• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Shopping,reading
    movies,camping

Achievements

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:59 PM

October 23th
Here I am with my monthly update! Unfortunately I'm still taking spiro pills for my skin as it's impossible to get rid of acne without them. Everything is learned and explained WHY, all the causes are identified. This crap is genetic and you've gotta battle it for lifetime. It's been 1 year and 3 months since I've been taking hormonal treatment now. I know this just a short fix ( I'll have to stop eventually due to possible side effects). However, it got my life back. I used to waste my time on these message boards, reading random ways to clear my acne up, tried all those vitamins, ridiculous diets aka starving, took some antibiotics, even considered accutane as a last resort. I ended up with 50mg Spiro and it helped A LOT. My skin is improved,even scars are fading away. I'm not taking Spiro every single day though. I take it every other day or every 2 days. Sometimes I take it even once a week. The minor breakouts still occur week before my period, but that's it. I haven't changed my soaps and washes either. Haven't gone to dermo for lke 5 months now lol. Wish Spiro was safe enough to take it for the rest of my life as it does miracles to my skin ( working from the inside)...Sigh*Posted Image

#62 amy91

amy91

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
    movies,camping

Achievements

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:47 PM

December 23th

hello my negleted skin-log. haven't written anythin in a while cuz there was nothing much to write. So I stopped taking Spiro for like a month now. and my skn is still CLEAR!?! I'm pretty amazed myself, I don't know what's going on. Hope I've grown out of acne and it will never come back in that severe form. If anything..Spiro's there to help.

#63 amy91

amy91

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
    movies,camping

Achievements

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:46 PM

Feb 4th

So I've stopped taking Spiro and now it's been almost 2 months without the pills. My skin is doing fine, I get period-pimples every now and then, but they go fast especially if I don't pick on them. I hope to stop this pill addiction completely some day and maintain healthy, acne free skin with only topical medication and proper cleansing. I still do have the pills though, just in case if I get emergency breakouts.

#64 amy91

amy91

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
    movies,camping

Achievements

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:43 PM

April 10th

So it's been almost 4 months without spiro pills and my skin is doing great. I get occasional pimples here and there, but those are nothihg similar to the previous cystic breakouts. I don't know if my clear skin is still influenced by Spiro or I really grew out of acne. Hopefully its the version B. I plan on taking Spiro for another year if cystuc breakouts reoccur.

#65 amy91

amy91

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
    movies,camping

Achievements

Posted 01 September 2013 - 07:18 PM

September 1st

So I've been neglecting this log for a looong time and I'm pretty sure nobody reads it anymore lol, The reason I still keep it is to remind myself the steps and the process of acne clearing. Right now my face is clear without spironolactone. Although if not that hormonal course I'd never have a clear skin again, I'd be probably struggling with cystic breakouts since this day. it's been 8 months since I've stopped the Spironolactone treatment. And I haven't made an emergency appointment with my dermatologist for over a year now! Quite an achievement for me :)

My current skin regimen:

morning: gentle cleansing with Dove soap bar and applying a topical treatment that has 5% benzoyl peroxide in it all over my face. I skip moistrizing altho it's bad.

evening: exfoilating in the shower with Clean and Clear Deep Action scrub, gently rubbing it into my pores. Applying the same topical treatment.

Sometimes I give myself a sea salt mask that I purchased from Lush and it works great. My skin is overall clear and fresh even the scars are fading away.

makeup: It's been over a year since I stopped using any facial makeup whatsoever. No kidding. My skin looks great without foundation, powder or any other product that will potentially clog my pores. I'm very happy to be makeup free and still feel confident about my skin.

The only acne breakouts I get are those minor pimples right before the period, but they usually go away very fast if I don't touch my face too often.

Diet: I try not to eat too much sugar and junk food. As for dairy products and gluten, I don't really worry about those 2 since I'm not allergic to them. Although I don't overconsume any of those either. Overall my diet is far from being healthy, but it doesn't have too much greasy food either. I eat everyting in moderation.

Like I said before my acne was hormone related and Spironolactone helped me soothe the flactuating hormones in my organism. Hopefully I'll never have to worry about acne in the future as I get older ( i'm 22 now) and hopefully I won't have to repeat the spiro Course.

#66 hitea

hitea

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 20
About Me

Posted 18 November 2013 - 11:32 AM

What a great, detailed, long-term log! Thank you for being so diligent about updating! It really helps those of us who are looking into new treatments! :D

I'm thinking about taking Spiro along with my birth control, Beyaz. I'm hoping it will work just as well as it did for you! Congratulations for clear skin!!

#67 amy91

amy91

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
    movies,camping

Achievements

Posted 09 April 2014 - 10:49 PM

April 9th

So it's been 6 months ever since I posted an update on my log. My skin has been getting worse over the winter. First it was a few pesky chin breakouts that I ignored or concealed. Then I started getting bigger pimples (much like my previous monsters). The difference is that my breakouts have shifted a little bit. Not I get chin and upper lip (gross) pimples instead of cheek pimples. Acne breakouts are much smaller now, but they are constant and painful. Now that I got a job on campus and I'm dating a guy, It's not quite possible to be ok with having bad skin days. The pressure to have a clear skin is overwhelming and it's getting stronger.

I am calling my derm tomorrow to make an appointment. I want to re-start the Spiro treatment for another year or 6 months.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users