Photo

Doxycicline+Differin+Digestive Enzimes+Holistic (Pics Incl)

calcium paleo aha alpha hydroxy acid red mark

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
56 replies to this topic

#21 gems2889

gems2889

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 16 November 2011 - 04:31 PM

I don't know I did not pay for them my insurance cover most of my non cosmetic treatments.

Edited by gems2889, 16 November 2011 - 04:31 PM.

#22 rice-boy

rice-boy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 November 2011 - 05:17 PM

Sorry about your gallbladder, bro. If its completely missing i suggest you do liver cleanse everyday with herbs. Good ones are milk thistle and burdock root.

#23 Chestercool

Chestercool

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 November 2011 - 09:27 AM

Sorry about your gallbladder, bro. If its completely missing i suggest you do liver cleanse everyday with herbs. Good ones are milk thistle and burdock root.

thx for worrying :D i gotta admit, i feel normal without a gallbladder

Day 15

two weeks has gone so fast. On wednesday i had a friends birthdat, his mom cooked fried chicken wings with potatoes, when i arrived to m house like six hours later, i saw a imflammed zit close to my mouth, it doesnt hurt anymore but it doesnt become into a head, that pisses me off =/

I have to admit, these ten days werent as good as the first week. Also, the more I read, the more i realize diet and acne are closely connected, and a healthy diet should be enough to cure it.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/685/dsc02707ge.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/685/dsc02707ge.jpg/

these pictures were took this morning, I'd say it was better 9 days ago. The good thing is, my forehead is clear now. I wonder why my forehead and nose, which are the places that are oily, dont get any pimple...

#24 Chestercool

Chestercool

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 November 2011 - 12:49 PM

DAY 18

wow....today i had sex at 10:00, slept for an hour, just woke up at 2:00 and im feeling a bump. I must not forget at 7:00 i saw that area irritated, but didnt felt anything, so weird, maybe its just coincidence. These days i've been getting small whiteheads which are nothing serious, this is the first imflammed one i get in the weak, damit!

The other day i felt bad, when my girlfriend told her 8 year old sister that se loves me and she said "why you love him if he has this kind of red marks". I gotta admit, that comment hurt really bad, i dont want to be mean but shes kind of idiot and not well behaved child, i guess she had to find a default to contradict what her sister told her. Ignorant people have bad behaviour, heres a clear example, tomorrow she has division exam and she didnt know the multiplication table, i guess there's her karma haha. Well, i understand her, and im not gonna try to get revenge, i'll give a piece of advice to my girlfriend based on the book "how to win friends" by Dale Carnegie, so she learns that table correctly :)

Also, today im starting lactobionic peels, i want my red marks to be lighter for the december 9 (my graduation). Im kind of nervous, i hope the peels dont make my skin too flaky and cause no irritation, im gonna do 5 sessions of 20% concentration, every session its costing around 22.8 $, more than 100 $ in total. i hope this is the last imflammed pimple i get. I'll post pics on saturday.

The more research I do, the more i realize just diet can cure acne, its really hard for me to go gluten free, for now, the only source of gluten i get is whole wheat bread, 1 per day, and whole wheat pasta i eat every the other day. I found a healthy source of caarbs: sweet potatoe, now my mom is making them a lot, the perfect carb to build some muscle at the gym.

Now i gotta remember my inspirying phrase: "Pursuing the succes", it makes me feel so better!! :)

#25 Chestercool

Chestercool

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 November 2011 - 09:34 PM

DAY 25

hey!! its been a week!! i've been getting a pimple over here and over there, today i got 2 small ones, i think its because yesterday i had lunch outside, even thought i ate just the red meat, chicken some wite rice and salad, im suspecting carrots break me out....

im not getting imflammed as hell pimples as 1 month ago, but if you see my face is getting more red marks, hopefully it stops, i'd like to be clearer for my gradutation, two weeks left for it, lets trust in the lactobionic peel

active pimples: 1 and two small whiteheads, if they dont turn into pustules

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/830/dsc02710ep.jpg/

Edited by Chestercool, 26 November 2011 - 09:38 PM.

#26 gems2889

gems2889

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 28 November 2011 - 07:54 AM

aye nino your skin looks good :) lol.

