Photo

Do You Shave At Night, Or In The Morning? Why?

shave acne accutane scar cure cold warm

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
24 replies to this topic

#1 Pord

Pord

Order and Progress

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 October 2011 - 01:23 PM

Hey,

I was just wondering how many of you shave in the morning and how many of you shave at night. I am wondering because I used to shave at night and now I shave in the morning. I was thinking that maybe when I shave in the morning and go out in the sun it may irritate my face more because I just passed a blade over my skin.

When do you shave and why?

Thanks.

#2 Krov

Krov

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 October 2011 - 07:50 PM

I shave in the morning due to the fact that my facial hair grows a lot quicker when I'm asleep for some odd reason. But I never get irritation, I did get razor bumps though until I found this great product called Bump Patrol 2.

#3 Pord

Pord

Order and Progress

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 October 2011 - 11:22 AM

Thanks for the reply.

#4 sithas15

sithas15

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 31 October 2011 - 12:32 AM

For me i use an electric shaver. I used to use blades but noticed a lot of irritation. I sometimes shave in the morning and night it just depends on when i get around to it. i always shave after showering. Ill wait a little bit after my face has dried and right before i use my toner. Its been working great.

#5 unbreakable1

unbreakable1

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 17
About Me

Posted 31 October 2011 - 12:39 AM

Morning, only because that's when I get ready

#6 Pord

Pord

Order and Progress

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 October 2011 - 02:23 PM

Morning, only because that's when I get ready

Thanks for the reply.

#7 Elvisman11

Elvisman11

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 08 November 2011 - 03:29 PM

I shave mostly at night, because that's when I take my showers.

I always get irritation with any type of razor (whether it be a DE razor, two blade razor, electric razor, or a five blade razor) , because my skin is super sensitive. Showering after a shave seems to deal with the irritation and redness that shaving causes me. I only grow a tiny bit of stubble overnight, so I'm still pretty much clean shaven throughout the day.

"The image is one thing and the human being is another. It's very hard to live up to an image." - Elvis Presley

</br></br>

Regimen:

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Morning:

Wash with Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash

Apply Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion For All Skin Types

Take 100mg of Doxycycline

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Evening:

Wash with Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash

Apply 0.025% Tretinoin gel

Take 100mg of Doxycycline

Shaving Routine:
Wash Face With Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash
Apply 100% Vitamin E Oil As A Pre-Shave Oil
Lather Up Either Proraso Ultra Sensitive Skin Shave Soap Or Art Of Shaving's Lavender Shaving Cream For Sensitive Skin With A 100% Pure Badger Brush
Place Either A LORD Platinum Or Feather Blade Into My 1957 Gillette Blue Tip Super Speed Razor
Shave With The Grain For The First Pass, Across The Grain For The Second Pass, And Across The Grain (In Opposite Direction) For The Third Pass
Rinse With Warm Water Between Passes And Re-Lather
Rinse With Cold Water After Shave Is Complete
Apply Stetson Black (By Coty) Aftershave Balm With Aloe

#8 captainsunshine

captainsunshine

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 November 2011 - 03:35 PM

Haven't used a blade for about 10 years, electric is best for troublesome skin.
Keep meat lean, and juices green...

#9 Pord

Pord

Order and Progress

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 November 2011 - 07:06 AM

Haven't used a blade for about 10 years, electric is best for troublesome skin.

Thanks for the comment.

#10 Dave from Canada

Dave from Canada

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 December 2011 - 11:15 AM

Electric (rotary) shaver before showering in the PM. When I shaved with a blade I would only do it AFTER washing.

With the electric razor I find that it's best to shave every day, otherwise it can cause irritation, so if I miss shaving in the PM I will shave the next morning. When I used to shave with a razor I would shave every 3-4 days (I don't care about stubble, I rather like it) because it took so much longer for my skin to recover.

#11 tim12

tim12

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 27 December 2011 - 11:34 AM

I shave in the morning when I take a shower, towards the end when the hair is softened. It's daily pretty much, and it's also a form of exfoliation. I've heard dermatologists say this is one reason why guys don't get wrinkles as soon.

#12 allrighty

allrighty

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 27 December 2011 - 11:50 PM

I shave at night after Ive had a shower, I find that if I have irritation, U can go to bed and hopefully it will clear up abit by morning.

#13 PatrickParker

PatrickParker

OTC hater

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 20 January 2012 - 03:22 AM

At night you can take your time without the fumbles of a rushed/stressfilled morning. Its also very theraputic for me at night... Just a great way to wind down and smoothen my face before applying the regimen treatment. And then i get a sexy stubble goin on for the morning:)

How I got clear...

Am: Gently wash face with warm water, ACV and green tea mixed evenly toner after.

Pm: Shave(exfoliate) with pacific shaving company natural shaving cream/ gently cleanse face with jojoba oil/ shower off with warm water/ ACV&green tea toner after shower.

