Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Doxycicline+Differin+Digestive Enzimes+Holistic (Pics Incl)

58 posts in this topic

aye nino your skin looks good :) lol.

DAY 31 - SUCCES!!!!!!

i have great news, Hopefully i've found the cure to this damn illness. I've dedicated many hours of research to acne and mostly digestion. In fact, stomach/gut inflammation is the cause of it, overfunction of the liver, allergies/intolerances and of course, teen's crazy hormones. Anyways, whats better to balance hormones than a good diet wink.png

Thee days i noted that my forehead and nose aren't that oily as it used to be. Iwas really surprised when i woke up today, stay an hour watching tv and sew that my face wasnt oily whatsoever. Also, i havent gotten more pimples, just a minor one close to my right temple, absolutly nothing to worry about. In adition, the lactobionic peel is working good, it helps the skin regenatory function better.

dsc02724cv.th.jpg

dsc02725v.th.jpg

dsc02729n.th.jpg

this is the fruit salad i made today, it was delicious, i hate that since the idiot president of my country (evo morales) has been elected, fruit is now kind of expensive

dsc02723l.th.jpg

My log might be helpful for you,check it out!! tongue.pnghttp://www.acne.org/...stic-pics-incl/

-I controlled my acne after cutting off whey protein, after 4 months it came back.

-Then i tried an strict paleo diet, it worked. But the ocassional few pimples didnt let my PIH fade

-I wasnt happy with my routine, coudnt drink with my friends, eat different food and the worst: i was loosing confidence

-When my PIH was fading, i broke out, because i tried vitamin C to end with the ocassional pimples, which might cause stomach irritation=break out

- I wasnt happy because of my diet, just broke out, and i started accutane asap.

- Currently, im taking accutane even thought my acne is mild, but with persistant PIH, just few weeks left, no more pimples anymore.

"If i had a wish, i woudnt ask for flawless skin, I'd ask for the maxium of confidence"

Poeple think they are going to be happy and confident if they get rid of their acne...well..they are totally wrong

Well I'm glad that you figured out what caused your acne. And about your graduation maybe consider some concealer. Don't over think it, I usually use some when special events come up. But I don't think it should bother you to much, your red marks. Anyways good luck on staying acne free!

Regimen

Burt's Bee Sensitive Facial Cleanser

Acne.org AHA+

Jojoba Oil

Well I'm glad that you figured out what caused your acne. And about your graduation maybe consider some concealer. Don't over think it, I usually use some when special events come up. But I don't think it should bother you to much, your red marks. Anyways good luck on staying acne free!

hey!! thanks for passing by!!

when i was just getting acne i coudnt accept it and started using some make up, as my lack of knowledge it was comedogenic, i guess that was one of the factors i used to get more spots. I live in bolivia, and the mineral make up here is not common at all, i tried my sisters once and it was too obvious. Quality non-comedogcenic make up is not sold here. in my country people is quite mind-closed, people like me who uses V-neck is considered gay by many, had they known its italian fashion they woudnt think like that... just imagine if they see a guy with make up! hahaha

pd: its not MY cause of acne, its everybody's,

My log might be helpful for you,check it out!! tongue.pnghttp://www.acne.org/...stic-pics-incl/

-I controlled my acne after cutting off whey protein, after 4 months it came back.

-Then i tried an strict paleo diet, it worked. But the ocassional few pimples didnt let my PIH fade

-I wasnt happy with my routine, coudnt drink with my friends, eat different food and the worst: i was loosing confidence

-When my PIH was fading, i broke out, because i tried vitamin C to end with the ocassional pimples, which might cause stomach irritation=break out

- I wasnt happy because of my diet, just broke out, and i started accutane asap.

- Currently, im taking accutane even thought my acne is mild, but with persistant PIH, just few weeks left, no more pimples anymore.

"If i had a wish, i woudnt ask for flawless skin, I'd ask for the maxium of confidence"

Poeple think they are going to be happy and confident if they get rid of their acne...well..they are totally wrong

Okay well I was just letting you know about make-up or consider it. But okay now I know I guess. Anyways I don't completely agree with your statement as there are several triggers that can cause acne. You did manage to find yours and I'm glad you did. Diet can help many but not everyone has the same results. So I don't want to start a debate, just wanted to put it out there.

