Photo

Doxycicline+Differin+Digestive Enzimes+Holistic (Pics Incl)

calcium paleo aha alpha hydroxy acid red mark

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
56 replies to this topic

#1 Chestercool

Chestercool

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 November 2011 - 08:34 PM

Hi everybody!!!!! ok..lets begin!!

Brief story

Im from Bolivia, Im 17 years old, I've been suffering from acne for one year now. Everything started when i started working out, during the first months i was pretty clear, but when I started to drink whey protein (makes muscles grow faster) and consuming 3000 calories per day a nightmare came into my life. I've developed inflammed acne on cheeks. I have to admit, i gained 16 lbs, but to what cost? ruinning my face, well, I regret, but the positive side is i was reallyyyy skinyyy after a gallbladder surgery I had, and now i have a pretty body.

I was started getting worried about my mild acne, went to the derm, gave me Retin-A, just made my acne worse. After that, benzoyl peroxide 5% one time per day (no moisturizer), got worst. Then, she wanted to prescribe me accutane and i said "wait a minuuute whooo" haha, I started to read about acne like crazy, increasing my knowledge A LOT. I discovered it could be the muscle supplement, i cut it off for one month and my acne was clearly getting better ( one day I drank too much rum, broke me out terribly during that period,learned my lesson haha, no more rum). After reading some more, started Dan's regimen (4% benzoyl peroxide, not 2.5% cause it doesnt exist in my poor country -.-) and started paleo diet aswell. After a short period, I WAS ACNE FREE!! my confidence was huge which means more security, less worries, more seduction etc.
( I was better in seduction not because i was acne free, because i had more confidence)

I treated some red marks, even 2 IPL laser treatments, after 3 months red marks were dissapearing. I got one inflammed pimples every...2 weeks or so, because i started eating some junk food and alcohol on weekends. Nothing to worry about...

Suddenly, 2 weeks ago, like october 20, two inflammed pimples showed just in a red mark which was dissapearing...i got so angry!!! and it got worst!!! it was like if the infection had spreaded and I realized my acne was back. I thought it was because i was drinking too much vodka, because i started using lemon juice for the tiny red marks left and because I had eaten two burger king's apple pie. Anyways, i started paleo diet again, but I got more friends on my right cheek. I was wondering "whyy am i getting these painful zits, i cut off the protein supplement, this shoudnt had happened". I think my acne is not hormonal (it would appear on the chin), i think its something in my digestive system, the abuse of alcohol, even though vodka doesnt break me out and some junk food I eat like one time per week.

Now i got more questions, , ¿why did I developed acne again if I dont eat junk food and cut off the gym supplement? ¿what if Dan's regimen was what really cured me and not the diet? ¿Is accutane the best option even though my acne is mild-moderate? ¿ is this because i cut off my salycilic acid cleanser?

I like to search for information until find the cause, dont judge me as arrogant haha but its true.

I went to my gastroenterologist, nutricionist and made a full exam. Everything was perfect, insulin was normal and no internal infections. Also, the exam showed that my excrement had food which was not digested properly. He prescribed me digestive enzymes.

-The nutricionist gave me a supplement because i told her I dont drink milk until my red marks go away completly (betacelullin makes sebaceous glands grow) and gave me a supplement with vitaming, minerals, CALCIUM, and omega 3. However, im afraid of drinking it, i guess its a trauma from whey protein supplement haha.

Treatment-log

My new derm prescribed me differin and topical clyndamicine 2 weeks ago, I know this could made my acne worst during first 3 weeks, but it doesnt explain zits in other areas of my face. After that, he prescribed doxycycline 100 mg/per day. I talk a lot with my derm and he says i have a huge knowledge about this topic. However, he thinks its hormonal and because im 17 and its normal to develop acne and said i should be getting ready to take accutane, he thinks accutane worth the pain and it is not sooo bad after all. I agree, accutane is not a torture, actually it contrls your acne incredibly for a loong period of time, 4-5 months worth the chapped lips. Here we have to think in the farmaceutical bussines, derms get more money and the product (isotretinoin) is sold, that COULD be the reason he doesnt have faith in the antibiotic, he prefers accutane.

