chemical peel makeup

66 replies to this topic

#21 eastie

eastie

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 December 2011 - 09:40 AM

how do you take this spiro daily?one pill daily or two pills of 25mg to make a sum of 50 mg?Doctors heree only want to put me on Dianette,which can be a cause of thrombosis,that runs in my family.So Id rather have Spiro but docs have no idea how to dose it,because they dont use it.So i will be curing myself!

#22 amy91

amy91

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Shopping,reading
    movies,camping

Achievements

Posted 19 December 2011 - 10:34 PM

how do you take this spiro daily?one pill daily or two pills of 25mg to make a sum of 50 mg?Doctors heree only want to put me on Dianette,which can be a cause of thrombosis,that runs in my family.So Id rather have Spiro but docs have no idea how to dose it,because they dont use it.So i will be curing myself!

I take 1.5 pill every morning ( 75mg). I would not suggest u to 'cure urself'. Everybody's acne is different, so maybe u don't need Spiro. If ur acne is hormonal, then yeah, maybe it will help you, but u never know. BCps are not my fave either, I would keep myself away from them. There is only 25mg of Spiro in Yasmin BC. I don't know about Dianette tho. Good luck.

#23 Natashagirl

Natashagirl

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 December 2011 - 11:08 PM

Amy91, are you gonna stay on 75mg or u might up your dose?

#24 amy91

amy91

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
    movies,camping

Achievements

Posted 23 December 2011 - 03:57 PM

Amy91, are you gonna stay on 75mg or u might up your dose?

I guess yeah, I'd like to try 100mg tho, but my derm doesn't want me to be on 100mg.

December 23th
I had my appointment last Wed, no facial again, I got another chemical peel. My derm wants me to stay on Spiro for a year at least. It's been 5 months, since I've been taking Spiro 75mg. My skin has been doin' pretty good during last week, I still have random whiteheads, red marks and superficial scars tho. And my face is not not perfect.
I'm still trying new things in my diet ( such as gluten freem diary free). But I also try to gain some weight. I substitute dairy milk with coconut milk and it's absolutely delicious. I also make homemade pita pizzas. Still doing my research about diet anc acne, trying to find the truth.

Edited by amy91, 23 December 2011 - 03:58 PM.

#25 amy91

amy91

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
    movies,camping

Achievements

Posted 30 December 2011 - 07:19 PM

December 30th
5 months with Spiro and my skin has been doing pretty good. This week I had 2-3 tiny pimples around my mouth ( probably due to PMS), they went away immdetiately. I decided to exfoliate my skin once a week, with baking soda. I also eat very healthy ( even tho it's very hard with my family and friends). But I think 60% of improvment comes from Spiro and topical creams. I have pretty bad scarring on my cheeks, but other than that my skin is clear.

#26 eastie

eastie

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 January 2012 - 11:11 AM

I take 1.5 pill every morning ( 75mg). I would not suggest u to 'cure urself'. Everybody's acne is different, so maybe u don't need Spiro. If ur acne is hormonal, then yeah, maybe it will help you, but u never know. BCps are not my fave either, I would keep myself away from them. There is only 25mg of Spiro in Yasmin BC. I don't know about Dianette tho. Good luck.

why are BC not your fave?

#27 amy91

amy91

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
    movies,camping

Achievements

Posted 06 January 2012 - 01:56 PM

^^ Becoz BC pills may cause blood clots and other pretty scary things. Spiro is not the perfect medication either, since it can cause irregular menstruation, potassium levels may increase, low blood pressure and etc etc. Actually every prescribed medication has some sort of side effects, but BC pills and Accutane have more side effects than low dose Spironolactone.

January 6th
First update of 2012! Hopefully I'll report good news about my skin this year. This week my skin has been doing pretty good, but I got 1 little whitehead on my left cheek and it fell off by itself while I was washing my face ( gross). No pus, just a dried whitehead. It was kind of weird to get that little monster, but probably I ate something 'bad' during these holidays. Other than that my skin is nearly clear. Yesterday I exfoliated my skin with baking soda, and it felt awesome. My skin got smooth,red marks fade away. My face was lil bit red first 20 min, then the redness disappeared. I will try this exfoliation every week. I'm still taking 75mg Spiro along with healthy diet and lifestyle habbits. Yes, I believe that diet affects acne, but 75% of improvement comes from Spironolactone and topicals.

#28 alias683

alias683

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 January 2012 - 02:12 PM

When you say that you exfoliate with baking soda, do you just rub it on your face and then wash it off?

#29 amy91

amy91

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
    movies,camping

Achievements

Posted 06 January 2012 - 02:43 PM

When you say that you exfoliate with baking soda, do you just rub it on your face and then wash it off?