Regimen

Burt's Bee Sensitive Facial Cleanser

Acne.org AHA+

Jojoba Oil

Okay well I was just letting you know about make-up or consider it. But okay now I know I guess. Anyways I don't completely agree with your statement as there are several triggers that can cause acne. You did manage to find yours and I'm glad you did. Diet can help many but not everyone has the same results. So I don't want to start a debate, just wanted to put it out there.

Thanks mate! I agree, i woudnt like to start a debate either, but believe me, this worsts a try, If you had already tried it, you had to do something wrong. Since Dr. Cordains research demostrated "Aches" in Paraguay do not have a single comedon, because their food is basicly fruits and meats, its obvious there is only one cause of acne: Food.

day 35

First of all things are going great!

Two days ago i was playing soccer and i was sweating a lot, then i felt a bump on my right temple, Im not sure about this but i think it was tghe sweating i hadnt cleaned, or maybe not. Yesterday I went to a big party where 4 people were celebrating their birthday, 3 of them my friends, so I HAD to drink a shot of vodka, i prefered to drink it without soda because it contains too much sugar, the good thing is, I've just read about this, and this quantity of alcohol dont affect the absorption of antibiotics or other side effects.

I was so worried about this, and mainly not because of the absorption of the antibiotics, because i thought my liver would do a big effort with the alcohol and the antibiotic, I was so afraid i had a breakout, i even dreamed i felt a bump on my forehead and other on my cheek, I almost cried in the dream haha im glad it wasnt real.

So, i woke up at 12:00 am, ate my breakfast, I went to check my face to see if i had a new zit, and there was nothing, not even in the back. But the best thing is i slept for 8 hours and my forehead and nose werent oily whatsoever. If the antibiotic is keeping my skin clear, it can not solve the oiliness, its incredible, I cant believe it.

Your pictures from day 31 look great! Gorgeous skin tone.

Glad you've found what's working for yah!

I've been going strong with my diet as well. Skin's improving! :)

Only been a week though. Looking forward to the end of week 2!

Your pictures from day 31 look great! Gorgeous skin tone.

Glad you've found what's working for yah!

I've been going strong with my diet as well. Skin's improving! smile.png

Only been a week though. Looking forward to the end of week 2!

thanks very much! believe it or not your comments are very inspyring for me biggrin.png

Day 36 - Antibiotics off!!!

I've been doing a lot of research, read some books about acne and realized antibiotics WORSENS acne, P.acnes is a common bacteria, you can find it in everyones skin, killing bacteria is not the solution at all. There are two causes of acne as you know

1) excessive production of oil, because obviously we acne sufferers have hormonal unbalance, this is more common during puberty to 25 years old, then why "Aches" culture in Paraguay dont have this illnes, the study involved 300 people from 15 to 25 years old. While this period our master gland, insulin, is more sensitive, when insulin spikes it makes oil to be produced in large amounts.

2) bad Keratinization or clogged pores, some foods dont let this process to be how its supposed to be, when a pore gets clogged and there's excessive sebum, bacteria creates an infection, which means, pus and inflammation.

When we take antibiotics we are not really solving the problem, actually, we are forcing bacteria to find the way to be antibiotic-resistant, then bacteria form bigger colonies and more inflammation, it means, antibiotics are a quick fix, in long-terms, it will make skin worse. Two of my friends took antibiotics some time ago and their acne is worse now. Im glad i've cut them off. Besides, it kills good bacteria too, probiotics are helpful to maintain a good digestive system.

So i've changes my regimen into : Paleo diet, one digestive enzyme per day, Probiotics (antibiotics killed good bacteria and i need them), 50 mg zinc, multivitaminic dairy, gluten,sacarose free and thinking about Glutamine to repair the gut.

About my current acne:

I've got one pimple on my left cheek, and a not so big on forehead. Im suspecting i could be intolerant to strawberries or mangoes, however, this only occurs when i eat strawberries, juiced strawberries seems to be no problem. I got mad about that pimple, since on friday is my graduation, im happy it doesnt hurt, it shows the inflammation is not too deep.

