Photo

Am I Having An Allergic Reaction To Epiduo?

epiduo sore throat allergic reaction

3 replies to this topic

#1 Idolator

Idolator

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 October 2011 - 05:53 AM

When I last saw my dermatologist, he gave me some samples of Epiduo to use. I'm on the second day of using it (I apply it once before going to sleep every night), and after applying it tonight I noticed my throat got sore, it almost felt like it was maybe bleeding. When I applied it for the first time last night I didn't notice that, so I don't really know.

Could this be an allergic side effect of using it? I know the side effects say a possible tightening of your throat, but I don't think that is exactly what is happening here, it's just pretty sore and hurts.

When I used to apply Benzaclin, I had a similar thing happen to me, but I never really took notice of it and I just continued to apply it for about a month until I switched to something else because I had ran out of samples.

Should I quit using Epiduo? Or should I hold out and see if maybe the sore throat is just a coincidence?

Any help would be great, thanks.

#2 N.clare

N.clare

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 27
About Me

Posted 26 October 2011 - 02:05 PM

Go back to your doctor and ask if it's normal.
Also, you might want to avoid the neck as the skin there can be quite sensitive and thin... It'll irritate and dry out faster than your face. But my main advise is to just go back to your doctor and explain your issues with it - you might not be applying it right or could be too strong for you etc... But best to get checked properly x
Regime...

Morning
Splash face with cold water
Moisturise w/ Kimberly Sayer ultra light day cream SPF 25

Evening
Remove eye make up
wash face with water
Apply Epiduo

#3 Idolator

Idolator

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 October 2011 - 07:02 PM

Oh okay, thanks a lot for the help!

#4 luckycat

luckycat

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 October 2011 - 03:40 PM

My throat gets sore, almost raw feeling, if I am allergic to a product. Even the most innocuous cosmetics, like Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel, will make it itchy and dry within minutes of use. It seems to mostly happen with gels.
Cookies sure were good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users