161 replies to this topic

#41 jacno

jacno

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 30 January 2012 - 10:30 PM

Thanks for keeping us updated Greg, your skin looks way better. I was wondering if you still plan on getting a fraxel after? Or will you be satisfied with the subcisions? Fraxel has alot of risk of what I read... Anyways im sure I can speak for everyone when we all hope you bang alot of chicks now that your skins improved so much

#42 Coppedsynergy999

Coppedsynergy999

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 31 January 2012 - 01:51 AM

Good job staying so motivated. Things are looking up for you man. Have you considered some type of retinoid? Maybe some tazarac would help with the extra stuff. I heard some people like it.

#43 SLSL

SLSL

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 February 2012 - 09:00 PM

The fact that you're just and only doing subcision for your scars and you've gotten so much improvement is amazing. Think of how they'll look with fillers! Nobody will even notice you had deep scarring. I don't understand why a couple of people said they see no improvement, there is definitely marked improvement! And I believe they'll only continue to get better as your skin regenerates itself. Look into taking some supplements for extra healing. I love this thread. Thanks for posting! :)

#44 Pord

Pord

Order and Progress

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 February 2012 - 07:42 AM

The fact that you're just and only doing subcision for your scars and you've gotten so much improvement is amazing. Think of how they'll look with fillers! Nobody will even notice you had deep scarring. I don't understand why a couple of people said they see no improvement, there is definitely marked improvement! And I believe they'll only continue to get better as your skin regenerates itself. Look into taking some supplements for extra healing. I love this thread. Thanks for posting! Posted Image

^ Agreed, this is a solid thread.

#45 allex

allex

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 February 2012 - 11:18 AM

Hi Greg, thanks for sharing with us your journey, and especially those photos. I can see that you are trying to show the real improvement as much as you can, which we really appreciated. And from the last photo, you are right about the 80% improvement, and I am so happy for you.

I have severe scarring, almost the exact same type as you do. When I saw your first photo, I can totally relate to how you feel! I probably have all the procedures done that are available during the past ten years, I am only listing some expensive ones here:

microdermabrasion (multiple, $1000+) - of course didn't work. didn't know much about that back then.
Collagen injection ($800) - no result as soon as swelling subsides
fillers ($3000 + over time) - they might have help somewhat, but really nothing dramatic
dermabrasion ($1500) - painful, long downtown, not sure about improvement at all
Isolagen ($4000) - expensive, and not sure about the results. least value for money!
TCA-CROSS ($2000, 6 sessions) - probably the best thing I have done. Filled many deeper icepicks
Profractional ($2000, 3 sessions) - no visible improvement whatsoever

Right now, I am still heavily scarred, mostly with rolling scars as you do. In bad lighting, my face looks like crap, like a endless wavy mountain, which makes me want to cry. From your experience, I thought subcision may work for me as well? The unfortunate thing is that not many doctors want to do it. They all love to recommend lasers, because it is easy money and they don't have to do much!

What I am most concerned about is the down time, as I work full time. How many days after treatment you can't go out and meet people? When can you apply some concealer? When are the bruises become untoniceable (under aggressive treatment). You seem skilled in putting make up, and may I ask what you were using? You know as a guy, you don't want people to see you are "wearing" something on your face!

Thanks again for this thread. Did I mention you look a LOT better?

#46 Greg098

Greg098

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 February 2012 - 12:09 AM

It is 2 days before I get my 5th subscision treatment. I will upload a before and after photo in the next couple of days.

My face is still scarred but its not very noticable now. In some lighting it still looks bad but NOTHING like how it use to look. A lot of the deep scarring and indents are now gone. There is only small ones now (which the doctor did say would happen). My doctor aimed for the big ones first and once they are gone, he will work on the smaller ones.

@jacno - Yes I still plan on getting fraxel because I still have some small red dots on my face. They do not appear in the photos and they are probably the worst part about my face at the moment. They are on my left side of my face on my cheeks and next to my eye.