I decided to do this: increase the antibiotic dosage and add some staff

- 200 mg of doxycycline per day, 100 mg every 12 hours combined with differin (only on the right cheek) ---> quit them since i found out they are shit
- digestive enzymes, after breakfast, lunch, evening meal and dinner
- chew the food well
- Paleo diet.- meats, fruits and vegetales, whole grain rice, whole grain pasta, oats, some teas to a proper digestion, whole grain ceral, yougurt to protect my stomach from the strong antibitotic etc.
- gym 3 times per week (lift weights )
- sleep 8 hours per day
-50 spf non-comedogenic sunscreen

- I use no cleanser, just water.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LETS TRY THIS FOR ONE MONTH, I HAVE FAITH IN THIS REGIMEN , if this shows improvement, i'll prolong this regimen for some months more. My graduation is on december 9, and I'd like to at least a clearer face. If this doesnt work, I'll go straight on accutane, IM YOUNG!! I wanna eat french fries on weekends, eat pizza,drink milk!!! not to get worry about washing my face after exercersicing and after having sex, 5 months of side effects worth it. By the way, i've noticed I get more breakouts after having sex, maybe its just coincidence, but im not gonna stop having it, my girlfriend doesnt really care (hopefully hahaha, if she does in the future, it means shes not for me), anyways its not fair for her..neither for me, what am i gonna say? "i dont wanna have sex cause im afraid to break out"....dont stop having sex people!! I read so many comments about this topic, control your masturbations to 1-2 times per week but dont stop it, eyaculation is relaxing and sex is beatiful, its the essence of reproductivity, the essence of human life.

Goal ---> 1 month ago skin

http://imageshack.us...dsc02413ql.jpg/

How I am now, november 6, 2011

http://imageshack.us.../dsc02652g.jpg/

http://imageshack.us...dsc02654ct.jpg/

http://imageshack.us...dsc02656xn.jpg/

active pimples : 5

The most important, i want this thread to be helpful for you, thanks for following this log.

Edited by Chestercool, 08 December 2011 - 09:36 PM.

#2 Chestercool

Chestercool

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 November 2011 - 08:51 PM

reserved

#3 Chestercool

Chestercool

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 November 2011 - 06:02 PM

Day 3:

Just popped three pimples which were mature very carefully, one of them bleed some more though... I saw a tiny pimple close to the other inflammed ones, hoping it wont turn into a inflammed one, applied topical clyndamycine just in case. I have a pimple on my right temple which doesnt come to a head, lets wait it absorb itself, hopefully.

Ate beans with whole wheat pasta and red meat. Didnt have a good time in the bathroom haha, it makes me suspect there's something wrong with my digestion hmmmm

Active pimples: 2

#4 okaythen

okaythen

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 November 2011 - 09:40 AM

I'm going to be following this.
All the best with your regimen!
I'm going to start mine as soon as I've recovered from the wisdom teeth removal.

#5 OlympusMons

OlympusMons

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 6
About Me

Posted 11 November 2011 - 02:14 PM

You're taking oral antibiotics for 5 minor active pimples...?!

#6 Chestercool

Chestercool

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 November 2011 - 09:58 PM

@Rabanne , thanks for the support! Posted Image are you taking doxyxycline aswell?

You're taking oral antibiotics for 5 minor active pimples...?!

I know I kind of overeact. Besides, i gotta admit im flirt haha

the pustules i get are very inflammed, and they can leave an ice pick scar if i dont treat them, my derm even said accutane would be the best option ( I know that a local derm wont ever say my acne isnt that bad cause they earn money saying i need accutane) . Everyone's desire is to have a 100% clear skin. thatt's what i want.

thank you anyways, you made me realize im exaggerating a little bit Posted Image

First week

it's 11:50 here, im coming back from a friends little party, they were drinking rum, I couldnt drink anything because of the antibiotics. However, a pizza was ordered, and there was no way to say no haha, i ate a piece of cake too

My skin is improving, I didnt expect results so fast, I dont know which medication is working this well, maybe since i started to eat whole grain rice and pasta, it could be the antiotics too...

http://imageshack.us.../dsc02658p.jpg/
http://imageshack.us...dsc02659am.jpg/
http://imageshack.us...dsc02660vm.jpg/

As you see, my cheeks are healing pretty fast, just got a new pimp on my right temple =/ well, im glad its not on cheeks. Also, I feel a a little pain and a tiny bump when touching a popped pimple, i hope its not forming again.

