Photo

Why Do You Want To Have A Clear Skin?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
105 replies to this topic

#41 ihateacne202

ihateacne202

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 January 2012 - 08:49 AM

I want clear skin because I want to be able to stop spending an hour or more covering it everyday , so i can go out more and meet people,and so that the bullying and years of comments can fade and I don't have to be depressed or cry over something I can conquer .

#42 vcpd

vcpd

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 January 2012 - 05:31 PM

To join the rest of the population and not feel like a socially excluded person.

#43 KissDontTell

KissDontTell

Live fast die young, bad girls do it well.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 14 January 2012 - 01:09 AM

So I can have something in my life to be happy about.

#44 ohhhhhhnooooooo

ohhhhhhnooooooo

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 14 January 2012 - 02:33 AM

i want clear skin because i want clear skin :P

#45 Nelo18

Nelo18

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 January 2012 - 01:05 AM

If u Look Good u Feel Good. thats why.

19 yrs old with no job. no college. no confidence since acne came in.

#46 unbreakable1

unbreakable1

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 17
About Me

Posted 15 January 2012 - 04:14 AM

Because I feel ugly and don't want to have to worry about when I'm next going to get a zit.

#47 k3tchup

k3tchup

RN

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 15 January 2012 - 11:30 PM

many reasons compiled into 1: i want my self back, my happy self, my confident self.

i want it so that when i go out i dont have ppl looking, feeling sorry for me, lookin at ya weird, starring.i want to "normal" and not "that guy with.."

i want not have to worry about it, worry about taking my vitamins, revolving my life around it. Its better now but even after the worst of it i still feel like its there and i still cant look people in the eye or feel "proud" and "confident". Be nice to have someone special to to be with.. which i think if i looked better would happen then... idk.

Edited by k3tchup, 15 January 2012 - 11:31 PM.

#48 rii

rii

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 January 2012 - 11:56 PM

I hate acne so much. Seriously, I thought I was done dealing with it after accutane, but NOPE. No such luck. My skin has started breaking out again. Lucky me.

Here is the major reason I want clear skin: Because for the few months after I stopped accutane, I felt the best I had felt in years. I felt so much more confident, made more friends, was willing to be more social, didn't have to wear makeup, etc. People would compliment me on my skin and it made me feel really good. But now I feel uncomfortable in my own skin again. I look in the mirror and feel like crying. I HATE wearing makeup because I feel like it's somehow fake, like people aren't seeing me for who I really am because I feel ugly and embarrassed and have to cover up. I feel helpless. I have literally tried everything. Even accutane. I am at my wits end, I am seriously going to go insane if this keeps happening to me. I'm 21, none of my friends or the people I work with have acne. I feel alienated and alone in this struggle, no one in my life can empathize. When my skin gets bad, I isolate myself. And when isolation isn't an option (like I have school or work) I spend the entire day trying to avoid certain lighting, sunlight, etc. Or just avoiding people altogether. I'm so sick of dealing with skin problems. I can deal with my scarring, but I can't deal with acne. I'm sick of it.

#49 lightersUP

lightersUP

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 16 January 2012 - 01:50 PM

Mostly to just feel comfortable in my own skin. Everyone tells me I'm handsome, cute, etc. but when I have acne it really gets me down. Kinda like I'm not living to my full potential if that makes any sense. It feels great to have a clear face though, it's hard to explain. You just feel as though you can get into any social situation and own it. When I had my acne at its worst I just wanted to hide under the covers all day.

#50 The Darkest Cloud

The Darkest Cloud

|TheComeUp|

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 16 January 2012 - 05:43 PM

Confidence. And boost my chances with the best females ;-)

#51 thrillpink

thrillpink

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 5
About Me

Posted 17 January 2012 - 11:57 AM

Because I feel like it ruins everything.
I can work out, put on nice clothes, put on nice make up, do my hair, but I feel like that all falls into the background and all everybody sees is bad skin.

