Vegetarian Alternative To Fish Oils?

fish oil vegetarian

2 replies to this topic

#1 Ballerina_Baibe

Ballerina_Baibe

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Dance, music, Science - especially Biochemistry and astronomy. Johnny Depp and any films with him in. Musical theater and all aspects of performing but especially dance that's why it's first. Lady Gaga - people have been known to say I look like her... they're very wrong I just perform as her in a show.

Posted 13 October 2011 - 07:08 PM

I've been reading good things about taking fish oil supplements and would like to try it but as a vegetarian I wont be ingesting anything which comes from a fish, I'm highly intolerant to all fish and meat products after many years of vegetarianism so even though I'm so desperate to get rid of my acne I'll try anything I wont try something which is going to make me sick. So I was wondering is there a vegetarian alternative that works as well? Once upon a time I took flax seed oil instead of cod liver oil but that was for healthy joints.

#2 srgyork

srgyork

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 January 2012 - 12:08 AM

If i remember correctly my sister who is vegan takes flax seed supplements, which has a healthy dose of omega 3. You might want to check up on that to see if i am correct, but i am pretty sure flax seed oil is a good vegetarian option to replace fish oil.

#3 AcnID

AcnID

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 January 2012 - 09:12 PM

Off the top of my head, Flax Seed Oil is very good for this - it tastes terrible though, Blegh! I used to just chuck some in a glass of water and try drink it. Capsules are a better alternatives, but finding ones that are vegetarian are a slight issue (most capsules are made from gelatine, which is not vegetarian).

Have a read up on spirulina. It's a good source of Omega 6 afaik, but there may be some issues with it's omega 3 content - it's nevertheless probably a good supplement to take anyway.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users