Active pimples: 2 or 3

Edited by Chestercool, 12 November 2011 - 10:09 PM.

#7 gems2889

gems2889

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 12 November 2011 - 10:28 PM

omg I would kill for my face to look that clear lol... soon! I really dont think u need antibotic but each to there own. I would use a topical with bp in it for that not worth the side affects of oral antibotics. unless u really need it.

Edited by gems2889, 12 November 2011 - 10:32 PM.

#8 OlympusMons

OlympusMons

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 November 2011 - 09:25 AM

That derm that recommended you Accutane should be arrested... Your acne is ultra-mild, man!
You don't even need to do anything, it'll go away with time.
If you're worried with scarring, just don't pick at it. I assure you'll get no scarring this way.

#9 rice-boy

rice-boy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 November 2011 - 10:59 AM

Hey you spoke of having a gallbladder surgery; What was the surgery for? Completely removing it or something? Well that's the main problem your gallbladder and liver too. I wouldn't drink alcohol if I were you espescially with gallbladder condition and not too much fatty meats.

#10 Guest_Timehealsall_*

Guest_Timehealsall_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 13 November 2011 - 11:08 AM

hey man... your doctor said your acne can leave icepick scars?

Earlier on i showed you photos of acne similar to yours.... and you said they won't scar unless picked at. You just said that your acne could leave icepick scars... but the acne i showed you was very similar to yours?

#11 Chestercool

Chestercool

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 27
About Me

Posted 13 November 2011 - 12:11 PM

omg I would kill for my face to look that clear lol... soon! I really dont think u need antibotic but each to there own. I would use a topical with bp in it for that not worth the side affects of oral antibotics. unless u really need it.

I've tried bp already, well, as i explain in the first post, a bad bp regimen didnt work, i started with Dan's regimen when started paleo diet and cut off whey protein, so i dont know which one worked.
Im with oral antibiotics because they can keep me clear until i reach 20's, where my sebaceous glands are not gonna overproduce sebum. I think bp cant be used for a loong time since is a medium-strong chemical, the fact it makes red marks go away slower upsets me up a little bit. Thats why i prefer antibiotics.

pd: thanks for your comment, it makes me realize my acne is not even moderate, are you following any regimen? :P

That derm that recommended you Accutane should be arrested... Your acne is ultra-mild, man!
If you're worried with scarring, just don't pick at it. I assure you'll get no scarring this way.

I know man, my acne isnt bad enough for accutane, but he has a good argument, accutane is not that bad after all. 5 months of side effects (chapped lips, nosebleed, dryness) worth the pain. Also, latest investigation shows woman cant get pregnant just during the first month of this medication. But i agree with you, he wanted me to apply differin on my temporal tiny pimples on my forehead, he is overreacting too much, thats the business. If he says "hey your acne aint that bad, just apply some honey on it" , they woudnt earn any money, i know that perfectly.

Hey you spoke of having a gallbladder surgery; What was the surgery for? Completely removing it or something? Well that's the main problem your gallbladder and liver too. I wouldn't drink alcohol if I were you espescially with gallbladder condition and not too much fatty meats.

my ballbladder had a lot of gallstones, one of them was not letting bile pass trough, causing intense pain. The doctoc said it was better to extract it right now, so that wont ever happen again and woudnt suffer from more pain. Well, he was right, im happy without it, i feel normal. I know i shouldnt drink too much alcohol, thats why i try to consume it in moderation, one time every week or 2 weeks its fine, i dont consume fatty foods at all.

Earlier on i showed you photos of acne similar to yours.... and you said they won't scar unless picked at. You just said that your acne could leave icepick scars... but the acne i showed you was very similar to yours?

