Photo

Sugar Free - causes acne???

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 gymrat7676

gymrat7676

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 September 2004 - 10:40 PM

Do u all think sugar free products help aggravate acne?
MY ROUTINE

AM
1) wash with paula's choice normal to oily cleanser
2) Napca mist from twinlab or the one from nuskin and spray many times to get a good layer of moisture.
3)Avalon organics revitalizing eye gel
4)Cory Minerals (I've found that the secret to cory is to use ur brush to really swirl it around to grind the powder down even finer than it is and then to tap off the excess and start off with thin layers and build.) i also will take a concealer brush and dab it on certain areas that i need to cover up more thickly and then use a bronzer with a big bronzer brush to blend. ( i use estee lauder bronze goddess). i use bronzer all over and this seems to even out everything.
5)Aquaphor for lips.

PM
1)Same PC N/O
2b)some nights I mask with aspirin mixed with milk of magnesia and nuetrogena clear pore cleanser mask in nose and chin area - to make mask i use a small spray bottle with distilled water that i always keep in my bathroom and i take about 8 aspirin in the palm of my hand and spray and mush with my fingers until it is a thick paste. i then add a drop of MOM and put a small amount of neut. clear pore cleanser mask. don't use mask every night.
3)Aubrey organics Vegecol toner
4)Spot treat w/ prosacea gel
5)same on eyes and lips as AM

#2 LoveGreenSmoothies

LoveGreenSmoothies

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 10 September 2004 - 11:11 PM

Sugar substitutes are so bad for you. I do not know if they cause acne, but I have read countless studies on how damaging they are for you. I choose to stay away.
Please only PM me if it's something that cannot be talked about on the thread or is highly personal. This way, everyone benefits.

#3 sadcaroline

sadcaroline

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 September 2004 - 03:43 AM

emma is right.. sugar substitutes are highly acidic, an to keep acne away you want to stay more alkaline. if you need a good sweetener 'xylitol' is AMAZING.. it isnt acidic.. and it honestly tastes just like suagr. stevia is healthy too, but i think it tastes bad..lol
[image removed by sigbot--see board rules] Country music makes me horny

#4 SweetJade1980

SweetJade1980

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 September 2004 - 08:05 AM

yeah in terms of healthy & beneficial sugar substitutes, my votes are with Sadcaroline. I tried powder stevia once and it kinda tasted like aspartame, yuck. They said that if you put too much in it would taste awful, dang that's some very sweeeet stuff then! However supposedly Now Brand's Liquid Stevia is better tasting. When I use Xylitol, it does feel like I'm "cheating" even though I am not. Kinda cool cool.gif
These are not steps, but stages some people progress through when going from conventional to holistic medicine. Stage 2 is how I became 99%+ Clear, eliminated my dysmennorhea, significantly reduced my sebum & pore size, etc & is my predominant method.

Stage 1 (Treatment):
* (Daily) Isocare Skin Control Cleanser, Dream Products Customized Natural Face Lotion & Coppertone Sport Spray Sunscreen (mixed)
* (Sporadically) spot treat w/ anti-inflammatory (neosporin, hydrocortisone, salicylic acid) or a skin lightener (post-inflammatory pigmentation) to treat stubborn cystic/nodular acne that appears due to unknowingly or knowingly ingesting a food/ingredient that breaks me out (I do my best to avoid these foods). If you cover treated area w/ a bandaid, it makes product more effective.

Stage 2 (Prevention): "cheapest" method ~ Since Aug. 2002
* Follow a Gluten-Free, Trans-Fat Free, Dairy-Free and No Added Sugar diet for my Insulin Resistance/Hyperandrogenism (Silent Chronic Inflammatory Syndrome)
* Avoid ALL types of nuts and the Genus Prunus (almonds, plums, peaches, nectarines, apricots, cherries), Bananas, Pineapples, Cottonseed oil, Artificial Sweetners.

Stage 3 (Correction):
* 1/18/08 Ultimate Colon Cleanse (30 day program)

Research:
* Developing functional foods for those with acne & other special needs (assuming there's a defficiency).
* Developing good & "safe" formulas for various hormonal issues for women. Correction stage may resolve this for some.

#5 BenKweller

BenKweller

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 September 2004 - 12:45 PM

Problem: Sugar-full products don't really cause acne either.

#6 edenfield

edenfield

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 September 2004 - 06:54 PM

even if they don't

aspartame is a neurotoxin so you just wanna stay away from it anyways.
[image removed by sigbot--see board rules]

#7 LoveGreenSmoothies

LoveGreenSmoothies

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 11 September 2004 - 11:48 PM

^^Yes.

I wasn't saying sugar subs cause acne. They are just bad for you in general.
Please only PM me if it's something that cannot be talked about on the thread or is highly personal. This way, everyone benefits.

#8 Dices15

Dices15

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 September 2004 - 02:18 PM

White sugar is also bad for you. not only for your skin but you whole body. Stick to natrual brown sugar's. Sugar subs. are actually worse than the white sugar. I don't trust eating anything that was atlered in a lab.
John 15:7 "If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you."

#9 BronzeSurfer

BronzeSurfer

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 September 2004 - 02:41 PM

QUOTE (Dices15 @ Sep 12 2004, 01:05 PM)
White sugar is also bad for you. not only for your skin but you whole body. Stick to natrual brown sugar's. Sugar subs. are actually worse than the white sugar. I don't trust eating anything that was atlered in a lab.

I'd like to be able to agree with that, but it's just not true in today's society. All sugar we eat is highly processed. Brown sugar is simply white sugar coated with molasses. For "real" sugar, you need to eat fresh sugarcane (which is delicious btw).

#10 JesusistheonlywaytoGod

JesusistheonlywaytoGod

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 September 2004 - 03:17 PM

If I stick to 40gs of sugar and no smoking for a week my skin seems to get better but on days when I eat nothing but sweets in excess and smoke a pack my skin def looks worse and I break out. I think Sugar and Smoking aggravate acne.

#11 Dices15

Dices15

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 September 2004 - 03:54 PM

QUOTE (BronzeSurfer @ Sep 12 2004, 02:28 PM)
QUOTE (Dices15 @ Sep 12 2004, 01:05 PM)

I'd like to be able to agree with that, but it's just not true in today's society. All sugar we eat is highly processed. Brown sugar is simply white sugar coated with molasses. For "real" sugar, you need to eat fresh sugarcane (which is delicious btw).

Well my sugar is all natrual I get it from a health food store (Which I harldy ever use anyway). And I just don't eat products with white sugar or flour in it. The brown sugar your talking about is not the brow sugar I am talking about.
John 15:7 "If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you."