Photo

Fraxel Re:pair 5

fraxel

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
25 replies to this topic

#1 DudleyDoRight

DudleyDoRight

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 November 2011 - 11:05 AM

Well I just returned from my 5th Fraxel Re:pair. The procedure has become easier with each attempt. We even grabbed a hamburger through the drive thru on the way home. The big difference this time was that I was not given Demoral so I felt much more of the stinging this time. I am sitting at 100% improvement, but we all know that will not last. I am perfect right now. I am sort of considered the poster boy for my doctor.

#2 tracy521

tracy521

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 November 2011 - 01:28 PM

that is awesome!! please post some pics when you are ready

#3 luckycat

luckycat

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 November 2011 - 01:37 PM

Yes! I agree! Please post some pics when you are comfortable. I have been considering Fraxel for scars, discoloration, and anti-aging benefits, so I am eager to see all the Fraxel results available. Congratulations on your new skin!

#4 pollodigomma

pollodigomma

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 November 2011 - 02:16 PM

Good luck on your recovery. I'm going to follow your thread with interest.

My second TotalFX is scheduled for December 22. I've seen improvement after the first so I'm cautiously optimistic. I definitely hope to get results as good as yours eventually.

#5 DudleyDoRight

DudleyDoRight

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 November 2011 - 05:52 PM

Pollo - it was between the 1st and 2nd laser that I saw the greatest improvement. Improvement is incremental, and although I am 100% right now it will not remain that high. This was so easy that I even went out to Dunkin Donuts to buy some bagels. I am doing the Aquaphor and vinegar rinses, but unless I get a lot of swelling tomorrow, the process is remarkable. A couple of guys wanted me to go out to a strip club tonight and I almost went. I have to force myself to put on Icepacks just in case. The recovery from each treatement has been progressively easier, but this has been ridiculously easy. Except for more pain during the procedure because of the lack of Demerol this has been a snap. As for pictures, I go for a hair transplant next Wednesday and I will do a facelift in about 6 months. My girlfriend goes in for a boob job on Tuesday and I get transplants on Wednesday - crazy week!

Edited by DudleyDoRight, 04 November 2011 - 06:09 PM.

#6 6sobczaa

6sobczaa

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 November 2011 - 08:24 PM

why won't the 100 percent last? What do you expect to achieve after the results diminish

#7 DudleyDoRight

DudleyDoRight

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 November 2011 - 09:07 PM

why won't the 100 percent last? What do you expect to achieve after the results diminish

Swelling makes things look better than they actually will eventually turn out, but it will be better than it was, perhaps 85-90%.

#8 joe peeps

joe peeps

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 November 2011 - 11:37 PM

Dudley you are a legend!

#9 DudleyDoRight

DudleyDoRight

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 November 2011 - 08:05 AM

Dudley you are a legend!

I am hoping that the facelift and fat grafting takes me to the Promised Land, and even then I may continue with annual Fraxel Re:pair tuneups. I will soon toss in Botox for the forehead. People find the money for stuff that won't matter in 10 years and forego what is really important.

Edited by DudleyDoRight, 05 November 2011 - 08:09 AM.

#10 DudleyDoRight

DudleyDoRight

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 November 2011 - 08:39 AM

Day 2 and only minor swelling and redness is evident. I would say that I am days advanced over my previous treatments. The recovery has been progressively easier with each procedure. After my first laser my head swelled like mellon and I thought I had made a huge mistake. I walked over to 7-11 this morning and didn't think a thing about it.. I think I have mastered Fraxel Re:pair and a facelift is my next journey.

I know a lot of yunger people think stuff like a car is important, but in the long run if they abandon all the frills and concentrate on what will effect them the rest of their life they would end up much happier. My first car was a Corvette - so what!

#11 Frax1

Frax1

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 November 2011 - 11:04 AM

Day 2 and only minor swelling and redness is evident. I would say that I am days advanced over my previous treatments. The recovery has been progressively easier with each procedure. After my first laser my head swelled like mellon and I thought I had made a huge mistake.