@allex - It sounds like you have tried EVERYTHING! I first tried microdermabrasion and was guaranteed really good results. After spending about $2000, I realized this wasnt helping at all. It did remove some of my scars but nothing really worth all that money for. It turns out that they just wanted my money.
I work in retail with 30+ hours a week so downtime for me was also an issue. I spoke to my work about what I wanted to do and they were very accepting about it. The worst treatment was the first and I would recommend at least 2 weeks off work because the bruising was very bad. After every treatment, your face adapts to it and it gets easier. I also found covering it with make up works excellent. I can now manage to have the procedure and go back to work the next day but cover my face with make up. It's still noticable but no one pays attention.
What I find strange about getting this procedure done is my confidence seems to be lifted when I have bruises on my face. I can walk into places and everyone just stops and looks at me. It's a very weird feeling. I seem to worry more about people looking at me for having scars on my face then having bruises on my face so go figure lol
As I said, the more times you get it, the more you are prepared for it. Using make up is not hard. I had a friend of mine show me how to use the make up and it was simple. You can apply make up the next day without any problems. However if you have a black eye (like I did - turn back to page 2) then you cant cover that, but as I said, no one really notices or cares. Everyone has been totally supportive of me wearing make up and even having bruises all on my face. I told them why and they were excited for me and wanted to know more. The support I got was amazing - not just from people I work with, but with customers.

#47 Pord

Pord

Order and Progress

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 February 2012 - 07:31 AM

It is 2 days before I get my 5th subscision treatment. I will upload a before and after photo in the next couple of days.

My face is still scarred but its not very noticable now. In some lighting it still looks bad but NOTHING like how it use to look. A lot of the deep scarring and indents are now gone. There is only small ones now (which the doctor did say would happen). My doctor aimed for the big ones first and once they are gone, he will work on the smaller ones.

@jacno - Yes I still plan on getting fraxel because I still have some small red dots on my face. They do not appear in the photos and they are probably the worst part about my face at the moment. They are on my left side of my face on my cheeks and next to my eye.

@allex - It sounds like you have tried EVERYTHING! I first tried microdermabrasion and was guaranteed really good results. After spending about $2000, I realized this wasnt helping at all. It did remove some of my scars but nothing really worth all that money for. It turns out that they just wanted my money.
I work in retail with 30+ hours a week so downtime for me was also an issue. I spoke to my work about what I wanted to do and they were very accepting about it. The worst treatment was the first and I would recommend at least 2 weeks off work because the bruising was very bad. After every treatment, your face adapts to it and it gets easier. I also found covering it with make up works excellent. I can now manage to have the procedure and go back to work the next day but cover my face with make up. It's still noticable but no one pays attention.
What I find strange about getting this procedure done is my confidence seems to be lifted when I have bruises on my face. I can walk into places and everyone just stops and looks at me. It's a very weird feeling. I seem to worry more about people looking at me for having scars on my face then having bruises on my face so go figure lol
As I said, the more times you get it, the more you are prepared for it. Using make up is not hard. I had a friend of mine show me how to use the make up and it was simple. You can apply make up the next day without any problems. However if you have a black eye (like I did - turn back to page 2) then you cant cover that, but as I said, no one really notices or cares. Everyone has been totally supportive of me wearing make up and even having bruises all on my face. I told them why and they were excited for me and wanted to know more. The support I got was amazing - not just from people I work with, but with customers.

Greg, what are the red dots from that you are talking about?

#48 Luiza

Luiza

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 February 2012 - 05:56 PM

Hey, thanks for keeping us updated...I'm looking forward to see the results after your 5th subcision! Good luck!!

#49 Greg098

Greg098

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 February 2012 - 04:05 AM

Greg, what are the red dots from that you are talking about?

Here is a better photo under different light. You can see the red areas more clearer

Attached Thumbnails

• red dots.jpg

#50 Greg098

Greg098

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 February 2012 - 04:20 AM

Here is a photo of before my 3rd subscision and before my 5th subscision (now) with no flash and under the same lighting. As you can see, there is a big improvement.
I will upload more photos after my 5th subscision tomorrow!

Attached Thumbnails

• noflash.png

Edited by Greg098, 05 February 2012 - 04:21 AM.

#51 Greg098

Greg098

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 February 2012 - 05:18 AM

Had my 5th subscision today. It went REALLY bad. My bigger rolling scars are now gone so he is focusing more on the smaller scars now, which means he uses more local anaesthetic needles (so im sure you can imagine the pain haha). He poked me in the face about 20 times. I think because he used so much local anaesthetic, my body didnt like it.
As he started using the needle in my face, I started to shake then i was dropping in and out of consciousness. Its basically all a blur. As he finished, I was still shaking, felt like I was going to spew, my head was racing. I had massive sore eyes and couldnt see or talk. I could not walk as I was still falling in and out of consciousness. I had to rest for about 30 minutes before I was able to get up. As I got up, my body reacted by making me cry, which I could not stop. It was my bodys way of reacting with the massive shock of what just happened. I was given an icepack for my face because I needed it! 6 hours later, parts of my face are still a little bit bleeding. This is probably the worst experience of my life, but I guess this is what I must go through to get a good face.
I am due for my 6th subscision in April. I am sure after this experience and the amount of work he did on my face, I should see a lot of results.

