fish oil zinc probiotic

4 replies to this topic

#1 dvw1986

dvw1986

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 October 2011 - 09:55 PM

So, I was already on the regimen for about two years with clear skin, started to get some breakouts and thought it wasn't working anymore (but, I was just slacking on it and being really picky about the state of my skin even though I would love to get back to where my skin was 4 months ago :(. I went off of the regimen for the past 4 months or so as I tried the holistic approach to things which obviously did not work. I got back on the regimen two weeks ago since the holistic approach did not work for me. I started off slow with a small amount once a day and started applying the bp (small amount) twice a day last week. Now, my skin is breaking out a little bit more and very dry. I have little brown dry patches on my skin that flake off. I think it's best if I go back to once a day while my skin gets accustomed to it again. Is this pretty normal? I have slight redness, the itchiness is pretty much gone, I can just really see that my skin is turning over and I have some new breakouts. I guess I just have to stick through this initial phase and know it will eventually get better. I have started taking fiber, zinc, probiotics and fish oil.

#2 dmb41

dmb41

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 October 2011 - 03:56 PM

I will be starting my 3rd week tomorrow.

The ending half of this past week, I've broke out a little bit. Completely expected while on the regimen, and they seem to be healing faster. My face is still dry from the BP also, but i found that applying a little bit of moisturizer to your dry spots about 15-20 minutes after you apply the moisturizer when you do the regimen seems to help a little bit. Since day 1, I've been applying BP two times a day.

The redness from the BP does seem to be subsiding, so I'll be increasing to just over 1/2 a finger length tomorrow.

Long story short, what your going through is expected! Just keep thinking that down the road it will get better.

Good luck.

Edited by dmb41, 24 October 2011 - 04:02 PM.

DKR user since October 11th, 2011

Regimen as of March 1st, 2013

-CeraVe Cleanser in AM/PM

-Better Diet

-Exercise

-1 gallon of water per day

-Green tea capsule

- Tea Tree Oil for spot treatment

80% clear

#3 Cocobo

Cocobo

Nyanyanyanyanyan

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 25 October 2011 - 01:11 PM

Remember that if you stop the Regimen for some time then your skin has to get reaccustomed to it. So expect some breakouts / purging, and some redness and dryness. It will go away with time, in my experience the longer you persevere the better your skin gets used to the BP and cooperates.
Hi, I'm Kaila.
I do the DKR with Cetaphil cleanser once a day (usually at night) and 1/2 dose BP. Sometimes I use AHA+ in addition to moisturizer but not much anymore. 100% clear for months and months! (Keep in mind that when I started, I needed to do the full-blown Regimen for 3 months before I could start cutting back)
Feel free to PM me!
Sorry for being gone so much. I'm trying hard to be here for you guys more.

#4 dvw1986

dvw1986

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 October 2011 - 11:02 AM

Ouch! I hate the adjustment period. I don't remember it being like this the first time I used it. Last night I literally woke up at 2am and had to wash the bp off because it was burning and itching pretty badly. I am probably using too much, but I figured in the 3rd week I should be at the right amount and using it twice a day. I guess I need to lower the amount and probably go back to once a day. If I do that and only apply bp in the morning, what should I do at night-just moisturize?

#5 Cocobo

Cocobo

Nyanyanyanyanyan

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 26 October 2011 - 04:23 PM

Well if you look at the Regimen timeline you're not supposed to be up to full BP usage until 5 weeks. I know it's a while but it definitely is worth it. I used 10% BP before the Regimen, and so I foolishly thought I could start with close to max Dan's BP, and I was so wrong.. It was BAD. So I heartily advocate the adjustment period for anyone who is starting (whether it's their first experience with BP or not).

Still wash and moisturize during the other "application" if you do decide to only do BP at morning or at night.

Hope this helps!

Edited by Cocobo, 26 October 2011 - 04:24 PM.

Hi, I'm Kaila.
I do the DKR with Cetaphil cleanser once a day (usually at night) and 1/2 dose BP. Sometimes I use AHA+ in addition to moisturizer but not much anymore. 100% clear for months and months! (Keep in mind that when I started, I needed to do the full-blown Regimen for 3 months before I could start cutting back)
Feel free to PM me!
Sorry for being gone so much. I'm trying hard to be here for you guys more.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users