Photo

How Should I Modify My Diet

ibs picky low glycemic

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 t3wanter

t3wanter

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 October 2011 - 08:50 PM

Currently my diet consists of:
Banana
Apple turnover
Cinnamon raisin bagel
Ralph's yogurt
Two jumbo eggs
Low glycemic Linguini with extra virgin olive oil and salt
White jasmine rice with low sodium soy sauce
Marinated beef short ribs (galbi)
Snacks like Ritz crackers, wheat thins

I hate nuts/seeds and I hate most vegetables (I don't eat salad for instance)
How should I modify my diet to decrease my acne?

There are a lot of conflicting topics in this forum such as whether to eat red meat or eggs or drink milk so this has also confused me

Thanks

Edited by t3wanter, 20 October 2011 - 09:06 PM.

#2 electthedead01

electthedead01

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 October 2011 - 09:07 PM

First thing, get rid of processed foods and EAT MORE VEGETABLES. The more the merrier.

Also you might want to lower your sugar. The turnover, bagel and yougurt are probably filled with sugar.

Also you should suplement with fish oil and zinc, depending if they help you or just make it worst.

So less processed foods, MORE REAL FOODS, and lower you sugar count.

First thing, get rid of processed foods and EAT MORE VEGETABLES. The more the merrier.

Also you might want to lower your sugar. The turnover, bagel and yougurt are probably filled with sugar.

Also you should suplement with fish oil and zinc, depending if they help you or just make it worst.

So less processed foods, MORE REAL FOODS, and lower you sugar count.

#3 t3wanter

t3wanter

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 October 2011 - 09:17 PM

Thanks. I do supplement with multivitamin and fish oils but I refuse to eat nuts/vegetables. I'd rather have acne than force myself to eat things I will gag on. I guess more fruit? But which fruit? and what about ribs? Some people here said red meat is bad and some said it is good. Same with eggs. How can I get sufficient calories on my constraints? Need more ideas. What about yogurt? Has lots of carbs too :/

Edited by t3wanter, 20 October 2011 - 09:36 PM.

#4 coleb

coleb

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 October 2011 - 11:56 PM

Thanks. I do supplement with multivitamin and fish oils but I refuse to eat nuts/vegetables. I'd rather have acne than force myself to eat things I will gag on. I guess more fruit? But which fruit? and what about ribs? Some people here said red meat is bad and some said it is good. Same with eggs. How can I get sufficient calories on my constraints? Need more ideas. What about yogurt? Has lots of carbs too :/

vegetables make you gag?are you retarded? theres absolutely nothing inherently disgusting about vegetables. at all. You are stupid if you think so. Anything that makes you gag like that is a result of your own preconceived notions. And until you can admit to being an idiot, enjoy your acne. You should be eating a decent amount of vegetables at least twice a day, preferably more.

Nuts are also really good because they are fats and calorie dense. Best ones are macadamia nuts and walnuts. (macadamias are expensive as fuck though)

#5 FaceValues

FaceValues

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 16
About Me

Achievements

Posted 21 October 2011 - 01:25 AM

vegetables make you gag?are you retarded? theres absolutely nothing inherently disgusting about vegetables. at all. You are stupid if you think so. Anything that makes you gag like that is a result of your own preconceived notions. And until you can admit to being an idiot, enjoy your acne. You should be eating a decent amount of vegetables at least twice a day, preferably more.

Nuts are also really good because they are fats and calorie dense. Best ones are macadamia nuts and walnuts. (macadamias are expensive as fuck though)

Posted Image

Instead of looking for the right person, become the right person.

If you treat your self/symptom with a lot more compassion, you'll find your skin heals much faster when it's not constantly in store for a thrashin'. Rather than blasting the sound of what you're currently treating your face with, the case may be you just need to change the station and re-evaluate you and your skin's relationship . It's easier than you think to relate with, because much like mainstream radio emotions always make for underrated yet relevant statements.

My website is in progress and will probably benefit you in some way.

