Photo

Spironolactone & Tri Sprintec Birth Control

makeup

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
173 replies to this topic

#1 Hopefulstar

Hopefulstar

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 October 2011 - 08:50 PM

Day 4 of spironolactone with no tri sprintec because my endocronologist said to wait until i get my period and then i could take it the first weekend i start my period. Im supposed to get my period this friday but knowing my irregular peruod prior to spiro, it won't be a surprise if i dont have it this friday.

As for my face, my face has gotten less oily which is good but i breakout everyday. I broke out everyday before taking spiro too. I just hope i would stop breaking out soon because my face makes me feel depressed and sad.

I also use clyndamycine phosphate morning and night. I wash my face with ponds clear solutions face wash. I take my makeup off with ponds cucumber cold cream. I dont really excercise, only when i feel like it and i eat whatever i want. I often have problems sleeping. When i have school i take off my makeup with the ponds cold cream and after wash my face with ponds clear solutions and then i apply aveeno clear complexion moisturizer.

#2 Hopefulstar

Hopefulstar

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 October 2011 - 08:31 PM

Day 5

Still getting new pimples everyday, it sucks because it's to the point it hurts when i touch it to apply clindamycine gel or moisturizer and when washing my face. Im supposed to get my period in two days (friday) but knowing my stupid irregular cycle, it probably wont come not until after 50 days or so. But i am hoping the spiro will regulate my cycles and ill be so happy if it does and itll actually come in two days when its supposed to because irregular periods are a big reason to why im even dealing with severe acne. Ive noticed ever since i had irregular periods, thats when ive been having severe breakouts. The two things the spiro has given me benefits in is having less oil and i seem to be loosing weight, its not much weight but i think i am loosing some weight but then again it could just be my imagination. As for my breakoutss, its so bad that i notice my friends looking at my acne breakouts when i talk to them. I get really sad but i just try to shake it off and i tell myself that in 3 months, i will see amazing results. I pray that i do because i want to be done with acne so bad. Ive cried and become depressed over it for so long ):

#3 lja08

lja08

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 October 2011 - 08:46 AM

i totally understand how you feel. i started spiro a week ago and its been going well--definitely less oily, but i did breakout a tiny bit a couple days ago...things clear up faster though on spiro since it dries out your sebaceous glands, which basically FEED the acne bacteria with an overproduction of oil. YUCK. so if you do have a breakout, it will dry up faster!

i understand about not feeling good about yourself, but stay with it! if your friends stare at your breakouts, i've felt better just levelling with them...be like...yes i know my skin is a disaster now but im working to clear it up so when you see me next, it will look better! or have them be nice and tell you it doesnt look as bad as you think :) which is usually never does.

anyway, good luck! hopefully the new breakouts stop!

#4 Hopefulstar

Hopefulstar

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 October 2011 - 09:02 PM

Thank you for your words of wisdome! Im glad you replied because its great to know someone one is on the same treatment and that we both started about the same time! Please let me know any negative side effects in the future so i can be prepared for them haha! Did you notice how you eat whatever you want but you manage to feel like you're loosing weight from spiro? It could be my imagination but i feel like even if i do eat whatever i want, i wake up feeling like a have a smaller stomach hahaah it could just be my imagination tho haha! Are you taking a borth control with your spiro? I still havnt because i havnt gotten my period and my endocronologist told me to wait to take it on the first weekend that i do which i dont know why but i didnt ask why hahaha if u know why, i would like to know too haha

#5 Hopefulstar

Hopefulstar

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 October 2011 - 09:25 PM

Day 6

Im not quite sure if i got any new breakouts because i dont even like to look at my face anymore since i have sooooooooo much active acne. Last time i counted i had over 50. I know its so horrible thats why i dont even like to look at my face and try to see any new breakouts. I will just base it on ovious improvements when i do these logs. But what i can share with you guys is im loving the less oily face that ive had with spiro and another great thing is the possibility of losing weight even though i eat anything i want so thats a major plus :) as for my face, something ovious ive noticed without inspectioning in detail since i dont like to look at my face in the mirror is that ive noticed a more clearer complexion which surprised me and made me less sad about all the active acne i had all over my face. I still have probably over 50 active acne. They are all over my face. Im surprised about getting so much on my forehead because i never really worried about it until now. I seem to get so much of them there now. Also i have big one under my ears on both sides. I get them near my eyebrows too. Like i said i have it all on my face: forehead, chin, jawline, cheeks and side of my nose and i even got them on my nose but those are going away but left scars that make them look like they are active. I cannot wait to see the day where i can leave the house without makeup what so ever because im tired of missing out on things ): im tired of canceling things because of my bad acne. I just want it to be like my 7th and 8th grade year when i had a pretty good skin. I did get acne but nowhere near as bad acne.

