Photo

Breesy's Isotretinoin Log To Cure (Severe) Acne! (Pictures Every Week)

aha alpha hydroxy acid

107 replies to this topic

#41 alex10101

alex10101

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 November 2011 - 07:48 PM

hey alex i really think you should try accutane instead of the dkr. dont get me wrong the dkr is good but i think its aimed at more mild acne, and if you have moderate to severe acne, once you stop using the BP the acne will come right bacck and probably worse, while accutane will most likely clear you for good. Thats why i started accutane after about 2 weeks of the dkr.

and to breesy, it doesnt look like your acne is all that bad man, just alot of marks. Seriously buy some 100% emu oil, gentle enough to use on accutane and has been GREAT for my red marks so far. youll be good in no time

Yeah thanks! I'm beginning to find that out. The anti-biotics that I was on actually made my acne worse and the BP and Dan's regimen only really helps reduce the minor papules that I have but never the cysts. I definitely agree with you, especially now after having tried a lot of options. My doctor prescribed my Accutane today; it was his suggestion even, not mine! I still have to call him back to put me on IPledge but that shouldn't be a problem, being a guy and all. Other than that, the prescription is just waiting at the pharmacy for me!

Also, breesy, do you notice a difference yet as far as less new pimples forming? Just curious to know what to expect.

#42 breesy

breesy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 19 November 2011 - 07:51 AM

Day 32

It's over a month now!

Skin feels still very tight in the jawline, I've been trying to moisturise more but isn't helping whole a lot, maybe I should try a different moisturiser...

Not much else going on, I had a big one in the right side of my face which was odd as that side, and especially the spot, had no pimples for like 3 weeks.

Anyway I'll upload some pictures again later on the evening when I've gone to the shower.

Also, breesy, do you notice a difference yet as far as less new pimples forming? Just curious to know what to expect.

Yep definitely, a huge difference after the initial breakout. Before I would get like 5 new every day, now it's maybe 1-2 and they are clearing up at faster speed. My forehead has currently zero and chin only two little ones. Can't say for sure though, some people's skin gets worse for a whole lot longer time and it can be mine will get worse in the close future aswell, hopefully not though!

Edited by breesy, 19 November 2011 - 07:52 AM.

#43 Amak

Amak

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 November 2011 - 05:51 PM

Hey breesy I posted on your first page and I never responded :o I am currently teaching myself Finnish now
Good luck on your accutane :)

#44 breesy

breesy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 22 November 2011 - 12:21 PM

Day 35

Hey haven't posted in a few days simply due to lack of progress on the skin. It's mainly the same except I got a small breakout yesterday, one in the forehead and 2 next to mouth which none of have formed to a pimples yet.

I ordered my time to the blood work and dermatologist early so I would not have any days with no pills. I got my blood work tomorrow and the derm on next week's tuesday so I have around 8 days still of the old box left!

I'm thinking a 60mg would be suitable for me now, for the next 50 days - I'll see what the derm thinks. My red marks/post inflammatory hyperpigmentation or whatever they are aren't fading in the slightest!! so annoying as they look as bad as pimples to ignorant people :(

I'll post my pictures when I've gone to the shower, so in a hour or two!

#45 Hopeful*

Hopeful*

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 November 2011 - 01:40 PM

Day 35

Hey haven't posted in a few days simply due to lack of progress on the skin. It's mainly the same except I got a small breakout yesterday, one in the forehead and 2 next to mouth which none of have formed to a pimples yet.

I ordered my time to the blood work and dermatologist early so I would not have any days with no pills. I got my blood work tomorrow and the derm on next week's tuesday so I have around 8 days still of the old box left!

I'm thinking a 60mg would be suitable for me now, for the next 50 days - I'll see what the derm thinks. My red marks/post inflammatory hyperpigmentation or whatever they are aren't fading in the slightest!! so annoying as they look as bad as pimples to ignorant people Posted Image

I'll post my pictures when I've gone to the shower, so in a hour or two!

Awww! Don't Let it get you down! You still have lots of time left in your course :)
-Never let a day pass you by where u haven't learned something new.