#6 t3wanter

t3wanter

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 October 2011 - 02:53 AM

sorry i dont like a certain type of food. and i never said they were disgusting or bad. i just have a hard time eating them and prefer not to

im sure you have food that you dont like. and im actually allergic to nuts and my IBS prevents me from eating some vegetables such as tomatoes and onions. i think u should take a step back from the computer and chill out

#7 chunkylard

chunkylard

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 October 2011 - 04:44 AM

"Some vegetables"

If you don't like salads, drink a green smoothie. Easiest way to get your veggies in without having to actually really eat them. Your diet is mostly sugar, which will not only ensure you won't be healthy but it's very likely most of the foods on your "list" are contributing to your acne.

If you want to know how to modify your diet, cut the crap out and add real food in like vegetables, various cuts of meat, herbs and spices. If it's been processed (like the bagel and wheat thins) avoid it. There's only a small amount of fat and protein in your diet. It seems to be mostly carbohydrates, which is in and of itself not quite healthy but very likely also the reason you're breaking out.
After suffering with acne since age 11, finally found my triggers 11 years later.
Clear for almost 1 year & in control of my acne, although due to some hyperpigmentation, I believed I was still breaking out. In fact, I thought I had just cleared up a few months ago, but after realizing my "breakouts" were simply scarring I also realized I was technically clear for much longer than I thought. Rare breakouts only whenever I get lazy with my diet.

The Cure for Acne:
-Avoid the Acne Trifecta: Soy, Gluten, and Dairy like the plague.
-Eat a Low-GI diet and avoid Sugar.
-Eat lots of protein and healthy fats (ANTIBIOTIC FREE/NO HORMONES ADDED/FREE RANGE/HUMANELY SLAUGHTERED)
-Get lots of green vegetables and sunshine.
-Supplement whenever possible. Due to how much we've ruined food in the past 60 years, the amount of nutrients found in food nowadays is lower than it was decades ago.
-Exercise, get sunshine, and avoid stressful situations.
-Don't fear food. Go out & eat. It's not good for the skin, but it's good for the soul.

#8 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 October 2011 - 09:57 AM

Crap includes -
Apple turnover - refined flour, likely trans fat, tons of sugar.
Cinnamon raisin bagel - super dense source of refined flour.
Snacks like Ritz crackers, wheat thins - refined flour and trans fat.

Iffy but possibly ok on occasion in an otherwise nutrient dense low to moderate glycemic diet:
Ralph's yogurt - is it sweetened?
Low glycemic Linguini with extra virgin olive oil and salt - add some veggies to it.
White jasmine rice with low sodium soy sauce - add some veggies to it.
Marinated beef short ribs (galbi) - covered in sugary sauce?

I hate nuts/seeds and I hate most vegetables (I don't eat salad for instance)
How should I modify my diet to decrease my acne?

Start eating vegetables. Let your taste buds grow up.

Edited by alternativista, 21 October 2011 - 09:58 AM.

Status: Clear after 30 years. Wow, I guess it's been 6 years, now.

[ Story: Severe Acne since I was 10. 10+ years of Dermatologists, Antibiotics, topicals and ACCUTANE did nothing. Discovered oranges triggered the worst of my cystic acne = about 70% improvement. Tried some nutrient supplements like B-complex with zinc and C, saw palmetto and a BHA like the aspirin mask = more improvement, a lot less oily. Then, Diet changes = Clear.

Regimen: Anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense, blood sugar stabilizing diet and supplements (for hormones, inflammation, aging, health). No soap or other cleanser except for hand washing! Water only or Oil cleanse. Aloe Vera mixed with niacinimide and a high linoleic acid oil for moisturizer and reduce pigmentation.

Diet effects acne in so many ways: hormone balance, inflammation, Insulin levels, digestion, allergies and intolerances, liver function, adrenal function, SHBG levels, sebum quality, cell function and turnover, nutrient deficiencies, body fat, etc. Basic advice: Eat, sleep, supplement and exercise like you are a diabetic. And eat real food!

For more information, see my Good Things for Acne thread *Moderator edit - Please refer to the board rules (see “Advertising/soliciting”, “Linking” and “Signatures”)*

When you eat stuff, Stuff Happens!

#9 vapor1

vapor1

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 October 2011 - 11:13 AM

you don't have to necessarily eat that many vegetables and most nuts f my skin up. Just eat more eggs / meat and fruit
Clear as long as I stick to Paleo - lots of meats, vegetables, healthy fats, and small amounts of fruit. Supplements: CLO/ fish oil, Mg, vit. D3, vit. E.