Keep up the good work and keep updating please!

Keep up the good work and keep updating please!

Day 38 - I've been better...

hey guys, I've been doing so much research, mainly reading books, I think today i read like 5 hours, not kidding!!! haha

Im fucking sad since yesterday, just sad not depressed, I found out that too much fruit DOES affect skin in a bad way, i was eating tons of it! then i thought, "┬┐what if antibiotics were keeping me clear? Last time i got clear, i didnt eat so much fruit as now, and i've been breaking out a little bit so my head is just crazy now, I liked to eat so much fruit. If you need argumentation, fructose spikes insulin if its eaten in large amount, this doesnt happen in older people, but teens like most of us experience a natural period of insulin resistance, it means too much fruit affects our skin. Also, i read some testimonies, claiming their skin got better after quitting fruit. specially apples,grapes,kiwis,bananas,etc. I believe the main cause of acne is insulin, and realizing im breaking out makes me think things are going to get worse since i stop the antibiotics.

Not less important, my mom got mad, she says im not eating anything, bla bla, she supports me a lot but shes getting tired, and i understand how she feels, today she saw i was doing research about "glycolisis" and she told me stop reading about that bullshit, you'll grow our of it, which i responded "this is biology, are you saying you want me to stop learning about it and feeding my knowledge?"

Also, im not having a good time with my girlfriend, i got a graduation ticket for her and its kind of expensive, and yesterday she said "im nut cuminggg" cause her graduation is the next day of mine and her dad ( biggest idiot, just saying hes from navy is enough) doesnt want her to sleep late, she says hes so mad with his dad but she can do anything. So we had a discussion and our relationship is not perfect right now, im even thinking about breaking out with her, i deserve more attention, why would i love her if she doesnt have time for me? Also bit worries cause today i showed weakness with her, girls hate that.

--------------------------------------------

SO, break outs before my graduation+lonely day+found out my favorite part of the diet (fruits) gotta be eaten in moderation+discussion with my girlfriend = sadness and stress

about my current skin state

as you see in the pictures, i got 2 pimples on the left cheek, i popped a mature one on my temple and have another one on my forehead, im know im overreating, but you should understand, im perfectionist, and i consider it as a virtue. Im so afraid i break out cause i quit antibiotics, anyways, i dont regret about it.

dsc02740z.th.jpg

dsc02736fw.th.jpg

dsc02735l.th.jpg

So by now, im eating more avocados, more low glicemiic fruits such as apricots and melon and more vegetables and green tea

Also, im going to meditate and think about this current situation, to prove myself that if i have acne, i'll cure it, if i break out with my girlfriend, fuck it, i love and respect myself, I'll be sad for a while but i know i'll be better quickly. Thats going to relief the stress i have right now, life is could be black sometimes, and pink too. My self-steem is the last thing i'll loose, damn i love an author called "fabio fusaro" ,hes from argentina and writes books about what to do with your ex, but mainly, how to love yourself.

PS: TOMORROW I'LL BE DROWNING IN ALCOHOL, I'LL DRINK WINE AND WHISKY WITH NO SODA (TOO MUCH SUCROSE), LETS HOPE I WONT BREAK OUT

PS2: DAMN! I LOOK SAD IN THE PICTURES ABOVE HAHA

day 43 - damit....

i dont know what the hell happened, i broke out and my skin is not looking good at all. At this point i dont understand anything, im doing everything correct, and my skil is oily AGAIN. what's happening? is something making zits appear or were the antibiotics keeping me clear?, i even cut off fruits!!

So I decided to do this, i remember when i cleared up my skin 6 months ago, i ate pasta, meats, some rice, oats and Dan's regimen, i'll do that again, this time i'll eat whole wheat pasta, more oats, vegetables and cut off fats such as avocado and coconut, since i dont have a gallbladder it might be unbeneficial for me. Also, i remember i used to eat many apples, lets try that again, im deciding wether or not to do Dan's regimen again...

what i dont like about Dan's regimen is that benzoyl peroxide makes red marks to heal slower, anyways, if i keep breaking out i'll do it again.

dsc02749q.th.jpg

dsc02750d.th.jpg

dsc02751k.th.jpg

for instance, I've been considering taking accutane again, im too young to worry so much about this and there are years left to grow out of it

ps: started with drinking some apple cider vinegar aswell, lets see how it goes

damn acne...

