Photo

Green Powder Supplement

supplement green smoothie

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 Kitten35

Kitten35

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 October 2011 - 11:21 AM

Has anyone used a grass green smoothie supplement and noticed a difference in skin?

I just bought some of out curiosity the other day at the health food store. I don't think I can say the name here but it is a green drink powder with spirulina, wheat grass and other such things. I have totally noticed it curbs my appetite (though I am not interested in losing weight) and gives me a little boost of energy. Its not been long enough to see any skin differences, has anyone else tried this and noticed any difference in their skin?

Edited by Kitten35, 17 October 2011 - 11:24 AM.

#2 FaceValues

FaceValues

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 16
About Me

Achievements

Posted 17 October 2011 - 05:23 PM

A lot of people on this forum will recommend spirulina and chlorella. I'd try it myself but I'm waiting on a piece to repair my blender and I'd like to take something like that in smoothie powder form (I take enough supplements as it is).

Instead of looking for the right person, become the right person.

If you treat your self/symptom with a lot more compassion, you'll find your skin heals much faster when it's not constantly in store for a thrashin'. Rather than blasting the sound of what you're currently treating your face with, the case may be you just need to change the station and re-evaluate you and your skin's relationship . It's easier than you think to relate with, because much like mainstream radio emotions always make for underrated yet relevant statements.

My website is in progress and will probably benefit you in some way.

#3 Kitten35

Kitten35

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 October 2011 - 08:17 PM

I do believe those things are in this supplement.

You don't need a blender for it, you can just shake it up in a closed cup. It's a little gritty, but, who cares?

Edited by Kitten35, 17 October 2011 - 08:17 PM.

#4 electthedead01

electthedead01

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 October 2011 - 10:01 PM

I saw one of these online at GNC. It was filled with all kinds of plant based vitamins and minerals. I would probably buy it if I had some money right now. :0

#5 FaceValues

FaceValues

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 16
About Me

Achievements

Posted 18 October 2011 - 11:45 AM

I do believe those things are in this supplement.

You don't need a blender for it, you can just shake it up in a closed cup. It's a little gritty, but, who cares?

I do. :)

Which is why I'm waiting for my blender seal, tyvm.

Instead of looking for the right person, become the right person.

If you treat your self/symptom with a lot more compassion, you'll find your skin heals much faster when it's not constantly in store for a thrashin'. Rather than blasting the sound of what you're currently treating your face with, the case may be you just need to change the station and re-evaluate you and your skin's relationship . It's easier than you think to relate with, because much like mainstream radio emotions always make for underrated yet relevant statements.

My website is in progress and will probably benefit you in some way.

#6 swallowed_inthesea

swallowed_inthesea

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 October 2011 - 12:34 PM

Following this. I've been looking into a green supplement to add to my morning smoothie, any brand in particular you'd recommend? Hope you see some improvement.

#7 Kitten35

Kitten35

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 October 2011 - 12:48 PM

Following this. I've been looking into a green supplement to add to my morning smoothie, any brand in particular you'd recommend? Hope you see some improvement.

Well, I don't know if I can "recommend" a brand on here because it could be construed as advertising. I'm sure all of them are good. The brand I have been using is Amazing Grass--the original green supplement, not any of the flavored ones. They also have one of just wheat grass but I like the blend, as you get spirulina and broccoli also. It seems to be very good for the price. It is on the somewhat expensive side (about $30, though I'm sure you can find it cheaper online somewhere) but that's for 30 servings, so you're averaging about $1.00 a day, which really is not unaffordable at all--cheaper than a cup of coffee at the gas station, and it is one of the cheaper supplements out there. :) Personally, I haven't used it long enough to see any change in my skin--I will update when and if I do--but I have noticed a definite change in energy--I have more. I have also noticed a BIG difference, even in just six days, in blood sugar stability. I have hypo-glycemic tendencies (never been "officially" diagnosed, but I have low blood sugar--have to eat every few hours, and a big snack--like at least 300 cals--small granola bars or something just will do nothing for me--I figure all the dr will tell me is "eat" lol) and I have noticed that this supplement has allowed me to go longer periods of time without eating or if I do get hungry, and get low sugar, I do not get nearly as bad of a headache or grouchiness.

I'd give it a go for a month or two, and see how you feel! I will update about my skin if I notice a difference.

#8 Kitten35

Kitten35

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 October 2011 - 08:35 AM

UPDATE: Definite difference. In a good way.

Was also having some trouble with B/C pill. So far, this seems to be countering that.

#9 huong

huong

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 February 2012 - 11:32 AM

I buy my supplements in bulk and make my own green mix every week. You can look up the ingredients in your pre-bought blend and buy them all separate in bulk and it will be way more cost effective. I buy my ingredients from a website called mountainroseherbs.com (I promise I'm not affiliated, I found this site through a raw food blog and the prices are jaw dropping cheap and high quality).

My mix includes spirulina, chlorella, cats claw, maca, lucuma, barley grass, noni, mesquite, hawthorne berry, cacao, cinnamon, bentonite clay (This list is kind of crazy but you can play around with what you add but do some research on different superfood powders. There are so many more I wish I could try)

In order to get the effects of each ingredient I need to ingest quite a large quantity of my mix (I use 3-4 tablespoons a day) so blending it into a smoothie makes it really unpalatable. I mix my powder with about 4 ounces of aloe vera juice or water and pour the mix into a shot glass and shoot it in order to get it down.

I can't say if these supplements have helped with my acne per say, I'm working on cutting out bad things from my diet that could have effected it and a new skin care regime and my face has been improving. These supplements are greate for your health eitherway.

Edited by huong, 14 February 2012 - 11:40 AM.