Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Acne Slush (Co2, Sulphur & Acetone)

10 posts in this topic

I just had one of these done at the derm (1st appointment with this new dermatology clinic), it took about 1-2 minutes. I am surprised I have never heard of it before, and there is very little info on it when I search. I feel like my red marks (from a terrible flare over the last few months) are dramatically lighter in only a few hours.

Does anyone know more about this procedure? My derm said I could get them every 2-3 weeks if I liked the results.

Information is the key to making good decisions - share what you know with others.

As of October 2011

Rx: Doxycyclin, Differin, Plexion

Likas Papaya soap, Sulphur & SA soap

Vicco turmeric cream (with sandalwood)

PCA skin A&C and Hydrating serums, Perfecting Protection (sunscreen)

Vitamin C powder

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Makeup: Tarte Smooth operator liquid & stick blush, and different mineral makeups (BE, Philosophy, Alima, Bobby Brown, Clinique...)

Dermarolling

combo/oily - sensitive/allergic - light/med olive - very PIH prone

You know, I don't know. They said insurance covers it, but I'm sure not the whole amount. I probably should have asked! I hope it's cheap because they said I could get them every 2-3 weeks, drop in because it's done by the assistant.

Information is the key to making good decisions - share what you know with others.

As of October 2011

Vitamin C powder

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Makeup: Tarte Smooth operator liquid & stick blush, and different mineral makeups (BE, Philosophy, Alima, Bobby Brown, Clinique...)

Dermarolling

wow that is awesome! i wonder if my derm will do these on me. keep me updated

I think the acne slush was a super good idea. Noticeable improvement right away for me. I would def ask your derm about it.

As of October 2011

Vitamin C powder

Dermarolling

Sorry, I don't have pics.

I know it would be helpful, but I hate to see pictures of my terrible skin, so I avoid them. redface.gif

I should be better about that for the acne.org community.

As of October 2011

Vitamin C powder

Dermarolling

no worries and i know what you mean. i dont like taking pics of myself especially without makeup!

Hi, I was just wondering if you still think the cyroslush was good for your red marks? No side effects?

How exactly does it work?

Thanks!

Acetone is really bad for your skin, I hope it continues to work in the long run though