Thoughts To Help You Stop Picking

4 replies to this topic

#1 SoaringButterfly16

SoaringButterfly16

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 November 2011 - 06:45 PM

remember that the acne is temporary and with persistance and treatment it will go away and will go away with minimal to no scarring if you DONT pick. If you do pick the scars are PERMANENT !

So temporary is a million times better than permanent! Please keep this in ,mind

Also I would like to mention that the 30 day challenge is intimidating. TO overcome this intimidation I have come to this thought:
ok so the long term goal is 30 days pick free Right! and u guys are thinking OMG how am I going to do 30 days with zits on my face? lol atleast thats what I thought

So yes 30 days is the long term goal (intimidating isn't it?)
Short term goals don't seem that difficult to achieve
Like 1 Day pick free is a short term goal (seeming easy enough to achieve)
ok u made it through day 1 :) thats awesome !!! .....next short term goal ? Make it through 3 days!!! seems easier after u have made it through day 1 :)
Ok so u make it to day 3 ... Super awesome ! whats the next short term goal? 7 days pick free.... Come on you've made it to 3 days ... you are almost half way to the next goal of 7 days!
SO u have made it through 7 days! fantastic and empowering. At day 7 u are 1/4 the way through the challenge and u have already achieve so much :)

Currently I'm on day 9... my next goal is day 14! I already made it through 1 full week.... lets go for 2 weeks pick free! That would put us at half to our long term goal of 30 days!

I hope this makes sense to u guys! It has really been helpful to this of it this way. Stay strong and remember the results that are ahead of u. Everyday that u don't pick is an accomplishment! This how good u feel after day1, day 3, day 7, ect..... imagine how wonderful u will feel after 30!

#2 organtic

organtic

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 November 2011 - 11:53 PM

Why do people say exfoliating twice a week is good but picking isn't?

#3 SoaringButterfly16

SoaringButterfly16

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 November 2011 - 11:00 AM

Why do people say exfoliating twice a week is good but picking isn't?

picking is damage to the skin and promotes bacteria and infection...
whereas, exfoliating removes dead cells from the surface of the skin... exfoliating isn't always good because it promotes irritation and can damage new cell growth if done too roughly or too often

#4 PaulH85

PaulH85

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 11
About Me

Posted 15 November 2011 - 07:20 PM

Currently I'm on day 9... my next goal is day 14! I already made it through 1 full week.... lets go for 2 weeks pick free! That would put us at half to our long term goal of 30 days!

I hope this makes sense to u guys! It has really been helpful to this of it this way. Stay strong and remember the results that are ahead of u. Everyday that u don't pick is an accomplishment! This how good u feel after day1, day 3, day 7, ect..... imagine how wonderful u will feel after 30!

Awesome, well done. Keep going! Posted Image

I'm at the end of day two not picking.

I shaved today as well and this is the first I've ever shaved and not picked my skin or popped pimples afterwards. Shaving means time in front of the mirror and under my harsh bathroom lighting, everything always looks worse than it is. That freaks me out and usually respond by trying to, "make it better". Posted Image
I have aface mask which I used sometimes and I decided to apply it after I shaved. That actually turned out to be a good idea becaue it meant I couldn't see the redness of my skin which makes pimples a bit more prominent for a little while. Because I couldn't see it, I couldn't get to it and pick. So, officially end of day two without picking.

This is only the second time I've tried go go without picking. As someone who pops every pimple and picks anything and everything several times a day, it's really hard. I'm not going to pressure myself to hit targets, just go one day at a time. If I can make it to a week, should be able to get to two. By that point, everything would be calming down anyway so there would be less to pick, I would have already started to break the cycle of causing my acne to carry on due to me spreading it through picking, and the positive cycle of healing will replace the self-inflicted negative one. It's the only way because I know that leaving my skin alone is going to be the key thing which clears it.

I wish I'd been on these boards or had some around way back at the start to point out the error of my ways in terms of how I was treating my skin. Perhaps then it wouldn't have become such a habit, of which I'm actually going to have to go cold turkey in order to break. But, it's never too late. Posted Image

Edited by PaulH85, 15 November 2011 - 07:20 PM.

Thoughts become words
Words become actions
Actions become habits
Habits become character
Character becomes destiny
It is time to change my destiny

You look like a guy I banged once.

#5 SoaringButterfly16

SoaringButterfly16

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 November 2011 - 12:09 PM

a couple days over 14 days and I picked today ../../..//public/style_emoticons/default/sad.png but only one. One that wasn;t ready just red and kinda sensitive without a whitehead. I put my fingers on it with a little bit o pressure and BAM! it erupted all over ../../..//public/style_emoticons/default/sad.png didn't poke or prod it anymore (normally i would've) So after 2 weeks pick free with my skins condition improved by alteast half even tho I'm dealing with pimples all over my face. I just hope that this doesn't lead to too much damage (right between my eyebrows) .... ugh I was doing soooo good. Been on the regimen for 3 weeks maybe 4 and I have been using BP for 1 week. I plan to wash the lesion, ice it, BP it, poly it, then try to cover with make up.

My skin still hates me.... and I'm not too pleased about this or myself at the moment. A welll, hopefully lesson learned .... Starting today day 1! ../../..//public/style_emoticons/default/sad.png I can do this got half way last time.... going all the way this time! Already so much closer to clear.....

I'm at the end of day two not picking.

I shaved today as well and this is the first I've ever shaved and not picked my skin or popped pimples afterwards. Shaving means time in front of the mirror and under my harsh bathroom lighting, everything always looks worse than it is. That freaks me out and usually respond by trying to, "make it better". Posted Image
I have aface mask which I used sometimes and I decided to apply it after I shaved. That actually turned out to be a good idea becaue it meant I couldn't see the redness of my skin which makes pimples a bit more prominent for a little while. Because I couldn't see it, I couldn't get to it and pick. So, officially end of day two without picking.

This is only the second time I've tried go go without picking. As someone who pops every pimple and picks anything and everything several times a day, it's really hard.

I don't shave cuz i'm a chick but I know exactly what you mean... I do tweeze my eyebrows and I have found that it is often a trigger to picking cuz of being soo close to the mirror and can seee everything!!!

I too was and hope to never again be a person who pops every pimple and picks anything. I still get that urge to everyday 2x .... usuallly when I do the regimen and as long as i stay away from a mirror when i dont have make up on its good for me.

Question for the ladies out there..... Do u also find that tweezing your eyebrows seems to trigger picking?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users