#46 breesy

breesy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 22 November 2011 - 02:49 PM

thanks Hopeful... As far as I know the accutane doesn't help hyperpigmentation :<

I would post the pics but I can't find the cord to attach my phone to computer and my phone is ancient so can't use dropbox >.< will be up tomorrow..good night

#47 Hopeful*

Hopeful*

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 November 2011 - 05:58 PM

thanks Hopeful... As far as I know the accutane doesn't help hyperpigmentation :<

I would post the pics but I can't find the cord to attach my phone to computer and my phone is ancient so can't use dropbox >.< will be up tomorrow..good night

I'm not too sure it does.. But sometimes while you're on the course scars & discoloration normally starts to fade.. Also, Are you in the sun Alot? Hyperpigmentation occurs due to melanin production. So, you may want to keep your skin protected while your outdoors, even if it's only for 2 minutes! The sun's UV rays will definitely cause your breakouts or scars to become dark or discolored! Wear sunblock or a sunhat!
-Never let a day pass you by where u haven't learned something new.

#48 breesy

breesy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 24 November 2011 - 02:21 PM

Day 37

Got my hair cut today, it's neat Posted Image I've also got the pictures, a bit late for the weekly update but meh..

I don't have currently many pimples, one big in the forehead and 1-2 on both cheeks and 1 next to mouth.

Forgot to call in to get the answers for my blood test that I had yesterday but it doesn't really matter as I'll have my appointment next week's tuesday so I'll hear it there..or maybe I'll just call tomorrow

Anyway here are the pics, the lightning I guess made the right side look slightly better, or I don't know - you guys can be the judge Posted Image Good night!

mig2.jpg mig3.jpg

And Hopeful nope I'm from Finland you get barely 6 hours of daylight here in this season, darkest of the whole year, and it rarely shines so can't be from the Sun

#49 whatamihere4

whatamihere4

hi

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 November 2011 - 03:07 PM

looks much more flattened out/way less pimples than day 1, nice dude

i dont know much about this but maybe you could apply some sort of scar/mark fading oil or cream or something, approved by your derm of course, while youre still relatively early in your treatment. i mean if it doesnt break you out it can only help, right?

#50 19drei19

19drei19

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 26 November 2011 - 06:29 AM

wow! your face is clearing!and you marks are kinda lighting up good for you!hopefully ill be the same im still breaking out

#51 breesy

breesy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 26 November 2011 - 04:48 PM

Day 39

Hey, didn't remember to call for my blood test results but I'll find them out tuesday. Hope that they're okay.

What I found out yesterday was that pretty much all of my blackheads from my nose have dissapeared, which is nice - even though they didn't bother much as you couldn't see them from far away. But it the skin there feels so smooth and clean now as pretty much every pore had a blackhead for a long time >.<

Anyway I have 2 pimples in the right side but they aren't really deep and have both small heads now, hopefully they'll fade in the night. one in forehead fading, yep not much else; red marks staying same.

looks much more flattened out/way less pimples than day 1, nice dude

i dont know much about this but maybe you could apply some sort of scar/mark fading oil or cream or something, approved by your derm of course, while youre still relatively early in your treatment. i mean if it doesnt break you out it can only help, right?

Yep I'm considering this. I don't want anything even slighty harsh that could lead to breakouts while on accutane, like retinoids or acids. I'm thinking trying some oils, like jojoba or emu or tea tree oil...some people have had positive results from themPosted Image

wow! your face is clearing!and you marks are kinda lighting up good for you!hopefully ill be the same im still breaking out

thanks drei, you don't have a log do you? hope that you will start clearing up too. Are you having problems with red marks?

http://www.youtube.c...player_embedded

#52 dreamer003

dreamer003

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 November 2011 - 06:00 AM

I had the same thing, my nose was full of blackheads and now they're all practically gone! Makes me feel like it's really working :)
Your skin is looking better btw and it's nice you only have 2 actives :D

#53 19drei19

19drei19

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 27 November 2011 - 08:16 AM

yes bressy i have problems with marks and its already over a year since i have em but i see them lighting up unlike before my whole face is filled with red marks,,anyways i have like 4 acne now but i feel a little clear unlike before,my marks before just makes my face worse even if i dont have that much acne,when my acne goes away it leaves a red mark i have a schoolmate and he has so many cyst but when it goes away it doesnt leave a mark lucky him he is still suffering from severe acne though so in school i dont feel much left out Posted Image

yes i dont have a log im too lazy to make one lol and i dont take pictures anyways i just follow logs,anyways do you smoke or drink?