Great to hear that your redness is fading away so fast. How long did your redness last after your first Repair?
When you rate your improvement would you say that your (formerly) scarred skin areas now looks (almost) like normal skin? How much improvement in scar depth would you estimate from each Repair treatment?

#12 DudleyDoRight

DudleyDoRight

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 November 2011 - 11:57 AM

Day 2 and only minor swelling and redness is evident. I would say that I am days advanced over my previous treatments. The recovery has been progressively easier with each procedure. After my first laser my head swelled like mellon and I thought I had made a huge mistake.

Great to hear that your redness is fading away so fast. How long did your redness last after your first Repair?
When you rate your improvement would you say that your (formerly) scarred skin areas now looks (almost) like normal skin? How much improvement in scar depth would you estimate from each Repair treatment?

80-90% Redness after the first repair was about 2 weeks.

#13 Srananman

Srananman

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 November 2011 - 01:32 PM

Day 2 and only minor swelling and redness is evident. I would say that I am days advanced over my previous treatments. The recovery has been progressively easier with each procedure. After my first laser my head swelled like mellon and I thought I had made a huge mistake. I walked over to 7-11 this morning and didn't think a thing about it.. I think I have mastered Fraxel Re:pair and a facelift is my next journey.

I know a lot of yunger people think stuff like a car is important, but in the long run if they abandon all the frills and concentrate on what will effect them the rest of their life they would end up much happier. My first car was a Corvette - so what!

That's a great philosophy I also very much believe in.

#14 pollodigomma

pollodigomma

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 November 2011 - 02:59 PM

In my case redness lasted a good 4 months after the procedure. I don't really understand all this variability.

#15 DudleyDoRight

DudleyDoRight

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 November 2011 - 08:10 PM

It was funny I went up to the strip club and I was redder when I came back than when I left. This time is just different than the other times. I have not encountered much swelling, and the reddness was delayed.

#16 Frax1

Frax1

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 November 2011 - 03:25 AM

In my case redness lasted a good 4 months after the procedure. I don't really understand all this variability.

Was this your first laser treatment?

#17 pollodigomma

pollodigomma

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 November 2011 - 06:36 AM

Yes, it was. Well, I actually had a session of Fraxel re:store before that, if you consider it noteworthy.

Edited by pollodigomma, 06 November 2011 - 06:54 AM.

#18 DudleyDoRight

DudleyDoRight

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 November 2011 - 11:07 AM

Day 3 and the redness has intensified. This has been a little unusual. The first day you would not have known I had anything done. I was actually afraid that the doctor had turned down the treatment. In previous Re:pairs there were blood spots on my face. I already took a shower yesterday so things are just different this time.

Edited by DudleyDoRight, 06 November 2011 - 11:08 AM.

#19 451

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 November 2011 - 03:49 PM

Hey Dudley,

Thanks for coming back and keeping us all updated on your progress. Good luck with your healing.

I am planning on getting fat grafting done in the next few months to six months and I was hoping to get any info you had on it. I have done significant research and I am pretty sure I have found a doctor (of course he is the first one and only one I have seen but I really liked him) Anyway I was hoping you would share with me what you are looking for in a surgeon and what questions you are asking etc. Do you think that fat injections (mine would be for facial fat atrophy) would be equivalent to the effect recell has on texture or scarred areas? . I have read the literature but just trying to get your opinion. Are you planning on getting the fat grafting and facelift done at the same time? Also, any info on your facelift prep would be great. Sorry for the disjointed post. We seem to be interested in similar procedures with the exception of the laser so any input/knowledge will be extremely beneficial. Thank you in advance for your time. And again good healing.

#20 DudleyDoRight

DudleyDoRight

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 November 2011 - 02:46 PM

Wolf, I will probably get fat grafting with my facelift. It is so very difficult to find a doctor because everyones opinions are subjective and the ones who post the most are the ones with negative comments. Probably the best you can do is look at pictures of the work they have done. There was on PS in Az that I saw on Realself that seemed to have real good results. If a doctor doesn't have before and after pictures it would be very had to select him. I may just bite the bullet and travel to AZ. It is Daniel Shapiro in Scottsdale.