I got this idea from Fran ( highonhealth.org). Take baking soda, add some water ( if your skin is sensitive, add more water), make a exfoliating texture. Then apply it to your face as a mask. Gently, don't rub! Wait 5 min or lil bit longer. It might be stingy or extra dry your skin afterwards. But baking soda really helps with whiteheads, red marks and it gives u a smooth skin. Don't use it every day, use it once a week, becoz your skin will get use to it and it will lose it effect. Good luck!

#30 amy91

amy91

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
    movies,camping

Achievements

Posted 13 January 2012 - 11:41 PM

January 13th
Another skin update! My skin has been doing okay during this week, I got 1 weird spot on my forehead tho. And I'm kinda annoyed by those pesky red marks and scars left on my cheeks. I'm still taking Spiro 75mg, doing exfoliation with baking soda and trying to eliminate triggering foods from my diet ( mainly dairy, gluten, soy and sugar). I wash my face 3 times a day, I know it's a lot, but can't help myself. I love my skin being dry.
Emotionally it's been a tough week tho, I'm feeling down most of the time because of my skin ( its almost clear tho), maybe because I'm freaking about post Spiro breakouts. I've heard that 90% of the time acne comes back with vengeance as u stop taking it. So I want to clear my acne with diet ( Before I stop taking spiro),but I'm not sure if diet alone can cure acne completely. While this skin cycle is still going around, I'm trying to emphasize other parts of mine ( such as hair, eyes, body and etc), trying to find ways to pamper myself and feel strong and stay motivated.

#31 amy91

amy91

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
    movies,camping

Achievements

Posted 19 January 2012 - 05:36 PM

Januar 19th
It's been almost 6 months with Spironolactone. My skin is overall clear, despite red marks and scars. The difference is noticeable for everyone. I'm still on 75mg, but I'd like to try 100mg for better results, but I'm afriad of side effects and IB, so I'll stick to this dosage for a while.
Other than Spiro, monhtly chemical peels and BP, I keep exfoliating my skin with baking soda ( works for me!), trying to eliminate:
Dairy
gluten
Sugar
High GL foods
I've been reading A LOT of stuff about diet and acne relation, and I believe that it's valid. I also want to take another food allergy test in the near future. Last time nothing came up, but it wasn't IgG or igE test. I also try to reduce stress and sleep well, because diet alone is not enough for good looking healthy skin.
I want to maintain clear skin even without Spiro ( or other oral meds.) and it seems like diet might be the right choice for me too. But as for now I won't quit Spiro, 'cuz it's been improving my skin during these 6 months. If I could manage cystic acne with healthy diet and topicals I'd be really happy,lol.

#32 amy91

amy91

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
    movies,camping

Achievements

Posted 21 January 2012 - 06:08 PM

-deleted-

Edited by amy91, 26 January 2012 - 04:37 PM.

#33 amy91

amy91

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
    movies,camping

Achievements

Posted 26 January 2012 - 04:37 PM

January 26th
It's been over 6 months with Spironolacone. My skin is clear and less oily. However I still have tiny whiteheads and red marks. Last week I picked this little whitehead and it got bigger, but thanks God it went away quickly. I hven't touched them for a long time...didn't know why did I squeezed it. However I got this cyst on my chin ( which is very weird, becoz I never breakout on my chin) and I connect it with some fermented foods I ate the other day or too much strawberries in my smoothie, either whole wheat bread....idk..and Spiro pills came yellowish this time, mayve that's the case.
Let's see what happens with spiro treatment,along with healthy diet.

Edited by amy91, 29 January 2012 - 07:13 PM.

#34 amy91

amy91

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
    movies,camping

Achievements

Posted 04 February 2012 - 02:02 PM

February 4th
Last week I got 2 little spots. One on my chin and the other one on my left cheek. I thought I ate something, but this morning I found out that it was due to my period. Yes, my cycle is messed up again. I don't know what's up wit Spiro, maybe It's because I haven't taken it on the same time? Or maybe my body couldn't adjust to 75 mg yet? Posted Image Whatever it is, it's very frustrating, not only because I get 2 periods a month, but also it gives me pimples ( they're small, but still peskyPosted Image ).
I hope these spots will settle soon and my cycle will get back to normal.
P.S Other than that, my skin still looks waay better than 6 months ago. Posted Image

#35 hopefulgirl123

hopefulgirl123

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 February 2012 - 03:15 PM

February 4th
Last week I got 2 little spots. One on my chin and the other one on my left cheek. I thought I ate something, but this morning I found out that it was due to my period. Yes, my cycle is messed up again. I don't know what's up wit Spiro, maybe It's because I haven't taken it on the same time? Or maybe my body couldn't adjust to 75 mg yet? Posted Image Whatever it is, it's very frustrating, not only because I get 2 periods a month, but also it gives me pimples ( they're small, but still peskyPosted Image ).
P.S Other than that, my skin still looks waay better than 6 months ago. Posted Image

For the periods, have you considered taking birth control pills?