Edited by 19drei19, 27 November 2011 - 08:17 AM.

#54 Vanbelle

Vanbelle

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 27 November 2011 - 02:41 PM

Hey, I love the updates with songs! It's fun. Good luck! I see dramatic reduction in inflammation and looks like leftover post inflammatory erythema (PIE). PIE can't be treated with traditional remedies as people might suggest, like lemon, honey, acv, or so-called "lightening" products. This is meant to treat pigmentation problems, unlike you who's just dealing with the erythema. No worries though; erythema goes away much faster than pigmentation, so just give it time. You could benefit from mild exfoliation to encourage the process, which I would still advise against (for now) just to be as gentle as possible. Isotretinion is most effective when working solo, and not in concert with other topical remedies. It'll just mess with the progress.

And if you don't mind, I just discovered this song (I want to choreograph an urban-contemporary smooth hip hop routine to it):

:)

#55 breesy

breesy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 27 November 2011 - 04:11 PM

Day 40

Have my derm in two days...excited to go see her, Hope I'll get the 60milligrams

I got a few new pimples again, 2 on the left side... but they aren't ones that would be deep in the skin.

I had the same thing, my nose was full of blackheads and now they're all practically gone! Makes me feel like it's really working Posted Image
Your skin is looking better btw and it's nice you only have 2 actives Posted Image

Hey dreamer, it's nice indeed Posted Image and thanks, it's hard to see the improvements yourself, especially when I'm a bit obsessed with the mirrors.. that really isn't beneficial

yes bressy i have problems with marks and its already over a year since i have em but i see them lighting up unlike before my whole face is filled with red marks,,anyways i have like 4 acne now but i feel a little clear unlike before,my marks before just makes my face worse even if i dont have that much acne,when my acne goes away it leaves a red mark i have a schoolmate and he has so many cyst but when it goes away it doesnt leave a mark lucky him he is still suffering from severe acne though so in school i dont feel much left out Posted Image

yes i dont have a log im too lazy to make one lol and i dont take pictures anyways i just follow logs,anyways do you smoke or drink?

Same as me then - even the smallest pimple will leave a mark after it has subsided..

Heh okay, you can post your feelings here always! And no I don't smoke, I sometimes, rarely use snus, maybe once a week, which is nothing really. And before acne I would drink maybe twice a month. Now I don't really feel like going to the bars or even taking any with my friends as it won't do any good for the skin. I actually haven't drunk a single drop for what, 4 months?

Hey, I love the updates with songs! It's fun. Good luck! I see dramatic reduction in inflammation and looks like leftover post inflammatory erythema (PIE). PIE can't be treated with traditional remedies as people might suggest, like lemon, honey, acv, or so-called "lightening" products. This is meant to treat pigmentation problems, unlike you who's just dealing with the erythema. No worries though; erythema goes away much faster than pigmentation, so just give it time. You could benefit from mild exfoliation to encourage the process, which I would still advise against (for now) just to be as gentle as possible. Isotretinion is most effective when working solo, and not in concert with other topical remedies. It'll just mess with the progress.

Posted Image

Hey you new follower Posted Image! I really love trance and uplifting music in general so I like to share 'em with other people.

