Photo

Does Anyone Else Have Problems W/ Nuts?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
28 replies to this topic

#1 vapor1

vapor1

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 November 2011 - 12:56 AM

Through experimentation, i've pretty much concluded that any nut gives me problems, raw or not. It seems like they should be pretty healthy. It's not the O6, because I just had small amounts.
Clear as long as I stick to Paleo - lots of meats, vegetables, healthy fats, and small amounts of fruit. Supplements: CLO/ fish oil, Mg, vit. D3, vit. E.

#2 captainsunshine

captainsunshine

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 November 2011 - 03:52 AM

I had an IgG test, and the results showed I had a few different nut intolerances. The test I had only checked various nuts, but just to be on the safe side I avoid them completely.

Edited by captainsunshine, 13 November 2011 - 03:53 AM.

Keep meat lean, and juices green...

#3 borie88

borie88

Getting there

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 November 2011 - 07:50 AM

i'm allergic to all of them =/ they're so good!
-Accutane twice - Worked for a little while, then it all came back. NOT WORTH IT! Read the Accutane research post (Including mine) to see how Accutane can screw up someone's body and even cause acne itself.
-Differin, EpiDuo, BP. Tazorac, BHA, AHA - have used all of these at some point but never been more than 90% clear with any.
-As of Nov. 2010 - Stay away from too many carbs, especially high GI carbs. We were made to eat raw foods, not anything from a box! Eat grassfed meats!
-Trying to heal my gut with L-Glutamine, Zinc, and a lower-fat diet. Also trying iodine/selenium supplementation for thyroid.

#4 Luisa

Luisa

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Posted 13 November 2011 - 10:22 AM

I have problems with nuts as well, every single time I have tried eating nuts for a period of time then I end up with more spots and more inflammation. I don't think i'm allergic to it I think it has to do with the ability of them to lower my estrogen levels.
My Regimen:

Diet:
Low fat, Moderate carbs, estrogenic boosting diet, green smoothies.

Supplements
P-5-P 50mg

Topical:
Morning:
Oatmeal-honey-vitaminb6 mask, rinse with water after 30 mins.
Night:
Very short wash with oatmeal soap at night. Topical vitamin C(homemade serum with war honey).
Spot treat with tea tree oil or zinc oxide ointment.

#5 chunkylard

chunkylard

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 November 2011 - 11:17 AM

Nuts are a pretty common allergen, especially tree nuts. Also they have high amounts of Omega-6s, with the exception of Macadamia nuts. I'd try macadamias and see how you react to it.
After suffering with acne since age 11, finally found my triggers 11 years later.
Clear for almost 1 year & in control of my acne, although due to some hyperpigmentation, I believed I was still breaking out. In fact, I thought I had just cleared up a few months ago, but after realizing my "breakouts" were simply scarring I also realized I was technically clear for much longer than I thought. Rare breakouts only whenever I get lazy with my diet.

The Cure for Acne:
-Avoid the Acne Trifecta: Soy, Gluten, and Dairy like the plague.
-Eat a Low-GI diet and avoid Sugar.
-Eat lots of protein and healthy fats (ANTIBIOTIC FREE/NO HORMONES ADDED/FREE RANGE/HUMANELY SLAUGHTERED)
-Get lots of green vegetables and sunshine.
-Supplement whenever possible. Due to how much we've ruined food in the past 60 years, the amount of nutrients found in food nowadays is lower than it was decades ago.
-Exercise, get sunshine, and avoid stressful situations.
-Don't fear food. Go out & eat. It's not good for the skin, but it's good for the soul.

#6 vapor1

vapor1

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 November 2011 - 02:32 PM

^ It's probably an allergy then. I take fish oil, so a 1/4 cup or so of walnuts or almonds shouldn't be a big deal in terms of o6.
Clear as long as I stick to Paleo - lots of meats, vegetables, healthy fats, and small amounts of fruit. Supplements: CLO/ fish oil, Mg, vit. D3, vit. E.

#7 moonbase

moonbase

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 November 2011 - 03:09 PM

I take fish oil, so a 1/4 cup or so of walnuts or almonds shouldn't be a big deal in terms of o6.

LOL - Nothing like balancing some rancid immunosuppressive omega 3's with some gut damaging omega 6 - what a recipe for success.
Comments:
No acne, nearly invisible scars, and happy as can be. Thanks to fraxel and diet. Now i'm here to help others.

#8 borie88

borie88

Getting there

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 November 2011 - 04:20 PM

I take fish oil, so a 1/4 cup or so of walnuts or almonds shouldn't be a big deal in terms of o6.

LOL - Nothing like balancing some rancid immunosuppressive omega 3's with some gut damaging omega 6 - what a recipe for success.