#36 amy91

amy91

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
    movies,camping

Achievements

Posted 04 February 2012 - 05:08 PM

February 4th

For the periods, have you considered taking birth control pills?

Spiro helped me a lot, but since I bought these new pack of pills ( those are yellowish) my cycle got messed up, so I get spots here and there. BCps don't sound safe to me, because they may cause blood clots, breast cancer and pobably mess with my cycle evem more. I'm not very happy wth Spiro either, 'cuz I know it's not safe for long term usage either, but I have no choice.

Edited by amy91, 04 February 2012 - 05:08 PM.

#37 amy91

amy91

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
    movies,camping

Achievements

Posted 09 February 2012 - 04:38 PM

Feb. 9th
Update of the week! It's been a clear week for me. After those tiny yet pesky spots my skin is finally back to clear. Red marks are slowly fading away, so do scars. I burnt my skin with PanOxyl soap too much, so I got The Purpose gentle cleanser yesterday. My skin was flakey and super dry. It doesn't get very oily anymore and I'm still taking 1.5 pill of Spironolactone ( 75mg). No changes in my diet, no new eliminations too. Tryna get enough sleep and reduce stress. I hope Spiro won't mess with my period this month again and won't give me 2 periods along with new spots. Fingers crossed.

#38 amy91

amy91

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
    movies,camping

Achievements

Posted 16 February 2012 - 09:03 PM

Feb 16th
Skin update of the week. :) Okay, so I got my new pack of Spiro 75mg today. I'm still taking the drug and satisfied with results so far. I hope I won't get any problems with my period this month due to pills. I'm still trying to eat as healthy as I can ( by reducing dairy, gluten and sugar). The only problem that really bothers me is my constant weight loss ( which may be caused by Spiro, but obviously it's because of my elimination diet). Seems like I'm going to keep a food log along with skin log,lol.

#39 amy91

amy91

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
    movies,camping

Achievements

Posted 23 February 2012 - 05:07 PM

Feb. 23th
Skin update time!!! Ugh..I got a new spot on my left cheek. It's not big,it's not cystic, but still VERY annoying. It's because my period has started. And yes, my cycle is irregular again, like last month. I don't know what's wrong, but I guess it's Spiro's dosage, that my body couldn't adjust to. So I decided to decrease the dosage to 50mg a day and see what happens. I really hope that my period will get back to normal ( once a month). And that I'll stop getting unexpected spots twice a month ( even tho they're mild breakouts and heal faster). I'm little bit worried about taking 50mg tho, cause it's a very low dose and I don't know if it's strong enough to fight my acne. Fingers crossed.
P.S with all of these crazy periods and spots I figured out that diet doesn't really affect my acne ( unless eating crap everyday, in a large quantity). And I'm still aimlessly tryna gain some weight,lol.

Edited by amy91, 23 February 2012 - 05:07 PM.

#40 amy91

amy91

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
    movies,camping

Achievements

Posted 02 March 2012 - 04:41 PM

March 2th
Skin update! I had an appointment with my dermotologist yesterday, got my chemical peel and another prescription for Spiro. I asked my derm how long should I take Spiro for my acne, and he said that as long as it helps me,lol. Basically I'm addicted to those pills. He offers me to keep taking spiro at least for 2 years, then he hopes that maybe my hormones will settle by themselves at the age of 25. But he wasn't sure about that either, because the climate in California doesn't do any favors for problematic skin type. Anyways, I asked also about side effects from long term usage of Spiro, He said that I shouldn't be concerned about those side effects with 50mg. However If I ever decide to take more than 100mg then yes, the side effects will appear.
So i've been taking 50mg since feb 23th ( because I got 2 periods a month) and it's been helping me so far. I'm washing my face 3 times a day ( i know its considered overwashing, but I can't help it lol i feel oily and greasy whenever I touch my face) with panyoyxl wash or the purpose soap bar. I also avoid gluten, dairy and sugar as much as I can ( even though I'm not allergic to them) while trying to gain weight in a safe way. I'm sort of satisfied with Spiro ( as long as I haven't developed some kind of a resistace to the pills) and my topicals, even though I'd like to maintain clear skin without pills and chemicals. But because I have a genetic predisposition to acne, I'll never be able to have a clear skin without doing any efforts ( like my mom) or without being super concsious about my diet and lifestyle.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users