Last summer my derm put me on Spiro( 50 mg). It messed with my period at first, but it lasted for 1 cycle, my body was adjusting to new hormones I guess. My cycle has been regular since that.
My acne is 100% hormonal, because I always get breakouts right before my period. During the whole month I eat healthy, I follow Dan's regimen. It works nicely, but the week before THOSE DAYS, my skin goes crazy.
Here is my log! Started Spiro on July 21th
Spiro 50 mg Doxy 100mg
BP wash and BP 5% cream topical
I got 2-3 big cysts on my lower cheeks right before my period. But my face was pretty clear forthe rest of the month.
Spiro 50 mg Doxy 100mg
BP Wash and BP 5 % cream topical
I got smaller mid cycle cysts and one huge one before my period. Face was clear for the rest of the month.
Spiro 50 mg
BP wash and BP 5% topial cream
I got couple of new whiteheads on my left cheek. They turned into little cysts right before my period. At the end of the month face was smooth and clear.
BP gel, Retin-A, PanOxyl soap
I have not gotten mid cycle breakouts this month, and very small pimple right before my period. No big cysts like before. I have some whiteheads on both cheeks tho. My face has been pretty much clear these last 20 days.
How much damage did the acne do to my life.
1. I guess the biggest damage was my self-esteem and confidence (psychologial affects). I lost them immediately. I got too many insecurities and anxities, all about the way I look. I've never been so shallow to myself in my entire life. Acne ruined the 2 years of my life ( it will probably take more). Now I'm focused only on my physical look.
2. I lost 10-12lbs becoz of the strict diets. Now I'm underweight and it's pretty scary actually. I lost my curves ( i was kinda proud of them), now I'm flat. Acne made me paranoid about the food I consume.
3. I have to take tons of meds in order to keep this skin disease under the control. I depend on meds.
4. My routine is odd, and it seems like I cannot live with a guy with this routine ( like, don't kiss me while my BP is drying), and it's pretty embarrassing to have a sleepover. Actually, ever since I got acne, I've never enjoyed any social event. I lost my friends, it's harder to make new ones, nothing new in my personal life either. So Acne Also Makes me antisocial.
5. I'm probably damaging my body with all of those meds I take, but I just can't take it anymore, I want to look normal. Feel safe in my own skin.
6. I have to spend a lot of money on my derm, meds, other acne topcials and organic food.
Edited by amy91, 09 December 2011 - 03:36 PM.