I've been there, questioning everything and feeling helpless. Don't worry, you'll be clear again! The ACV will certainly help.

Don't know of this helps, but you're a very cute boy and I doubt anyone notices your spots as much as you do.

Well, first off you're still very young. I haven't had a chance to read all the posts, so if this was already stated forgive me. This sounds like a clear case of food allergens, and based on your paleo-diet, I was highly suggest a gluten allergen. You seem to be doing all the right things, but zits keep popping up at unexpected times and areas, a sign of a food problem. If you haven't already get a screening, or stool sample.

Well, first off you're still very young. I haven't had a chance to read all the posts, so if this was already stated forgive me. This sounds like a clear case of food allergens, and based on your paleo-diet, I was highly suggest a gluten allergen. You seem to be doing all the right things, but zits keep popping up at unexpected times and areas, a sign of a food problem. If you haven't already get a screening, or stool sample.

Hey, thanks for you opinion, and yes, i think im allergic to a lot of foods. However, these weeks I've been wheat and gluten free and i've been breaking out anyways, I'd do the test but in my country it costs 1500 $ and takes months to see the results.

quick Update

The pimples on my right cheek have a whitehead now, yesterday i ate a lot of broccolli and cauliflower, two hours later i saw a part of my left cheek kind of...hmmm...red, and i felt a bump but it was very deep, inmediatly applied 10% glycolic acid, now its still red but i dont feel any bump, hoping its nothing. Also, my diet is different now, as breakfast I had a bowl of oats and brown pasta its included in the menu, maybe i include dark bread too. Started Dan's regimen aswell, benzoyl peroxide dont help with inflammation in my case.

active pimples: 3

day 50 - Seems finally found my cure

Hi everyone, i have good news! biggrin.png

i know 7 days ago i was really sad, and decided to do exactly what i did 6 months ago, didnt matter if was healthier or unhealthier. I found out that even natural fats have a negative impact in my skin (avocado, coconut, nuts, etc). Fats are not a problem whatsoever, but it might be because I dont have a gallbladder. Also, i tried to figure out why did i break out again, and i think it was the alcohol+some junk food which made my gut flora weaker.

I started Dan's regimen aswell (not acne.org products), i think that keeps me clear even though my skin gets more oily. I got 2 breakouts on my back, however, it is improving aswell. Not less important, I decided to eat oatmeal again, i think it cleans my gut or something because my skin is better. About fruits, im sticking to green apples, red ones seems to be a problem since its has more fructuose.

This is important aswell...i havent got new pimples, but i havent shaved too, as you see, my beard is kind of large, maybe razor blades are too irritating, i dont know, i'll cut it off in a few days, i think its just coincidence.

dsc02763rd.th.jpg

dsc02761f.th.jpg

dsc02757p.th.jpg

dsc02755r.th.jpg

dsc02753n.th.jpg

this is what I ate this afternoon, around 150 gr. of oats with a big green apple, around 500 calories

Day 55 - merry christmas!!

Hi everyone, first of all i wanna wish you a merry christmas, i wish hapiness to everybody here and a happy new year! :)

Well, i've shaved and havent got breakouts on cheeks. But i've been breaking out a little bit on forehead, I mean, i dont breakout too much there but yesterday, after taking the pics shown today, i got a pimple in that area. It could be because im doing a "experiment", eating some foods i suspect i could be allergic/intolerant. 2 days ago i ate 30 strawberries and yesterday a piece of 100% organic chocolate, since chocolate is rich in fats anyways, that could be the cause of it. oir the strawberries?? really dont know...i popped it this morning anyways, hoping it to be the last zit i get till new year.