I uploaded some pictures of my face as it looks right now.

Attached Thumbnails

• SUR.jpg
  • SUR1.jpg

#52 Coppedsynergy999

Coppedsynergy999

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 07 February 2012 - 04:20 PM

Hows it going. You ok dude?haha. Your face looks soo swollen man. Damn it almost looks like a hematoma. Hope everything is going ok. On the bright side though I cant even see your scars at all now in the pic on the right. Ice n rest.

#53 Greg098

Greg098

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 February 2012 - 09:51 PM

Hows it going. You ok dude?haha. Your face looks soo swollen man. Damn it almost looks like a hematoma. Hope everything is going ok. On the bright side though I cant even see your scars at all now in the pic on the right. Ice n rest.

My face is still very swollen. Just taking it easy. Thankfully I took 2 weeks off work this time haha. My face has no scars at all after I get subscision. Once the swelling and bruises go, a couple of weeks later they do come back. Then they will fade again.

#54 Coppedsynergy999

Coppedsynergy999

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 07 February 2012 - 10:31 PM

Try the suction method

#55 readytosmileagain

readytosmileagain

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:12 AM

I absolutely see a difference - yes, you still have scars but scars dont EVER completely disappear. I think there is a HUGE improvement and I think you should keep moving forward and getting to the place where YOU are really happy... No one understands what it feels like to have serious scarring on your face.. I get you, i get your pain and i get your determination to work hard to get to a place where YOU are happy...

Edited by readytosmileagain, 08 February 2012 - 10:22 AM.

#56 oopli

oopli

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 February 2012 - 08:22 PM

Had my 5th subscision today. It went REALLY bad. My bigger rolling scars are now gone so he is focusing more on the smaller scars now, which means he uses more local anaesthetic needles (so im sure you can imagine the pain haha). He poked me in the face about 20 times. I think because he used so much local anaesthetic, my body didnt like it.
As he started using the needle in my face, I started to shake then i was dropping in and out of consciousness. Its basically all a blur. As he finished, I was still shaking, felt like I was going to spew, my head was racing. I had massive sore eyes and couldnt see or talk. I could not walk as I was still falling in and out of consciousness. I had to rest for about 30 minutes before I was able to get up. As I got up, my body reacted by making me cry, which I could not stop. It was my bodys way of reacting with the massive shock of what just happened. I was given an icepack for my face because I needed it! 6 hours later, parts of my face are still a little bit bleeding. This is probably the worst experience of my life, but I guess this is what I must go through to get a good face.
I am due for my 6th subscision in April. I am sure after this experience and the amount of work he did on my face, I should see a lot of results.

I uploaded some pictures of my face as it looks right now.

I always thought subcision was a minor procedure but that sounds intense. I have the money to get any procedure i want but i cant take time off work! :\

Edited by oopli, 11 February 2012 - 08:22 PM.

#57 Greg098

Greg098

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:05 AM

Heres a photo from 2009 and late last year after 4 subscision treatments. (YOU HAVE TO OPEN UP THE IMAGES AND STUDY THEM TO SEE THE DIFFERENCE) As you can see by the photos, I still have some rolling scarring but a lot has been reduced especially around the chin area. Also my skin seems alot more smoother and more healthy now then before.

Since this photo, I have had another subscision and due to have my 6th in April. My face is still bruised so I am unable to take more recent photos.

As time goes on, my face is improving. It has been 8 months since I first started getting subscision and my face is improving all the time. It's a long journey but I will get there in the end!

Attached Thumbnails

• picccccc.png

Edited by Greg098, 22 February 2012 - 03:09 AM.

#58 Nightlilly89

Nightlilly89

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 February 2012 - 06:46 PM

Do you plan on going through scar treatments till it looks close to perfect? When do you say you're done? This is a question ive been asking myself personally also, as when I get improvement I always want more.

#59 Greg098

Greg098

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 February 2012 - 08:53 PM

Do you plan on going through scar treatments till it looks close to perfect? When do you say you're done? This is a question ive been asking myself personally also, as when I get improvement I always want more.

That is a very good question and I don't know the answer to that. I believe that when I am happy to a point where people (and I) don't notice that I had acne scarring is when I will stop.

#60 Nightlilly89

Nightlilly89

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:19 AM

Same here. Do you think you ever need more than 2 months in between so many subcisions to give the skin a break? I'm wondering if injuring it so frequently so often can be a bit too agressive? I mean I really don't know.. but I've heard collagen can still grow up to 3-6 months after in tiny incraments. And lastly, do some scars seem to not be responding anymore?

3 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users