Did you have to be a jerk about your opinion of a bad diet?
-Accutane twice - Worked for a little while, then it all came back. NOT WORTH IT! Read the Accutane research post (Including mine) to see how Accutane can screw up someone's body and even cause acne itself.
-Differin, EpiDuo, BP. Tazorac, BHA, AHA - have used all of these at some point but never been more than 90% clear with any.
-As of Nov. 2010 - Stay away from too many carbs, especially high GI carbs. We were made to eat raw foods, not anything from a box! Eat grassfed meats!
-Trying to heal my gut with L-Glutamine, Zinc, and a lower-fat diet. Also trying iodine/selenium supplementation for thyroid.

#9 moonbase

moonbase

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 November 2011 - 04:27 PM

Did you have to be a jerk about your opinion of a bad diet?

Sure bud. Wouldn't you find it funny if someone was at mcdonalds claiming to be on a diet?
Comments:
No acne, nearly invisible scars, and happy as can be. Thanks to fraxel and diet. Now i'm here to help others.

#10 borie88

borie88

Getting there

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 November 2011 - 04:29 PM

I don't think its the same thing here, chief. You know everything there is to know about everything right?

#11 moonbase

moonbase

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 November 2011 - 04:32 PM

I don't see that it's different -- Doing things that are contrary to a desired goal.

Edited by moonbase, 13 November 2011 - 04:32 PM.

Comments:

#12 vapor1

vapor1

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 November 2011 - 04:34 PM

well, they obviously are working. W/o fish oil, I break out on my back. They also contain vitamin E to prevent rancidity.

#13 moonbase

moonbase

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 November 2011 - 04:43 PM

They are rancid in production. Well you're suppressing your immune system - so sure they will work. Spiro, accutane, and anti-biotics also "work"... Why not just consume some shellfish, and fish - Real whole foods that have a multitude of other benefits for your health.
Comments:

#14 leighbrack2

leighbrack2

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 November 2011 - 08:39 PM

Nuts in general are very hard on the digestion. It is ideal to soak them if you choose to eat them as they contain phytic acid (inhibits absorption of vital nutrients) and enzyme inhibitors. When you soak them in water overnight you remove these inhibitors and reduce the phytic acids so that you can break them down easier. It is probably best though to avoid nuts if you have digestive issues or eat them in moderation as they are hard on the digestion.

#15 fakeplasticgirl

fakeplasticgirl

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 November 2011 - 01:00 PM

I never really understood the deal with nuts... I eat almonds and macadamia nuts mostly, and don't seem to have any problems with them. But I always read such contradicting information on them that I'm not sure if I should cut them out altogether?...

#16 chunkylard

chunkylard

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 November 2011 - 01:04 PM

Macadamias are fine (and taste the best of any nut in my opinion.) Almonds are a bit more problematic. Walnuts have an insane amount of omega 6s so I steer clear.
After suffering with acne since age 11, finally found my triggers 11 years later.
Clear for almost 1 year & in control of my acne, although due to some hyperpigmentation, I believed I was still breaking out. In fact, I thought I had just cleared up a few months ago, but after realizing my "breakouts" were simply scarring I also realized I was technically clear for much longer than I thought. Rare breakouts only whenever I get lazy with my diet.

The Cure for Acne:
-Avoid the Acne Trifecta: Soy, Gluten, and Dairy like the plague.
-Eat a Low-GI diet and avoid Sugar.
-Eat lots of protein and healthy fats (ANTIBIOTIC FREE/NO HORMONES ADDED/FREE RANGE/HUMANELY SLAUGHTERED)
-Get lots of green vegetables and sunshine.
-Supplement whenever possible. Due to how much we've ruined food in the past 60 years, the amount of nutrients found in food nowadays is lower than it was decades ago.
-Exercise, get sunshine, and avoid stressful situations.
-Don't fear food. Go out & eat. It's not good for the skin, but it's good for the soul.

#17 vapor1

vapor1

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 November 2011 - 06:10 PM

^ walnuts also have a lot of omega 3s though. For some reason they broke me out though... I've had macadamias before, though I don't remember if they caused any problems and I'm scared to eat more nuts

#18 pinkslorg

pinkslorg

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 November 2011 - 07:32 PM

I have problems with almonds, both raw and roasted. I'm too scared to try other nuts too.

#19 LiveLaughFart

LiveLaughFart

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Achievements

Posted 30 November 2011 - 11:07 PM

If I eat a lot of nuts I will breakout but if I just have a handful, I dont breakout
I'm serious.

#20 elfgirl

elfgirl

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 December 2011 - 07:02 AM

I do. Any kind of nut breaks me out so bad on my neck I look like I have a terrible case of chicken pox! Doesn't matter what I do, soak or not they destroy my skin. Elf