And about Post inflammatory erythema, so emu or jojoba oil would be little to no help? And the marks fading faster if it's only erythema compared to 'pih' I can't say myself, feels like the marks have remained the exact same all over the face since I first started getting breakouts >.<

Yeah I think letting my skin heal with the accutane only would be better choice and leave the exfoliating for later, as the skin feels pretty thin already

#56 Vanbelle

Vanbelle

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 27 November 2011 - 06:31 PM

Theoretically, emu oil and jojoba oil are more in the family of quality non-comedogenic and non-acnegenic moisturizers. I haven't heard of much other benefit, whereas another oil like seabuckthorn seed oil has additional benefits that give back to the skin (you can do a quick google search to see what I mean). I wouldn't say your mentioned oils would aid in healing red marks, but it could reduce redness in presently inflamed active lesions.

Think of your red marks like...like a bad papercut. It's kinda red after it heals up, but nothing's going to make the red fade away other than time. This is simply because it's not your skin's melanin, which is acne's aftermath on more ethnic skin types. It's a common mistake so the treatment advice gets mixed up. Just wanted to help :)

Edited by Vanbelle, 27 November 2011 - 06:34 PM.

#57 whatamihere4

whatamihere4

hi

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 November 2011 - 07:03 PM

Theoretically, emu oil and jojoba oil are more in the family of quality non-comedogenic and non-acnegenic moisturizers. I haven't heard of much other benefit, whereas another oil like seabuckthorn seed oil has additional benefits that give back to the skin (you can do a quick google search to see what I mean). I wouldn't say your mentioned oils would aid in healing red marks, but it could reduce redness in presently inflamed active lesions.

Think of your red marks like...like a bad papercut. It's kinda red after it heals up, but nothing's going to make the red fade away other than time. This is simply because it's not your skin's melanin, which is acne's aftermath on more ethnic skin types. It's a common mistake so the treatment advice gets mixed up. Just wanted to help Posted Image

Idk, i've heard a lot of good things about emu oil, but a bit hesitant to supplement it with accutane myself.

#58 19drei19

19drei19

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 28 November 2011 - 03:06 AM

i smoke and drink socially and i dont think it has any connections with acne so i do it :D i want to enjoy life with or without acne

#59 19drei19

19drei19

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 29 November 2011 - 09:12 AM

bressy my hyperpigmentation is getting out of hand lol!same boat as you dude!but atleast our acne is improving,my marks are bright red like it will take me 2years till it lightens and i dont know why this whitehead is getting red and bigger i thought a whitehead stays as it is and wont get big

#60 breesy

breesy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 29 November 2011 - 03:29 PM

Day 42

So today I was at the derm. She also had my results for the blood test, and guess what, the other, not sure if it was triglyceride, actually went down a point or something and the other and remained the same, hehe. I'm not sure if it's the changes in diet that I've made, but as far as I know triglyceride has something to do with cholesterol and dietary cholesterol and blood cholesterol aren't really correlated.

Anyway about the dosage, she was a bit cautious and wanted to increase only by 10mg. So I'm starting to take 60mg every other day and 40mg every other day so that's 50 a day. She said to take this for 3 weeks and if it's okay increase to 60milligrams. She said I had done good improvement with the skin to that was nice Posted Image

Not much else going on with the skin.. Would have a big party at the downtown with pretty much all buddys from near by schools at a big club at saturday but I'm not gonna go looking like this -.- meh..

Think of your red marks like...like a bad papercut. It's kinda red after it heals up, but nothing's going to make the red fade away other than time. This is simply because it's not your skin's melanin, which is acne's aftermath on more ethnic skin types. It's a common mistake so the treatment advice gets mixed up. Just wanted to help Posted Image

Thanks for clarifying.. I think I could still get some benefits from jojoba or emu as my jawline and cheeks are pretty dry no matter how much I moisturise and I can't really seem to find a moisturizer that fits me perfectly, won't just except any improvement with the red marks then!

bressy my hyperpigmentation is getting out of hand lol!same boat as you dude!but atleast our acne is improving,my marks are bright red like it will take me 2years till it lightens and i dont know why this whitehead is getting red and bigger i thought a whitehead stays as it is and wont get big

Heh, my marks are very damn red, dark red aswell, sucks..anyway doesn't really help to worry about something you can't exactly change yourself..

Edited by breesy, 29 November 2011 - 03:30 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users