About my red marks, i read somewhere benzoyl peroxide help making them lighter at the beginning, well, they are much better, yesterday i was feeling great! until i saw that damn zit on my forehead. As others say, when you cheat, and dont break out, then you're cured.

Also, i lost 6 fucking lbs! i cant believe it! so bad!!!! now i'll eat the double amount ot oats, sweet potatoes, whole wheat pasta and whole grain rice to build the muscle i lost, hoping it doesnt affect my skin!!

dsc02776rb.th.jpg

dsc02774h.th.jpg

dsc02773ac.th.jpg

dsc02772q.th.jpg

day 61 - something is missing....

Hi everyone!! first of all happy new year!!! i hope you the best for this year

I' havent break out on cheeks, but i hace on the forehead!!! i didnt use to break out there even when my zits were hell, i dont know whats causing it. Also, i dont know if getting off Dan's regimen, just today i have two zits on my forehead, it had to happen today....

Itd could be the stress, well, something i dont know is if sadness is stress, i think it is but im not sure. My girlfriend is moving out to another city, and i've been very sad, even cried, could be that. In addition, I changed my shaving technique, now i use other type of razor blade, one which is not as good quality but claims to be "less irritating", Dan recommends it, i thought about the times of taking a shower, shaving and breakouts.

Lets hope these forehead breakouts stop soon, Im deciding wether or not to apply Dan's regimen there, im not applying it on cheeks and things seem to be fine. Im not excited for new year, i dont care about it, i dont know why, maybe i would if i hadnt got this damn zits on the forehead.

Good luck everyone and have a happy day

ps: I'll be eating pork and drinking alcohol tonight, lets see what happens...

To minimize the damage, i'll drink just one type of alcohol with no soda, and i'll choose the part of the pork which does not have fat and eat it just with sweet potatoe, maybe i take one capsule of probiotic tomorrow, alcohol damages gut flora...

dsc02784u.th.jpg

dsc02783r.th.jpg

dsc02782a.th.jpg

day 69 - I might have found that missing piece smile.png

Hi everyone!! well im proud to say now im 100% clear of inflammed acne on my face, and 90% of my whole body, the missing piece i was talking about was extra high quality omega-3 supplementation

Well, my moms friend bought these capsules in sweden, along with cod liver oil, i take these 2 capsules, these is my schedule:

Breakfast: Zinc

Lunch: Cod liver oil

Evening meal: 1000 mg Omega-3 capsule

dinner: 1000 mg Omega-3 capsule

Every the other night: a probiotic capsule

---------------------------

This is working amanzingly, i dont wash my face anymore, im taking short and cool showers too: However, i got two pimples on my back, the good thing is they werent too inflammed as it used to be. Im glad how my skin looks by now

dsc02791b.th.jpg

dsc02790r.th.jpg

dsc02787c.th.jpg

All you see in the pictures are red marks, as you can see, in my type of skin, red marks are worst than acne itself, i'll give it time...time heals all......

If you are wondering about that tiny spot next to my nose, its an old comedon i decided to extract, it had a lot of pus though

ps: im having a cold right now, im happy it hasnt affect my skin

day 72- not so good news

well guys, these past days, i broke out in two pimples, I thought i had finally found that missing piece, the only thing i ate was home-made hamburgers, which contained a little bit of onions, and egg and 3 cookies my girlfriend gave to me, that should make me break out at all. I've been thinking it might be my cat. We found the kitty on october 15 and i started breaking out on october 16 or 17, it might be coincidence. However, im been searching information about allergens and inflammations, and could be the cause, my sister loves the kitty, the good thing is shes on a trip, and i'll convince my mom if we can give the kitty to a friend until my sister comes back.

DAY 91 MORE IMPROVEMENT

Hi everyone, its been more than two weeks since the last update, i got 2 non-so-serious breakouts, back acne is much better. I went to another city for two days, ate everything and drank alcohol (vodka and tequila), didnt slept too much and exercise wasnt as intense as i workout at the gym. As a result yesterday when i arrived to my house, i realized i had two small whiteheads on my nose and some micro comedones on my forehead, when i f** felt this bump on my right cheek, i was pissed. Then i gently applied 10% glycolic acid and today its gone, incredible, its the third time this works!! i love glycolic acid, it just works if you catch the zit in its early formation.

I realized I'll breakout if i dont stick to a healthy lifestyle, i was considering about taking accutane because i wanna eat some junk food and drink alcohol, then i opened my eyes and realized it doesnt worth it.

I've been taking some cinnamon after each meal too and bought psyllium, im taking one capsule at the morning. I want to get rid of these red marks!! i need to find a regimen which works for me

dsc02809h.th.jpg

dsc02808hv.th.jpg

dsc02791b.th.jpg

Dude you're acne is so light! :o it actually took me ages to even find some in your pics! Man I would dry wax every hair on my body (except my head and brows) to get skin like that! But I respect why you wanna be perfectly clear :) yah don't go on accutane, I haven't been on it but it's too much of a long term and heavy process, and your acne is far too light for it. Glad you're finding something to zap those zits...I too suffer from red marks. Mostly around my cheeks...May I suggest exfoliation?? Preferably manual exfoliation, I'm using a simple toothbrush but a baby brush does good too...look up on it. Tutorials, reviews etc...just a thought :D have you noticed whether cinnamon is improving your skin/reducing breakouts?? I'd be interested to see if it really works :L

Thanks man, and keep up the good work!

TheComeUp's Regimen & Log

"Everyday life's destined to change forever, but some things are never better than their predecessors"

One Life ~ One Love ~ One Chance

"Don't slip...don't fall...just get a grip and hold on. Don't Lose Your Balance. Dont be losing your balance"

Peace & Love

day 99 - fuck fuck fuck and fuck

Hi everyone, i have bad news today, i broke out like shit

I've been taking vitamin C for red marks, i tried to heal them internally, but it seems it broke me out like shit. Also, 2 days ago i ate lentils and a few hours later i saw this huge pimple on my right cheek, as you see i have pimples on temples and one next to the nose, that one was before i started vitamin c anyways. The other factor i suspect from, is that i started collegue 1 week ago, and it might be that i screwed my cicardian circle, my eating hours, sleep, etc. Im really sad right now.

Having these problems, today i started taking saw palmetto, it inhibits dht and indeed hormone unbalance. Im hoping this to be my miraclous cure, i havent tried and dht blocker so this might be the solution, im crossing my fingers do bad!!! I realized i started having more whiteheads when i started psyllium aswell, so lets back to basics, this time with saw palmetto. It is Gnc brand, i was lucky to find that brand in my country, it was quite expensive tough... around 20$ it is 500 mg/90 tablets each, so im taking one in the morning.

and i was so fucking close to face the existant hyperpigmentation, damit!!! sorry for the pesimistic

dsc02820a.th.jpg

dsc02819rx.th.jpg

dsc02818ju.th.jpg

ps: fuck sakes

day 102 - starting accutane tomorrow

guys, i've broken out terribly, its like every time i look myself to the mirror, find another bump and have to apply glycolic acid, im under a lot of stress, i broke out with my girlfriend too, and it was totally my fault. The good thing is, i read another user accutane log, he is so positive and he has like "a quote of the day"

Dream like if you were going to live forever, live like this were your last day

Also i realized im getting some scarring, i cant stand it, i found the cause

monday, had sex twice ---> cyst, broke out the following days too

saturday had once just once ---> new pimples

It is totally the DHT (dihydrotestosterone), when i ejaculate, somehow dht levels spikes, affecting sebaceous glands directly, i dont know where does the inflammation come from, my diet hasnt changed. Sometimes sex affects me, sometimes it doesnt, i havent masturbated in 6 months

the good thing about my country is that people that have money (i come from a family with a lot of money, money doesnt matter to be happy anyways)) things are easier, i called my derm, asked his what blood exams i need, and im going to see him tomorrow, i know hes gonna porescribe me accutane, im gonna propone his just to take 75% of the full dosage, followed of 1 year of adapalene.

dsc02826u.th.jpg

dsc02824w.th.jpg

dsc02823k.th.jpg

fucking sucks =/, i want sex 10 times per day haha accutane, please, dont give a initial breakout