Photo

Tri Sprintec (Generic Ortho Tri Cyclen) For Acne?

tri sprintec birth control acne ortho

3 replies to this topic

#1 evesinkiewicz

evesinkiewicz

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 November 2011 - 11:33 AM

Hey, so I have mild to moderate acne with cystic ance along my jawline and chin area (I get a lot around the time of my period, but I still get some when I'm not). I'm starting my 4th month of Tri Sprintec today. I had a TERRIBLE initial breakout for the first 2 months, but last month my acne was pretty typical. This hasn't done anything noticable to help my acne, but it's stopped making it worse. For you, did this eventually clear anything up and how long did it take to see results?

Thanks!

#2 SavedByGrace1

SavedByGrace1

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 16 November 2011 - 07:19 AM

As soon as I finished Accutane (I had yaz at that time) I switched to Tri-sprintec because it was cheaper. My acne came back after 6 months of clear, and I continued to take it for about 3 years still fighting stubborn acne. So therefore, that brand didn't help me...but I just finished my first pack of my new pill "syeda"...which is a generic for Yasmin...and still taming the IB..

#3 calichica

calichica

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 December 2011 - 07:54 AM

From the first day I started it, my acne basically disappeared and I stopped breaking out. I get about 2-3 pimples a month now, whereas before I got a new breakout every couple of days. On month three.

#4 libyaa

libyaa

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 January 2012 - 12:03 PM

the first day i took it i didn't develop anything new for...a month or two, and now it's back to how it used to be :/
i have severe cystic acne and have for years and years...
but it did work in the beginning.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users