The problem is i do pick at my pimples. Otherwise, its gonna take like 2 weeks until the head fall off. As Dan's says, some people prefer to pop their pimples rather than walking out with a whitehead, that's normal, im not that patient for that. However, may people claim that if you pop a pimple correctly, its not gonna leave any scar, that's what i think and hope. Cosmeticians for example, say the chance of scarring when they extract impurities from your face is cero, because they do it the right way. On the other hand, dermatologists (at least here) say its not true, that every popped pimple could leave a scar even if its popped the right way. There's a rivality between derms and cosmeticians. Anyways, if pimples are not touched and you can patiently wait a couple of weeks, forget about scars, pustules of course, cysts and nodules need cortisone shoots.

#12 unlovely2011

unlovely2011

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 13 November 2011 - 12:18 PM

I've tried bp already, well, as i explain in the first post, a bad bp regimen didnt work, i started with Dan's regimen when started paleo diet and cut off whey protein, so i dont know which one worked. Im with oral antibiotics because they can keep me clear until i reach 20's, where my sebaceous glands are not gonna overproduce sebum. I think bp cant be used for a loong time since is a medium-strong chemical, the fact it makes red marks go away slower upsets me up a little bit. Thats why i prefer antibiotics. pd: thanks for your comment, it makes me realize my acne is not even moderate, are you following any regimen? :P

That derm that recommended you Accutane should be arrested... Your acne is ultra-mild, man! You don't even need to do anything, it'll go away with time. If you're worried with scarring, just don't pick at it. I assure you'll get no scarring this way.

I know man, my acne isnt bad enough for accutane, but he has a good argument, accutane is not that bad after all. 5 months of side effects (chapped lips, nosebleed, dryness) worth the pain. Also, latest investigation shows woman cant get pregnant just during the first month of this medication. But i agree with you, he wanted me to apply differin on my temporal tiny pimples on my forehead, he is overreacting too much, thats the business. If he says "hey your acne aint that bad, just apply some honey on it" , they woudnt earn any money, i know that perfectly.

my ballbladder had a lot of gallstones, one of them was not letting bile pass trough, causing intense pain. The doctoc said it was better to extract it right now, so that wont ever happen again and woudnt suffer from more pain. Well, he was right, im happy without it, i feel normal. I know i shouldnt drink too much alcohol, thats why i try to consume it in moderation, one time every week or 2 weeks its fine, i dont consume fatty foods at all.

hey man... your doctor said your acne can leave icepick scars? Earlier on i showed you photos of acne similar to yours.... and you said they won't scar unless picked at. You just said that your acne could leave icepick scars... but the acne i showed you was very similar to yours?

The problem is i do pick at my pimples. Otherwise, its gonna take like 2 weeks until the head fall off. As Dan's says, some people prefer to pop their pimples rather than walking out with a whitehead, that's normal, im not that patient for that. However, may people claim that if you pop a pimple correctly, its not gonna leave any scar, that's what i think and hope. Cosmeticians for example, say the chance of scarring when they extract impurities from your face is cero, because they do it the right way. On the other hand, dermatologists (at least here) say its not true, that every popped pimple could leave a scar even if its popped the right way. There's a rivality between derms and cosmeticians. Anyways, if pimples are not touched and you can patiently wait a couple of weeks, forget about scars, pustules of course, cysts and nodules need cortisone shoots.

all i have to say about that is do you wanna listen to the doctor who went to college or to someone who went to beauty school? it's your face... if your derm is trying to put you on accutane for the pictures shown in this thread, i recommend you find a new derm.

#13 gems2889

gems2889

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 13 November 2011 - 03:51 PM

My acne was just like yours very mild I controlled it with proactive for 3 yrs until it stopped working. I am 22 yrs old and my face its still oily. in august it was still mild but I started getting cystic acne and I freaked out. I don't regret my choice on getting on retina a micro but for what I had I should of just looked for something else. Now I am going through the IB that's the reason I got on an antibiotic because my face is a war zone. I would try to find something other then antibiotics to control your oil like bp. I know u said it didn't worked out for you but u have to give it at least 3 months to work for you. I don't recommend proactive but for some it works wonders. yes I do have a regime I hope I can get to where I was at in May even better. I am very ocd and picky about my skin so I kinda understand why u freak out when u break out, 5 pimples is a lot but when u have about 15 then u freak the fudge out LOL..... good luck Posted Image
My new regime
AM
Minocyline 100 mg
panoxyl wash bp 10% ( thinking of removing this)
acanya 2.5 bp w/d clindamycin 1.2%

pm
purpose gentle cleanser
retina a micro 1%

Edited by gems2889, 13 November 2011 - 03:52 PM.

#14 OlympusMons

OlympusMons

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 November 2011 - 04:50 PM

However, may people claim that if you pop a pimple correctly, its not gonna leave any scar

Exactly. Here's how to pop a pimple with pus:
Heat up the edge of a tiny needle, with a lighter for instance. Than pierce the VERY TOP of your pimple, and do this very gently and only on the very surface of the pimple. Now squeeze it very gently again without using your nails (you'll only need to do this 1 time) and never pick at it anymore.

I did this a few times and it never left a scar, but I'm not sure if it's the 100% safe way though.

Edited by OlympusMons, 13 November 2011 - 04:53 PM.

#15 Guest_Timehealsall_*

Guest_Timehealsall_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 13 November 2011 - 11:59 PM

I've tried bp already, well, as i explain in the first post, a bad bp regimen didnt work, i started with Dan's regimen when started paleo diet and cut off whey protein, so i dont know which one worked.
Im with oral antibiotics because they can keep me clear until i reach 20's, where my sebaceous glands are not gonna overproduce sebum. I think bp cant be used for a loong time since is a medium-strong chemical, the fact it makes red marks go away slower upsets me up a little bit. Thats why i prefer antibiotics.

pd: thanks for your comment, it makes me realize my acne is not even moderate, are you following any regimen? Posted Image

ah so your pustules are very similar to mine. I never pick at my pimples... but my pustuels (when a papule develops into a pustule), the head of the pustule takes about 2 weeks sometimes to fall off.

How exactly do you pop your pimples? If i were you, i would just wait for them to fall off when you are washing your face instead of popping them.

#16 Chestercool

Chestercool

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 November 2011 - 08:54 AM

ah so your pustules are very similar to mine. I never pick at my pimples... but my pustuels (when a papule develops into a pustule), the head of the pustule takes about 2 weeks sometimes to fall off.

How exactly do you pop your pimples? If i were you, i would just wait for them to fall off when you are washing your face instead of popping them.

Yep you are right...i should wait =/
what i do is wait like 3 days since the head is visible, then i pop it. It bleeds almost nothing.

This is how i pop them:

-wash my faace with warm water for a minute
-take a needle, and desinfect it with alcohol
-roll a soft paper around my fingers
- gently pierce the top of the pimple
- half cemtimeter away from the head, push the skin very gently

#17 DeeDeeParis

DeeDeeParis

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 November 2011 - 11:29 AM

nice blog! gonna follow!

#18 Chestercool

Chestercool

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 November 2011 - 10:42 PM

nice blog! gonna follow!

thanks very much! Posted Image

Day 10

I tried to pop the two pimples which are located on my right temple, damit! i couldnt do it and it got worst, it was so infllammed that it looked like a cyst, the inflammation subsided because i applied ice, but it looks more red. Temples are so easy to scar, i hope it heals well and quickly. One of them is there like two weeks, it doesnt come to a head and it doesnt absorb itself, any suggestions? what do you think of cortisone shots, my graduation is in three weeks...so...i dont know. Im applying topical clyndamicine but it doesnt seem to work.

No new zits on cheeks...thats good! Posted Image

active pimples: 2, they are located on the right temple, they are so close to each other that if you see them it looks like one. However, touching them i realize they are two. Some tiny pimps on forehead, nothing to worry about.

Edited by Chestercool, 14 November 2011 - 10:43 PM.

#19 gems2889

gems2889

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 15 November 2011 - 08:34 PM

I had 6 shots on some of my cystic acne that I had a month ago and im like omg why didnt I do this earlier lol. I was walking around with 3 huge pimples in the middle of my eyebrows. they didnt reduce in size till I got the shots.

#20 Chestercool

Chestercool

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 November 2011 - 09:18 AM

I had 6 shots on some of my cystic acne that I had a month ago and im like omg why didnt I do this earlier lol. I was walking around with 3 huge pimples in the middle of my eyebrows. they didnt reduce in size till I got the shots.

are they expensive or something? it seems that using gycolic acid as spot treatment helped a lot..im impressed :D those two pimples are getting smaller