Also please let me know of any treatments that could take off acne scars. Im not talking about the discolorations. I mean the dented holes ones. I just want to know if there are such things as taking off those types of scars that are said to be permanent. It would make me feel better if there was treatments to take off dented scars because that means the holes i see on my face can go away too since they arent that big or deep. I have one thats bigger than the others though ):

#6 lja08

lja08

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 October 2011 - 07:47 AM

Thank you for your words of wisdome! Im glad you replied because its great to know someone one is on the same treatment and that we both started about the same time! Please let me know any negative side effects in the future so i can be prepared for them haha! Did you notice how you eat whatever you want but you manage to feel like you're loosing weight from spiro? It could be my imagination but i feel like even if i do eat whatever i want, i wake up feeling like a have a smaller stomach hahaah it could just be my imagination tho haha! Are you taking a borth control with your spiro? I still havnt because i havnt gotten my period and my endocronologist told me to wait to take it on the first weekend that i do which i dont know why but i didnt ask why hahaha if u know why, i would like to know too haha

I definitely think the Spiro helps to get rid of any excess water/waste in your body for sure. i'm not sure if i've lost weight but that would be AWESOME if i did!

i am on Zovia birth control pills--i started taking Yasmin when I was 19 not for acne, but as an actual birth control method. It took awhile to clear up my very mild breakouts, but i'd say after about a full year, it really made my skin look fantastic. i went off it for a month once and my skin freaked out--so yeah, i havent been without it for a LONG time. so, i went to the gyno this past July and she made me switch to Loestrin FE which was HORRIBLE. I was incredibly depressed, crying constantly, feeling worthless...and my skin was freaking out. I literally havent felt that bad since high school! I finished one cycle on it and got a script for Zovia, which has the same hormones in it as Yasmin and is cheaper! My mood is totally normal and i feel just fine on it. If you are looking to regulate your cycle, a BCP will do wonders! I know friends who went on BCP just to regulate heavy periods and cramps!

Anyway, stick with the Spiro, and consider adding either a BCP or maybe even Doxy to get rid of the acne bacteria--I am on doxy too and it works well if i take it with food. I want to slowly get off it though, so I think in December I will start taking just one a day instead of 2.

Clear skin for everyone!

#7 Hopefulstar

Hopefulstar

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 October 2011 - 08:18 PM

Day 7

I cannot stress enough the fact that i am getting SEVERE cystic acne. I get more than one per day. This is really making me sad and i feel so ugly. I just hope thia stops very soon. It is ruining my life.

Things that ive noticed is that my boobs seem to get bigger and more rounder which is good.

I still have not gotten my period and it was supposed to come today so that sucks because i really want to start tri sprintec already. Spiro and tri sprintec are supposed to work better together for acne.

#8 Hopefulstar

Hopefulstar

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 October 2011 - 06:46 PM

Day 8

I still get new breakouts. My face is in pain. I think the fact that i still havent gotten my period is to blame for all the breakouts. I have so much active acne that it hurts to wash my face. Its almost monday again and i know my severe breakouts will cause me sadness during school. Ughhh i want this initial breakout to be over with!

Does dairy free diet work? Should i try it?

#9 Hopefulstar

Hopefulstar

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 October 2011 - 07:17 PM

Day 9

Still no period. It was supposed to come on the 28th. I cant really tell if i got a new breakout because theres so many active acne on my face that i cany even keep track anymore ): theres school tomorrow and i have a feeling im going to be feeling down because of my face. Ugh i cant wait for the day where acne wont take over my worries. I have a HUGE HUGE HUGE pimple on my upper bridge of my nose with a huge hugee redness that makes it even gigantic. I look so bad right now but it is better than few days ago but it is still pretty bad. I have a feeling though that my IB is nearing to an end and i hope so because i cant stand my face being in pain and i just want to be happy and confident.

#10 lja08

lja08

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 October 2011 - 02:21 PM

are you planning to go on a BCP? it will regulate your period!

#11 Hopefulstar

Hopefulstar

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 October 2011 - 08:17 PM

lja08,

Yes i do plan to (: i think i may be getting my period anytime soon because im spotting now ahahah. I will be taking tri sprintec this saturday if it comes sometime during this coming weekdays! Ahahah i cant wait although i hope the BC wont cause another IB because my face is actually calming down so yay (: i think im done with the IB from spiro or it could just be because my period is coming ahahaha. I just hope the best for me and everyone with acne <3

Day 10

Yay! My face is calming down! It makes me happy to feel that my face is not in pain anymore. I am spotting right now so my period my come anytime soon and i hope so, so that i can start tri sprintec birth control this saturday. Ive heard about birth control IB and i hope i wont have to deal with another set of IB because i think my IB from spiro is ending. That was a very hard time to deal with painful acne both emotionaly and physically so i really hope the spiro breakout (which seems to be ending) will be my last IB. i cant stand to feel sad anymore over my acne. I cant wait for the day i wont have to wear foundation! Ahahha i hope everyone and myself clear skin!<3

#12 lja08

lja08

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 November 2011 - 03:09 PM

yay congrats that your breakouts are getting better. i know in the past whenever my period would come...BAM i'd wake up the next day and my skin would look much better. once you are on the BCPs, it wont be so crazy...i remember the first month i took them i didnt even get my period...and i most definitely didnt get any breakouts. i think my skin just got better as i kept taking them. by the 4-5 month, things were great.

sometimes it just feels good to go out without makeup. go out and walk around and see that people dont really care if you have blemishes...its good for your skin to breathe and will make you feel better!

head up! you can do it!

