Photo

Differin, Aczone - 5 Weeks Later (With Pics)

differin aczone zinc

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 MayTheRoadBeShort

MayTheRoadBeShort

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 4
About Me

Posted 31 October 2011 - 12:07 PM

I obsessively scoured this site for answers for months after a sudden onset of acne back in mid July.
I'm 29, female, fair skin/freckles - and had been totally clear before wham ....

CHIN 9 23 11 At 2.09 PM

I went to a female dermatologist on September 21st who prescribed Differin PM and Aczone AM along with Prascion sulfur wash and Cephalexon, an antibiotic. I also took zinc, a hair/skin/nails vitamin, and fiber. I cut down on dairy, drank more water, changed my pillow case every other night, always used a fresh wash cloth, started using zinc shampoo, started using a fluoride free toothpaste, and stopped picking at my face.

I still get the occasional zit - especially around my cycle - but I'm pretty much clear now. I changed so many things about my lifestyle that I'm not for sure exactly what worked - but I certainly recommend doing everything you can. I was told more than once that I was going overboard - but it worked ... something worked. What you see in this picture are scars/discoloration that will eventually fade. Overall - my skin is soft and smooth (thanks to the Differin, I think).

10.31.11 - 5 Weeks Differin and Aczone

I kept my eyes on the light at the end of the road and imagined that every second that passed was another second to beat the crap out of my acne and get closer to that light. I tried to stay positive - and did so by picturing/believing that I would have clear skin again, that failure was not an option. I was so focused on my goal that as the days went by I spent less and less time crying, worrying, obsessing - and actually felt proud when I had flakes all over my chin because I knew my skin was changing - felt grateful I had seconds to continue to fight - cared less about what anybody thought and began to participate again in my own life.

I want to say thank you to everyone on this site for sharing your stories - for unknowingly supporting me through this struggle - for the hope that the fight against acne can be won.

If you're interested in knowing more details surrounding my acne - please feel free to respond or message me.
May your road to clear skin also be short Posted Image

#2 gems2889

gems2889

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 31 October 2011 - 12:46 PM

omg what a progress u made. I am so happy for you :). I am still struggling but its so true about stop obsessing over our acne and live our lives.

#3 MayTheRoadBeShort

MayTheRoadBeShort

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 October 2011 - 01:29 PM

Thank you!

While it's impossible to stop obsessing immediately - what you can do immediately is envision success.
Do it every day - multiple times a day. Just the thought of clear skin would make me smile - make me hopeful.
The obsessing, eventually, went away on its own.

Good luck to you!

#4 PaulH85

PaulH85

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 11
About Me

Posted 31 October 2011 - 04:06 PM

Looking good. Long may those results continue for you! :)

#5 Skkaii

Skkaii

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 October 2011 - 06:22 PM

Congratulations!

#6 Valerie44

Valerie44

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 18
About Me

Achievements

Posted 10 December 2011 - 12:05 PM

I have just been perscribed Aczone as of yesterday, i have to use Aczone in the Am and Retin-a in the pm. I sure hope I get the same results as you, you look great!!! Congrats!!! Posted Image

#7 allrighty

allrighty

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 19 December 2011 - 10:46 PM

I just bought Differin .1% strength today....I am hoping itll clear my pores and get rid of my blackheads....so depressed...you look great btw, well done

#8 nhatminhgcse

nhatminhgcse

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 January 2012 - 03:25 AM

My doctor ( french man ) precribed me with differin and doxycyciline ,my chin is finally cleared up just like your but i only about nearly 3 week after begin the treatment to fully cleared my face , good luck to you btw , what a vastly magnifique improvement!!!

#9 MayTheRoadBeShort

MayTheRoadBeShort

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 March 2012 - 03:35 PM

Haven't been on this site for a long time and wanted to say thanks to those that commented!

Update:
The coloration in my scars have faded - but my skin is still thicker (from the scars) on my chin that it used to be pre acne.
It's not noticeable to anyone but me.
I get monthly hormonal acne now (between 1-3 spots) in the scarred tissue.
I wasn't anywhere near finishing the Differin treatment since I stopped at 5 weeks - so the scar tissue is my fault.
I've been waiting to let the spring/summer sun take care of it naturally since it's so minimal.

I barely wash my face now (however, when I do I use the prescribed sulfur wash - which is still amazing).
My skin was never great - even before the acne - and it's returned to the same decent state.
My goal was to be clear by 30. I'm 30 now. No complaints :)

Every second is a second to fight your acne.
Kick it in the balls!
All the best to all of you out there.