#27 Chestercool

Chestercool

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 December 2011 - 05:56 PM

DAY 31 - SUCCES!!!!!!
i have great news, Hopefully i've found the cure to this damn illness. I've dedicated many hours of research to acne and mostly digestion. In fact, stomach/gut inflammation is the cause of it, overfunction of the liver, allergies/intolerances and of course, teen's crazy hormones. Anyways, whats better to balance hormones than a good diet Posted Image

Thee days i noted that my forehead and nose aren't that oily as it used to be. Iwas really surprised when i woke up today, stay an hour watching tv and sew that my face wasnt oily whatsoever. Also, i havent gotten more pimples, just a minor one close to my right temple, absolutly nothing to worry about. In adition, the lactobionic peel is working good, it helps the skin regenatory function better.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

this is the fruit salad i made today, it was delicious, i hate that since the idiot president of my country (evo morales) has been elected, fruit is now kind of expensive

Posted Image

Edited by Chestercool, 01 December 2011 - 05:56 PM.

#28 Brown Spots

Brown Spots

Acne Battler

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 01 December 2011 - 06:18 PM

Well I'm glad that you figured out what caused your acne. And about your graduation maybe consider some concealer. Don't over think it, I usually use some when special events come up. But I don't think it should bother you to much, your red marks. Anyways good luck on staying acne free!

#29 Chestercool

Chestercool

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 December 2011 - 05:55 PM

Well I'm glad that you figured out what caused your acne. And about your graduation maybe consider some concealer. Don't over think it, I usually use some when special events come up. But I don't think it should bother you to much, your red marks. Anyways good luck on staying acne free!

hey!! thanks for passing by!!

when i was just getting acne i coudnt accept it and started using some make up, as my lack of knowledge it was comedogenic, i guess that was one of the factors i used to get more spots. I live in bolivia, and the mineral make up here is not common at all, i tried my sisters once and it was too obvious. Quality non-comedogcenic make up is not sold here. in my country people is quite mind-closed, people like me who uses V-neck is considered gay by many, had they known its italian fashion they woudnt think like that... just imagine if they see a guy with make up! hahaha

pd: its not MY cause of acne, its everybody's,

#30 Brown Spots

Brown Spots

Acne Battler

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 03 December 2011 - 08:29 PM

Okay well I was just letting you know about make-up or consider it. But okay now I know I guess. Anyways I don't completely agree with your statement as there are several triggers that can cause acne. You did manage to find yours and I'm glad you did. Diet can help many but not everyone has the same results. So I don't want to start a debate, just wanted to put it out there.

#31 Chestercool

Chestercool

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 December 2011 - 10:12 AM

Okay well I was just letting you know about make-up or consider it. But okay now I know I guess. Anyways I don't completely agree with your statement as there are several triggers that can cause acne. You did manage to find yours and I'm glad you did. Diet can help many but not everyone has the same results. So I don't want to start a debate, just wanted to put it out there.

Thanks mate! I agree, i woudnt like to start a debate either, but believe me, this worsts a try, If you had already tried it, you had to do something wrong. Since Dr. Cordains research demostrated "Aches" in Paraguay do not have a single comedon, because their food is basicly fruits and meats, its obvious there is only one cause of acne: Food.

#32 Chestercool

Chestercool

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 December 2011 - 10:30 AM

day 35

First of all things are going great!

Two days ago i was playing soccer and i was sweating a lot, then i felt a bump on my right temple, Im not sure about this but i think it was tghe sweating i hadnt cleaned, or maybe not. Yesterday I went to a big party where 4 people were celebrating their birthday, 3 of them my friends, so I HAD to drink a shot of vodka, i prefered to drink it without soda because it contains too much sugar, the good thing is, I've just read about this, and this quantity of alcohol dont affect the absorption of antibiotics or other side effects.

I was so worried about this, and mainly not because of the absorption of the antibiotics, because i thought my liver would do a big effort with the alcohol and the antibiotic, I was so afraid i had a breakout, i even dreamed i felt a bump on my forehead and other on my cheek, I almost cried in the dream haha im glad it wasnt real.

So, i woke up at 12:00 am, ate my breakfast, I went to check my face to see if i had a new zit, and there was nothing, not even in the back. But the best thing is i slept for 8 hours and my forehead and nose werent oily whatsoever. If the antibiotic is keeping my skin clear, it can not solve the oiliness, its incredible, I cant believe it.

#33 okaythen

okaythen

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 December 2011 - 11:18 AM

Your pictures from day 31 look great! Gorgeous skin tone.
Glad you've found what's working for yah!
I've been going strong with my diet as well. Skin's improving! :)

Only been a week though. Looking forward to the end of week 2!

Edited by rabanne, 06 December 2011 - 11:20 AM.

#34 Chestercool

Chestercool

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 December 2011 - 09:12 PM

Your pictures from day 31 look great! Gorgeous skin tone.
Glad you've found what's working for yah!
I've been going strong with my diet as well. Skin's improving! Posted Image

Only been a week though. Looking forward to the end of week 2!

thanks very much! believe it or not your comments are very inspyring for me Posted Image

Day 36 - Antibiotics off!!!