Diet: Eat whatever the hell I want but low carb/high fiber/high protein conscious. Take mens 1 a day multivitamin, 1200mg fish oil soft gel, 400mg eluethero twice a day, 40 grams whey protein isolate twice a day, 2 cap fulls of ACV twice a day, plenty of espresso and green tea throughout the day.

#14 Ghostunit

Ghostunit

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 15
About Me

Posted 02 June 2012 - 05:07 AM

I shave in the morning. I always buy this blade that has something naturally on the blade. I rarely get zits when I shave. I really love the blade I use! It is expensive though, but all natural.
Best way to make your skin smooth and clear eventually:

Plant-based diet is the best medicine for everything.. That's if you consume at least 80% raw, mainly from veggies and fruits.
Exercising: cardio is great for skin and lifting a bit.
Thinking positive and try not to stress or think about acne.

I am doing these and my skin is currently very smooth and clearing up!
I am a vegan raw 100%. I feel better, have more energy, saving animals a year, glow skin, I look younger, etc.

#15 Pord

Pord

Order and Progress

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:50 AM

Update:

I actually have started to use a beard trimmer. There is little irritation and I shave whenever I feel that it is necessary.

#16 allrighty

allrighty

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 09 June 2012 - 01:41 AM

go the beard trimmer!!! def better then close shave
no agrovation at all!

#17 epicdermis

epicdermis

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 09 June 2012 - 09:31 AM

When I use a beard trimmer, it never gets rid of stubble (even on the lowest setting). I use an electric shaver and I shave in the morning because it helps my skin feel smooth and fresh.

#18 Randall Flagg

Randall Flagg

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 7
About Me

Posted 11 June 2012 - 11:00 PM

I usually shave at night. Usually when I have nothing to do the next day, because my skin needs a "recovery" day because my cheeks end up really red, I think from blade irritation. I have no problems with a beard trimmer, but it doesn't give me that close of a shave, always leaves a bit left.

Daily Regimen:
-Clean and Clear Foaming Cleanser
-Dan's 2.5% BP 
-Jojoba oil as moisturizer

Nightly Regimen:
-Clean and Clear Foaming Cleanser
-Dan's 2.5% BP
-Cetaphil moisturizer + a few drops of Jojoba oil 

My Regimen Log: http://www.acne.org/...gs-regimen-log/

#19 collegeboy84

collegeboy84

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 11 June 2012 - 11:31 PM

Hey,

I was just wondering how many of you shave in the morning and how many of you shave at night. I am wondering because I used to shave at night and now I shave in the morning. I was thinking that maybe when I shave in the morning and go out in the sun it may irritate my face more because I just passed a blade over my skin.

When do you shave and why?

Thanks.

I almost always shave in the morning, then once again in the afternoon before school but after work to keep that clean look. However, I use the Pansonic ES-LA-93K which is a GOD SEND shaver for men... even more so if your a man with sensitive skin, or have active acne.

http://www.amazon.co...ef=pd_sim_hpc_2 (300+ reviews and nearly 5 stars speaks for itself)

I used razor blades for so many years, I actually know of at least 2 scars on my face are directly related to cutting myself bad with a shaver when in a hurry. I have used Double edged razors as well.

This electric razor from Pansonic will cut my hairs nearly as close, with NO irritation, in about 60 seconds if I wanted to... though I usually do a second run through to get even closer. Good electric razors today are nothing like the old ones from a few years ago. This thing will not only cut your hairs incredibly fast/close, but they rarely ever pull hairs, irritate skin... and this 1 from amazon is especially nice because it cleans and dries the shaver for you... keeping your blades in the sharpest pristine condition.

Make the move to electric bro... the 200 dollars will probably end up saving you a ton of money in the long run and you will never not look forward to shaving again.

P.S. You can use this shaver wet or dry. Though I prefer dry

Oh and one more thing. I mentioned that this shaver will cut your hair really close but not quite as close as a razor (if it did then it would be irritating)... but because you can literally shave in seconds and make no mess at all, you can actually shave several times a day (as I do) and actually keep your beard shorter then if you were to just shave once a day with a razor. Think about it.

Sorry for the edits but one more thing... If 200 dollars is too pricey for you, there is a slightly weaker motor of the same model for about a 100 dollars on amazon made by Pansonic. You can also get the shavers without the cleaner/dryer dock and save yourself another 20-30 bucks. I have very dense, thick hairs so I prefer the stronger motors to avoid any pulling.

Edited by collegeboy84, 11 June 2012 - 11:43 PM.

My 3 co2 laser fraxel:repair journal w/ photos-

http://www.acne.org/...s/#entry3248488

Good read-

http://ajcn.nutritio...t/86/1/107.full

#20 Syn1122

Syn1122

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 July 2012 - 02:47 AM

i shave after shower less irritation , and feels better and closer shave