since u are in australia why don't you combine recell with ur co2 laser.

location. this procedure isnt available in my city and any cities close to me. 

#129 schmoond

schmoond

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:10 PM

You look great! I'm so excited that you found something that works for you. and I can't wait to see how your next laser goes! It definitely gives me hope. Also, question: did any of your scars vanish completely?

#130 Greg098

Greg098

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:46 AM

You look great! I'm so excited that you found something that works for you. and I can't wait to see how your next laser goes! It definitely gives me hope. Also, question: did any of your scars vanish completely?

YES! a lot of my scars have vanished from the first laser. When I first got laser, they all vanished for a week but then all returned as my skin healed. within the next few months, a lot of them faded and vanished. A lot of the shallow scars are gone completely.

#131 schmoond

schmoond

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:04 AM

Oh my goodness, I can't tell you how wonderful that is to hear! Thank you so so much for letting us take this little journey with you Greg! (:

#132 Greg098

Greg098

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:24 AM

Just a quick update with photos.

I just had another DeepFX and Herbal laser on a little part of my face. The area was next to my eyes. I posted a few photos 2 hours after the procedure. It's still a bit painful but not too bad.

He injected local anesthetic into the area and then used the laser. procedure took about 2 minutes.

Attached Thumbnails

• ssss.png
  • ssssss.png
  • sssssssssss.png

#133 feds91

feds91

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 May 2013 - 11:37 AM

hey man.. in your opinion, is "subcision" the best treatment for rolling scars?

#134 Quirky Fox

Quirky Fox

Up Through The Ashes

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Avid researcher of the science behind scars and their treatments. 2013 is my year to beat my scars once and for all!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 07:23 AM

Greg I am so happy for you! You look fantastic and I can only imagine the confidence boost! Thank you for having the courage to not give up and to share your experience with us. The hardest part is behind you! xx

#135 betterdays89

betterdays89

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Music, song-writing, reading/learning/discovering, nature (hikes in the mountains, long walks), creativity, documentaries, good conversation, compassion, social justice

Posted 20 May 2013 - 07:28 PM

Greg, you are my hero. Seriously, your perseverance, patience and courage is an example to all of us :)  Keep on being amazing, we're all rooting for you!

#136 Greg098

Greg098

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:36 PM

hey man.. in your opinion, is "subcision" the best treatment for rolling scars?

@feds91 - Subcision is mainly for rolling scars. laser DOES NOT get rid of rolling scars as lasers need a smooth surface to work on. Rolling scars make your face unsmooth so its pointless doing laser until you have a even surface to work on. Subcision worked great on my scars (I had extreme rolling scars) and I got good results. Be prepared to wait a long time for results. I was expecting results straight away and it was heartbreaking after my first subcision to have all my scars come back, but I am a strong person and refused to let my scars control me! After 5 subcisions, I felt like I didn't need to do anymore. This was about 2 years ago. I look back on the time when I got subcision and it seems like a dream. It was not a pleasant experience but it felt like the only option to help me get rid of my acne scars. Here is some of the stuff I experienced:

* The injections of the local anaesthetic into your face hurt A LOT. You need about 10 needles in your face before he starts.
* As he is doing it, your face starts bleeding. I ruined a few shirts. The blood goes everywhere, in your hair and all over your face.
* Complications can happen like accidently hitting near your eye with the needle (which happened to me and I was unable to see for a while) and your body going into shock and you cant stop shaking and crying (also happened to me).
* After the procedure, your face is sore but bearable. The next day you will bruise really badly.

* I was put on Antibiotics for my treatment which my body hated. Many sides effects like stomach aches and always needing to go to the toilet. This happened everyday and lasted up until 6 months after my last subcision. I would say this is the worst part about getting subcision.

* I went back to work almost straight after getting this procedure done. I had bruises all over my face but I didnt care. About a week later, I put make up on to cover the remaining bruising. 

So in conclusion, I do recommend subcision but only if you have mentally prepared yourself for it.

@Quirky Fox - I didn't realise I had a confidence boost until recently when I realised I don't think of myself so negatively like I use to. This is all because I no longer feel ugly. 

@Betterdays86 - Thank you. means a lot :)

UPDATE: It's been about 3 weeks since I had co2 laser on my right side next to my eye. The area affected was healed just after a week (It took over 2 weeks to heal when I had co2 full face laser last year) so it shows that my skin is much quicker at healing now (which I think is a good sign). The area is still a bit pink but no pain or anything. I go and see my doctor in about 3 more weeks to discuss getting my other side done and he will look how well the laser worked.

#137 Quirky Fox

Quirky Fox

Up Through The Ashes

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Avid researcher of the science behind scars and their treatments. 2013 is my year to beat my scars once and for all!

Posted 01 June 2013 - 11:56 PM

You truly are an inspiration, don't doubt that for a moment! It's people like you that have the brains to know what's best for you and the courage to go out and fetch it that go far! I am honestly excited for you, I hope that your improvements continue to come! xx

#138 aser0225409

aser0225409

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:playing sports,singing,dancing,piano,watching movies,running,and reading

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:38 PM

you sir are the strongest person I know

#139 Greg098

Greg098

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 June 2013 - 04:08 AM

It's been about 6 weeks and the area that I had co2 laser on has completely vanished. Can I see an improvement? YES!

HOWEVER

The rest of my face is still improving from the whole face laser I got done last October. As my doctor said, you will see improvement over time. I had this procedure done over 8 months ago and I am still seeing improvements.

I will not EVER get another co2 full laser done on my face again. I plan to do section by section now as its easier to manage (and a lot cheaper!!!)

#140 Theng

Theng

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 August 2013 - 12:32 AM

Hi There. i think fat transfer & dermal tranplant will improve your type of scars, and the result are PERMANENT.

Fat transfer:

04052011ok.jpg

dermal transplant :

acne+scar+dermal+graft+%E7%97%98%E7%96%A

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users