blackheads spots redmarks blemishes rosacea

1 reply to this topic

#1 ToxicRose

ToxicRose

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 November 2011 - 09:53 PM

Hello everyone, this is the first time I have ever wrote on a forum so I don't now what response I will get xD. Anyway, I have suffered from spots since I was 11 and i'm currently 19 (20 in January); allthough my spots aren't really that bad they have flared up now and then over the past 8/9 years and it really pisses me off. Half the time when I was in school I would get yellow heads just spring up on me at awkward moments such as when I was giving presentations (maybe that part was due to stress but I used to have yellow heads spring up even when I wasn't stressed or worried about anything). I would say spots have affected my life because i'm a really paranoid person aswell so when I have spots, I feel like everyone is looking at me and judgeing me etc etc. I think also spots have stopped me from getting a girlfriend (cheesy I know xD), but every girl that I have fancied over the year has had blemish/spot free skin so obviously they don't want to date me (or maybe they're just shallow =.=). Over the years I have tried many remedies and cures, the ones that I can recall are : Zineryt, Clearasil facewash/cream, Proactive (ripoff), Oxytetracycline and Anhydrous benzoyl peroxide cream; with the oxytetracycline and ABP cream, my spots did ease up for like a month or so but it's like my body has become immune to them and the effects have stopped working. Is there anything that you may have tried which has given you better effects or got rid of your spots all together? Also, some spots on my face I can't explian, they look like spots but it's like they're trapped under my skin and they have been there for 3 months. Could this be Rosacea?

Also, I am at University now, and it makes me really paranoid and annoyed because when I have spots, I tend to hide my face (because of paranoia) by walking with my head down and just talking to my old friends from college and I get annoyed because I seem to be the only person in the University that has spots/blackheads w.e. Thanks in advance. Oh and I am a male btw xD

TL:DR.... I hate spots and I need a fucking cure xD

#2 AyeAye

AyeAye

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 30
About Me
  • Interests:Boxing, cycling, reading, learning to speak french (tres mal), public speaking, bush walking/hiking, chocolate - well actually food in general, and perfect skin.... gazing admiringly at people's perfect skin.

Achievements

Posted 10 November 2011 - 07:13 AM

You've mentioned that you've used BP in the past, but I have had amazing success following Dan's regimen. I'm up to week 8 or 9 now and i'm completely acne free for the first time in over 15 years. I would encourage you to read up on it on the home page and give it a shot.

All the best of luck at uni.

After remaining clear for around 1.5 years following DKR (The Regimen), in March 2013 I decided to change to Epiduo.  I use a pea size amount of epiduo each night, followed by a layer of topical antibiotic (Eryacne). I also apply Eryacne every morning and moisturise twice a day. After switching to Epiduo from the regimen I found that it took a good 3 months to get back to being perfectly clear again and now I might get one small pimple appear per month.  I can live with that smile.png

I started following Dan's Regimen in September 2011 after suffering with acne for 20 years or so. I followed the Regimen instructions exactly and became 100% clear within 9-11 weeks. In December 2011 and after being consistently clear for over a month, I started to slowly reduce the amount of BP I used until I was only applying BP at night. My skin still remained clear however I sometimes switched to applying BP twice a day for a few days (perhaps once a month) if I felt a few under skin bumps starting to come up. I used acne.org products (including AHA and jojoba oil) and sometimes cetaphil moisturiser at night if I felt my skin was especially dry.  In the gallery I show my week by week progress following the regimen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users