#52 rbamf

rbamf

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 January 2012 - 02:59 AM

I want clear skin because I believe (for whatever reason) that I look better without it.

durr

#53 rareform

rareform

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 January 2012 - 02:01 PM

I want to get a job
I want to get a girlfriend
I want to be able to be confident
I want to have fun
I want to be able to live my life

#54 LizzLemon

LizzLemon

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 January 2012 - 02:52 PM

I want clear skin because Acne tells lies about me:

i must not eat well,
i must be dirty,
or *the worst*
i must have been a drug addict!

I swear, if i hear ONE MORE PERSON tell me I have "meth face," i will lose my freaking mind. that just takes the cake.

i am tired of people looking at me like i brought this upon myself. do they really think people want this? it's no wonder people living with Acne start to remove themselves from social situations. it can be very hard to introduce yourself to a new person (or someone you haven't seen in ages) and not imagine what they are thinking. even if they *didn't* think about your skin condition, it's hard to forgive and forget all the prior experiences.

but the question for myself is:
how much longer am i going to hold other people accountable for the way i feel? how much longer will i let these thoughts control me? i need to find my own intrinsic value. i must be more to myself than what i see in the mirror.

#55 Ilovemesomevanity

Ilovemesomevanity

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 January 2012 - 05:43 PM

this might sound cheesy but i want to fall in love and let the guy touch my face like in the movies...

#56 deleted00

deleted00

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 January 2012 - 06:55 PM

To have confidence and a social life.

#57 mrjarjarbinks77

mrjarjarbinks77

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 31 January 2012 - 10:59 PM

I know, it might sound stupid question for you, but try to think deeper, and answer. Why do you want to have clear skin? What is your purpose? What could give you clear skin, how would it change your life? Do you really need it?

I want it cause, I don't have it, and without cosmetics, I likely never will with or without seeking medical attention. Once damage is done, you can only make it better. It can't ever be fixed. I thought acne was the worst but, scars and permanent damage are the worst. All the praying, all the money spent on organics, nutrition, and medication were a lost cause. My dad says if I didn't do that, it may even be a lot worse, worst beyond my comprehension. Maybe he is right. It still sucks. I dispies my shitty genes but, I am trying to get past this, treat myself with love and respect. Meet some girls and maybe have a relationship. I bought a audio cd book that is about confidence from paul mckenna. It is no miracle but, it has definitely helped and doing the book and audio regularly, you strengthen confidence. You also need to take chances, go out when depressed, and be social even when you don't feel like it. If not, acne/scars/circumstances win. We can't let that happen.

#58 BriGriff

BriGriff

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 February 2012 - 08:59 PM

So I can wake up EVERY morning and love life and look forward to what the day has to give! instead of being terrified to look in the mirror and see those pesky new zits staring back in my face saying "Haha there goes your plans!"

Lol just my thoughts

#59 Ashley Elizabeth Sego

Ashley Elizabeth Sego

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 19
About Me

Posted 05 February 2012 - 11:21 AM

I just want to have my old self-steem back... I don't want to wake up and worry about what will be on my face... I don't want to be sad anymore.
And yes, cysts are effing painful! D:

#60 elfgirl

elfgirl

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 February 2012 - 04:26 PM

How about at my age I've "earned it"! all the hell I've been through, all the pain and stress and humiliation, all of the times that were supposed to be special in my life have been ruined by acne! And yes I know I am having a "pity party" but so what! I think that we have all "earned it"!!!! I look at the kids I work with that could be my kids and they have the kind of skin I want. Most of them don't take care of it, eat whatever and never give it a thought. I bet they don't think about that one little brownie or a sip or two of soda or a french fry and think "OMG!!!!! I will get a zit from this! The emotional and mental and physical turmoil that this causes is unfathomable. I hate being "judged" by those that "freak" when the get a "zit"!!!! Zit my ass!!!!! its nothing but a tiny,tiny red dot! usually gone in about an hour cause they drank water, or washed it, or my favorite "bombed" the hell out of it with bp! Elf