I've been doing a lot of research, read some books about acne and realized antibiotics WORSENS acne, P.acnes is a common bacteria, you can find it in everyones skin, killing bacteria is not the solution at all. There are two causes of acne as you know

1) excessive production of oil, because obviously we acne sufferers have hormonal unbalance, this is more common during puberty to 25 years old, then why "Aches" culture in Paraguay dont have this illnes, the study involved 300 people from 15 to 25 years old. While this period our master gland, insulin, is more sensitive, when insulin spikes it makes oil to be produced in large amounts.

2) bad Keratinization or clogged pores, some foods dont let this process to be how its supposed to be, when a pore gets clogged and there's excessive sebum, bacteria creates an infection, which means, pus and inflammation.

When we take antibiotics we are not really solving the problem, actually, we are forcing bacteria to find the way to be antibiotic-resistant, then bacteria form bigger colonies and more inflammation, it means, antibiotics are a quick fix, in long-terms, it will make skin worse. Two of my friends took antibiotics some time ago and their acne is worse now. Im glad i've cut them off. Besides, it kills good bacteria too, probiotics are helpful to maintain a good digestive system.

So i've changes my regimen into : Paleo diet, one digestive enzyme per day, Probiotics (antibiotics killed good bacteria and i need them), 50 mg zinc, multivitaminic dairy, gluten,sacarose free and thinking about Glutamine to repair the gut.

About my current acne:

I've got one pimple on my left cheek, and a not so big on forehead. Im suspecting i could be intolerant to strawberries or mangoes, however, this only occurs when i eat strawberries, juiced strawberries seems to be no problem. I got mad about that pimple, since on friday is my graduation, im happy it doesnt hurt, it shows the inflammation is not too deep.

Edited by Chestercool, 06 December 2011 - 09:15 PM.

#35 Chestercool

Chestercool

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 December 2011 - 09:32 PM

Keep up the good work and keep updating please!

Day 38 - I've been better...

hey guys, I've been doing so much research, mainly reading books, I think today i read like 5 hours, not kidding!!! haha

Im fucking sad since yesterday, just sad not depressed, I found out that too much fruit DOES affect skin in a bad way, i was eating tons of it! then i thought, "¿what if antibiotics were keeping me clear? Last time i got clear, i didnt eat so much fruit as now, and i've been breaking out a little bit so my head is just crazy now, I liked to eat so much fruit. If you need argumentation, fructose spikes insulin if its eaten in large amount, this doesnt happen in older people, but teens like most of us experience a natural period of insulin resistance, it means too much fruit affects our skin. Also, i read some testimonies, claiming their skin got better after quitting fruit. specially apples,grapes,kiwis,bananas,etc. I believe the main cause of acne is insulin, and realizing im breaking out makes me think things are going to get worse since i stop the antibiotics.

Not less important, my mom got mad, she says im not eating anything, bla bla, she supports me a lot but shes getting tired, and i understand how she feels, today she saw i was doing research about "glycolisis" and she told me stop reading about that bullshit, you'll grow our of it, which i responded "this is biology, are you saying you want me to stop learning about it and feeding my knowledge?"

Also, im not having a good time with my girlfriend, i got a graduation ticket for her and its kind of expensive, and yesterday she said "im nut cuminggg" cause her graduation is the next day of mine and her dad ( biggest idiot, just saying hes from navy is enough) doesnt want her to sleep late, she says hes so mad with his dad but she can do anything. So we had a discussion and our relationship is not perfect right now, im even thinking about breaking out with her, i deserve more attention, why would i love her if she doesnt have time for me? Also bit worries cause today i showed weakness with her, girls hate that.
--------------------------------------------

SO, break outs before my graduation+lonely day+found out my favorite part of the diet (fruits) gotta be eaten in moderation+discussion with my girlfriend = sadness and stress

about my current skin state

as you see in the pictures, i got 2 pimples on the left cheek, i popped a mature one on my temple and have another one on my forehead, im know im overreating, but you should understand, im perfectionist, and i consider it as a virtue. Im so afraid i break out cause i quit antibiotics, anyways, i dont regret about it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
So by now, im eating more avocados, more low glicemiic fruits such as apricots and melon and more vegetables and green tea

Also, im going to meditate and think about this current situation, to prove myself that if i have acne, i'll cure it, if i break out with my girlfriend, fuck it, i love and respect myself, I'll be sad for a while but i know i'll be better quickly. Thats going to relief the stress i have right now, life is could be black sometimes, and pink too. My self-steem is the last thing i'll loose, damn i love an author called "fabio fusaro" ,hes from argentina and writes books about what to do with your ex, but mainly, how to love yourself.