#13 Hopefulstar

Hopefulstar

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 November 2011 - 05:10 PM

lja08,

You are so sweet! Thanks for your encouragement! Are you actually taking spiro & BC right now? I read some instructions of it & its a little confusing ahaaha. I think i will start the BC on sunday rather than saturday because itll be easier that way i guess ahahah. The rules of the BC are hard to rememeber and confusing because this would be my first time to use them.

Day 11

Period actually came today. I dont know if its my mind but i think i brokeout. Its whatever because i think it will all be smooth sailing after this period since i get to start the BC on sunday. Yay!

PS if its useful for anyone its good to take your meds at 8 and 6 for a goos time frame (:

#14 lja08

lja08

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 November 2011 - 07:49 AM

haha no problem. sometimes you just need a little encouragement, right? :)

you can start the BC any day really once your period is done. just make sure you keep track of the active vs non-active pills (they are usually a different color than the active ones). they are just sugar pills really so you dont even need to take them...i dont. if you miss a day, take 2 the next day. try to take them at the same time everyday if you are using them as your only method for contraception...if not, then it doesnt really matter that much. i take mine when i wake up in the morning.

good luck!!! it may take a couple months for your cycle to get adjusted and for you to see improvement, but with spiro and BC, you should be good to go!

#15 Hopefulstar

Hopefulstar

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 November 2011 - 03:21 PM

haha no problem. sometimes you just need a little encouragement, right? :)

you can start the BC any day really once your period is done. just make sure you keep track of the active vs non-active pills (they are usually a different color than the active ones). they are just sugar pills really so you dont even need to take them...i dont. if you miss a day, take 2 the next day. try to take them at the same time everyday if you are using them as your only method for contraception...if not, then it doesnt really matter that much. i take mine when i wake up in the morning.

good luck!!! it may take a couple months for your cycle to get adjusted and for you to see improvement, but with spiro and BC, you should be good to go!

So after i finish my pack of BC do i start right away the same day i did the first time i took BC? Also im breaking out still. How is spiro working for you ?

Day 12

Just when i thought my IB was over, i guess its not because im still breaking out. Its whatever because i know it will work soon and im just a day closer to it (: ive also noticed that i get full quickly and i stay full for a long time. It could be a con because that could mean my metabolism slowed down? Its could be a pro because maybe it wont make me eat alot. Idk ahahah. Ive also noticed i dont have trouble falling asleep anymore. Like it wont take me hours and hours just to fall asleep. Idk if its the med or not though. I definately pee alot more during night too.

#16 lja08

lja08

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 November 2011 - 03:29 PM

when you are finished with the pack (your period is over), just start the new one.

your OB/GYN or even a nurse should go over this stuff with you before they prescribed it...did no one tell you how to take the meds?? if so...shame on them!

spiro is working out well for me. i dont really have any adverse side effects except peeing more and larger breast size (not complaining there!). i will still get an occassional whitehead/blackhead, but they are really small and very manageable.

#17 Hopefulstar

Hopefulstar

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 November 2011 - 03:41 PM

lja08,

No my endocrinologist just told me to start them the first weekend i get my period lol and thats all she said. She also said not to stop taking them until my next appointment which is in three months haha. Do you kno if there any treatments for indented scars because i have a few /:

#18 Hopefulstar

Hopefulstar

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 November 2011 - 02:39 PM

Day 13

I dont know why but my face is breaking out again. Ugh. I hope tri sprintec wont make it worse when i first take it on sunday. Im so over this acne and feeling sad and ruining my day ugh. Im just wishing for the best still.

#19 Hopefulstar

Hopefulstar

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 November 2011 - 07:12 PM

Day 14

Two weeks! I remember the first week being hell with sooooo much breakouts everyday. Im happy to say that it is getting bettter (: yay! Fewer breakouts and clearer skin!

#20 Hopefulstar

Hopefulstar

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 November 2011 - 09:57 PM

Day 15

Started tri sprintec today even though ive said i would start them tomorrow which is sunday. Ahahaha i just couldnt wait any longer becase i want clear skin asap. Although i am still getting new pimples, it isnt making me sad because at the same time my other parts of my face are clearing up too. Im so glad im done with tge terrible severe initial breakout. That was so tough to go through. If you are in that situation, please dont give up on it because in a few days it will be better. So far, my face is doing good. I hope tri spritec wony give me a bad breakout. We'll see and i hope it doesnt (: