Photo

Wai Diet Thread

wai diet free acne book raw food cure weeks paleo

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
43 replies to this topic

#41 strax

strax

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 June 2012 - 11:14 AM

also, the idea of uncooked foods being more healthy and natural is a good one. However, would they really be consuming fruit juices with fat to lower the GI? No caveman was eating fat with fruit

#42 OlympusMons

OlympusMons

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 6
About Me

Posted 27 June 2012 - 04:10 PM

This diet is confusing to me. It recommends drinking fruit juice with added sugar and added fat. Basically the absolute worst thing anyone can do for insulin. All the research I've read on diet and acne suggested to lower the GI of the diet.

Why is it the worst thing anyone can do for insulin?
Fruit have amongst the lowest GI's of sugary/carby foods.

The creator of the diet also suggests that the skin retaining water is a major factor in acne, in which case salt should correlate more to acne than "dirty" cooked protein foods.

Absolutely. It's scientifically proven that salt can cause a lot of water retention in the skin.
I honestly didn't know that it might even led to more acne than "dirty" cooked protein, but that might be because the increase of water retention happens very suddently with salt.

also, the idea of uncooked foods being more healthy and natural is a good one. However, would they really be consuming fruit juices with fat to lower the GI? No caveman was eating fat with fruit

Maybe cause they never thought about this simple but very effective aproach.
Just like no one ever thought before about the simple but very effective aproach of avoiding acne by avoiding the things who are known (scientifically proven) to cause water retention in the skin.
Why? I don't know. I r€ally don't know.
On Wai Diet since February 2011 - fruits (fresh/dried/juiced), nuts, oils, fish, egg yolks, all raw. Clears all kinds of acne in 2 weeks! I've also been having huge improvements in my mood, sleep, and feeling healthy in general, which I think to be the very treasure of this diet!
Just google free acne book.

Washing face: only in the morning, only with low mineral bottled water (see rule 9 in the Wai Diet site).
Moisturizing: glycerin, vaseline, fruit/nut oils. Market moisturizers destroy your skin in long term (see rule 8).
Shaving: with a hair trimmer, shaves pretty close. Blades cause too much irritation.
No smoking, no drugs, drink with smart moderation.

My diet log with photos

#43 ash301

ash301

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 May 2013 - 05:04 PM

Hello!

I'm just starting the Wai diet and I have a few questions:

There are is no mention of seeds.  Are seeds such as chia, seasame, and pumpkin prohibited?  They are a great source of fat...

Also, almonds.  Why are these restricted if they are raw with skins on?

Finally, coconut oil.  I love coconut oil and it goes wonderfully with fruits (use it as a dip!).  Can I switch it up a little and use some coconut oil in place of olive oil?

Thank you in advance for taking the time to answer my questions!  I'm hoping this diet plan will help me as it has seemingly helped so many others. Cheers!

#44 ash301

ash301

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 May 2013 - 05:58 AM

Hello!

I'm just starting the Wai diet and I have a few questions:

There are is no mention of seeds.  Are seeds such as chia, seasame, and pumpkin prohibited?  They are a great source of fat...

Also, almonds.  Why are these restricted if they are raw with skins on?

Finally, coconut oil.  I love coconut oil and it goes wonderfully with fruits (use it as a dip!).  Can I switch it up a little and use some coconut oil in place of olive oil?

Thank you in advance for taking the time to answer my questions!  I'm hoping this diet plan will help me as it has seemingly helped so many others. Cheers!

Well, I take it this thread is now dead!  Thanks anyway.