PS: TOMORROW I'LL BE DROWNING IN ALCOHOL, I'LL DRINK WINE AND WHISKY WITH NO SODA (TOO MUCH SUCROSE), LETS HOPE I WONT BREAK OUT

PS2: DAMN! I LOOK SAD IN THE PICTURES ABOVE HAHA

Edited by Chestercool, 08 December 2011 - 09:39 PM.

#36 Chestercool

Chestercool

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 December 2011 - 08:37 AM

day 43 - damit....

i dont know what the hell happened, i broke out and my skin is not looking good at all. At this point i dont understand anything, im doing everything correct, and my skil is oily AGAIN. what's happening? is something making zits appear or were the antibiotics keeping me clear?, i even cut off fruits!!

So I decided to do this, i remember when i cleared up my skin 6 months ago, i ate pasta, meats, some rice, oats and Dan's regimen, i'll do that again, this time i'll eat whole wheat pasta, more oats, vegetables and cut off fats such as avocado and coconut, since i dont have a gallbladder it might be unbeneficial for me. Also, i remember i used to eat many apples, lets try that again, im deciding wether or not to do Dan's regimen again...

what i dont like about Dan's regimen is that benzoyl peroxide makes red marks to heal slower, anyways, if i keep breaking out i'll do it again.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
for instance, I've been considering taking accutane again, im too young to worry so much about this and there are years left to grow out of it

ps: started with drinking some apple cider vinegar aswell, lets see how it goes

damn acne...

Edited by Chestercool, 13 December 2011 - 08:40 AM.

#37 okaythen

okaythen

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 December 2011 - 04:19 PM

I've been there, questioning everything and feeling helpless. Don't worry, you'll be clear again! The ACV will certainly help.
Don't know of this helps, but you're a very cute boy and I doubt anyone notices your spots as much as you do.

#38 steven m jacobson

steven m jacobson

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 December 2011 - 06:32 AM

Well, first off you're still very young. I haven't had a chance to read all the posts, so if this was already stated forgive me. This sounds like a clear case of food allergens, and based on your paleo-diet, I was highly suggest a gluten allergen. You seem to be doing all the right things, but zits keep popping up at unexpected times and areas, a sign of a food problem. If you haven't already get a screening, or stool sample.

#39 Chestercool

Chestercool

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 December 2011 - 08:54 AM

Well, first off you're still very young. I haven't had a chance to read all the posts, so if this was already stated forgive me. This sounds like a clear case of food allergens, and based on your paleo-diet, I was highly suggest a gluten allergen. You seem to be doing all the right things, but zits keep popping up at unexpected times and areas, a sign of a food problem. If you haven't already get a screening, or stool sample.

Hey, thanks for you opinion, and yes, i think im allergic to a lot of foods. However, these weeks I've been wheat and gluten free and i've been breaking out anyways, I'd do the test but in my country it costs 1500 $ and takes months to see the results.

quick Update

The pimples on my right cheek have a whitehead now, yesterday i ate a lot of broccolli and cauliflower, two hours later i saw a part of my left cheek kind of...hmmm...red, and i felt a bump but it was very deep, inmediatly applied 10% glycolic acid, now its still red but i dont feel any bump, hoping its nothing. Also, my diet is different now, as breakfast I had a bowl of oats and brown pasta its included in the menu, maybe i include dark bread too. Started Dan's regimen aswell, benzoyl peroxide dont help with inflammation in my case.

active pimples: 3

#40 Chestercool

Chestercool

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 December 2011 - 04:52 PM

day 50 - Seems finally found my cure

Hi everyone, i have good news! Posted Image

i know 7 days ago i was really sad, and decided to do exactly what i did 6 months ago, didnt matter if was healthier or unhealthier. I found out that even natural fats have a negative impact in my skin (avocado, coconut, nuts, etc). Fats are not a problem whatsoever, but it might be because I dont have a gallbladder. Also, i tried to figure out why did i break out again, and i think it was the alcohol+some junk food which made my gut flora weaker.

I started Dan's regimen aswell (not acne.org products), i think that keeps me clear even though my skin gets more oily. I got 2 breakouts on my back, however, it is improving aswell. Not less important, I decided to eat oatmeal again, i think it cleans my gut or something because my skin is better. About fruits, im sticking to green apples, red ones seems to be a problem since its has more fructuose.

This is important aswell...i havent got new pimples, but i havent shaved too, as you see, my beard is kind of large, maybe razor blades are too irritating, i dont know, i'll cut it off in a few days, i think its just coincidence.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
this is what I ate this afternoon, around 150 gr. of oats with a big green apple, around 500 calories

Edited by Chestercool, 21 December 2011 - 10:26 PM.