Photo

Is Jojoba Oil Shiny On The Skin?

jojoba shiny accutane amnesteem moisturizer jojoba oil

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 ChuckT

ChuckT

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 October 2011 - 05:35 PM

Hi I just started accutane (Amnesteem) and since I know that a very common side effect is excessivly dry skin I am wondering if Dan's moisturizer is a good one to use while on Accutane or perhaps just the Jojoba Oil? If the Jojoba Oil is good to use then is it going to make my face look shiny? Or if there are other better products or suggestions it is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

#2 Chococrit

Chococrit

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 29 October 2011 - 07:31 PM

Personally I liked using a moisturizer that felt good on my skin. I found that for the really dry stage of my Accutane that anything with SPF would feel really good and was better at keeping the flakes away. I wouldn't want to use an oil only on my skin. I doubt that it will be moisturizing enough. It would be great as an additive, but not on it's own. You only want to use a few drops as it is (3-7) so that really wouldn't do much as far as coverage or helping the dryness. Just stick with a very gentle cleanser and moisturizer. I actually had to use two. One for every day type of use and then the one with SPF for the days that got real dry. Hope that helps. Good Luck!

#3 AyeAye

AyeAye

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 30
About Me

Achievements

Posted 30 October 2011 - 05:55 AM

Yes, agree with Chococrit that jojoba is great as an additive but not on its own as a moisturiser. When using an oil, it acts more as a sealant, locking in a moisturiser as it doesnt actually soak into the skin like a moisturiser does.

I have extremely dry skin and I really like Dan's moisturiser, but at night time I find I have to use something more moisturising such as cetaphil lotion. Perhaps you will just need to try a few until you find one that suits your skin and condition.

#4 danipaskor

danipaskor

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 October 2011 - 06:43 AM

I recommend using a moisturizer daily and then adding a few drops of jojoba oil to it when you are at home cleaning, paying bills, doing laundry, before bed, etc.
It will make your face shiny but it feels sooo good! You can actually smile, laugh, sing (I make some intense faces when I am singing) without your skin feeling constricted.

#5 riveragolden

riveragolden

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 November 2011 - 08:04 AM

Not only jojoba but in fact all oils look shiny on the skin..So I prefer moisturizer for my skin..Although it not fully works,in winter my skin become dry and moisturiser is not enough so I have to use oil...

#6 Cocobo

Cocobo

Nyanyanyanyanyan

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 02 November 2011 - 11:26 AM

Yeah jojoba oil is definitely shiny on the skin, and it's not a great moisturizer by itself... Use a moisturizer like Dan's and add jojoba oil to it. Or alternatively what I did when my skin was super dry was soak my face in jojoba oil for 20-30 minutes (watch Netflix, etc.) then wash it off and do the rest of my Regimen (including moisturizer) and that really helped. Consider trying that.

#7 CiaoBellaKate

CiaoBellaKate

Kate-Georgia

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 06 December 2011 - 07:57 PM

I cannot recommend jojoba more highly in both its properties as a cleanser and moisturiser. Yes, it can give a bit of a sheen to the skin but to counteract this I recommend applying it to a wet face rather than a dry one. This helps it to permeate much better and not just sit on the surface. Also use a moisturiser with it on top as this gives better results.

#8 Swj48

Swj48

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 17 January 2012 - 05:28 AM

Jojoba is definitely shiny. Mix just a few drops with your moisturizer and you are good to go. I usually mix 2 drops in the morning to minimize shine, and 4-5 drops at night because, well, I don't care how shiny I am when I'm asleep.

#9 inkly

inkly

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 January 2012 - 02:53 PM

It's not shiny if you only use two drops for dry patches. I put loads on at night so my face looks slick and oily. It feels lovely and soaks in while I'm reading in bed.